Watmough and King to become life members of MWSE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
NRL Sea Eagles: Watmough and King to become life members
RUGBY LEAGUE
12 NOV 12 @ 05:00PM BY JON GEDDES

Anthony Watmough (above) and Jason King will join elite company after being nominated for life membership of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League football club. Photo: SIMON COCKSEDGE.
SEA Eagles stars Anthony Watmough and Jason King will be recognised for their contribution to rugby league on the northern beaches with life membership of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League football club.

The duo will join elite company in becoming just the 55th and 56th people to have received the honour.

The previous person to have been given the accolade was club legend Steve "Beaver" Menzies.

The club's football board uanimously approved the two nominations for life membership last week.

The nominations will go to the annual general meeting on December 13 for ratification by members, regarded as a formality.

Board chairman Bob Reilly said a number of factors made Watmough and King the right candidates.

"It is the 200 games they have played for Manly and the extra bit that reinforces their case for life membership is that they are both local juniors," Reilly said.

Watmough came through the grades with the Narrabeen Sharks while King is a product of the Belrose Eagles.

The pair are great examples for young rugby league players on the northern beaches that there is a pathway from the local competition to the NRL.

Not only have they become premiership winners with the Sea Eagles, but both have also played State of Origin for NSW and Watmough is also a Kangaroo.

The annual general meeting promises to be a poignant occasion.

A special jersey will be presented to Craig Annear, whose son Jason was a promising Sea Eagles player before he died tragically after the club's presentation night in October.

Jason's body was found at the base of a cliff near Freshwater Beach.

Yeah this is great news. Both those gys bleed maroon and white and are very deserved of the membership

Much as i'm a Jamie Lyon fan, He's not a 1 club player, nor a local junior, nor anywhere near 200 games for this club. He'll never get life membership.

Stevo said:
Much as i'm a Jamie Lyon fan, He's not a 1 club player, nor a local junior, nor anywhere near 200 games for this club. He'll never get life membership.

Mostly agree. If Killer does make 200 games he'll have a good case though, Hasbola got it without being a local junior nor a 1 club player.

Stevo said:
niether was BK,he got didnt he,but I can see what your saying,if he finishes at Manly,I reckon he will

Stevo said:

Hmmm, the first 2 apply to Cliffy Lyons as well and there have been few more deserving of life membership than him.

As for the 200 games, I think Killer will be around that mark by the time he hangs up his boots.

More importantly, by then he will have won 5 premierships in maroon and white (4 as captain), so how could you not give him life membership?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4