Watching live at the ground

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
My first game live this year and some things really showed up.

1) no talk. With social distancing and a small crowd it really struck me how little talk there was. Melb on the other hand never stopped talking in attack and defence - continually organising and reorganising
I was always taught "when your talking your winning" it was like most of the guys were watching.

2) DCE is our only point of attack, Cust does not take control of much, needs to grow into that, Funa trys but he's a centre not an attacking fullback. Levi darts a bit but doesn't get us on the front foot enough.
We just get shut down too easy. DCE needs to dummy more. He used to have 2 different dummy moves, saw one today and realised its been missing. The drop off without Turbo, Fainu and Walks is exactly what has killed us.

3) Marty, AFB, Paseka are quality props, Keppie is an OK bench prop. They hold their own.

4) Siro went ok, has good D but to be honest i wouldnt miss Tomo, Weddell, jet ski. Overall our back row don't offer much. These guys I feel are making Siro look better. I watched Albert and Parker closely and they did not get any good ball.

5) Parker is an honest footballer, if he was our most average player we would be OK with him as one centre.

6) we probably won't win another game this year.

1) no talk. With social distancing and a small crowd it really struck me how little talk there was. Melb on the other hand never stopped talking in attack and defence - continually organising and reorganising
I was always taught "when your talking your winning" it was like most of the guys were watching.

2) DCE is our only point of attack, Cust does not take control of much, needs to grow into that, Funa trys but he's a centre not an attacking fullback. Levi darts a bit but doesn't get us on the front foot enough.
We just get shut down too easy. DCE needs to dummy more. He used to have 2 different dummy moves, saw one today and realised its been missing. The drop off without Turbo, Fainu and Walks is exactly what has killed us.

3) Marty, AFB, Paseka are quality props, Keppie is an OK bench prop. They hold their own.

4) Siro went ok, has good D but to be honest i wouldnt miss Tomo, Weddell, jet ski. Overall our back row don't offer much. These guys I feel are making Siro look better. I watched Albert and Parker closely and they did not get any good ball.

5) Parker is an honest footballer, if he was our most average player we would be OK with him as one centre.

Well done on sticking it out today and I agree with your points and assessment.

We look gone and yes can't see us winning another game this year.

Again well done on supporting the boys live.

I saw enough of Cust today to see that he definitely isn't the answer at 6.

At this stage, Walker is our best 6 until Schuster has a run

Exactly NO TALK
Rabble
Poor last tackle options
One leader who can’t manage the game plan
Bring back Foz

Yep as you know mate my first game live too. And as disappointed as my boy was at the end we put it in perspective together.
1. We got to see the boys play and yell all game at the 2 refs Scam and the other guy
2. Witness a modern day rivalry live albeit result was crap
3. The boy saw sone great players live Scam, DCE, Munster, our props, JAC etc.
4. Great little venue right there in the action. And the field was mint.
5. Good bunch of manly supporters around us and we all did our best to bay for penalty’s, set restarts etc. even got a few with the old stager near us giving it to scam in his kick attempts and helping him miss a bunch!
6. We could watch footy live!

In relation to your points I agree on most all. People hammering dce have no idea what he’s carrying out there. It’s clearly too much for him. It’s too late now but next year he needs help and will get it frm Turbo, a different 6 and 9 perhaps. Heck even Bellamy was saying he’s a top class great player pre match. I’ll take his 5 cents worth over most on here.

I’d keep Funa at fb for the next couple and then get Hoppa to fb. Funa showed me enough he’s got something of worth. Melb are top tier and I won’t bag him after that. Mind you I was losing my s$&@ at him after the JAC try. He had no idea the ball was kicked as he had his back to the play the ball. That’s all it takes for Smith to pounce.

And man how much time does Smith have! It’s like the game hits slow motion when he gets the ball. I just wanted someone to smash him. That was really noticeable live. You can actually see why he’s been around so long. He never gets touched!

Anyhow, dissaponted in the late points and our dumb plays early in sets and again zero set restarts. But hey is there anything better than watching the footy with ur kid or loved ones. Would have liked the win, but hey we all knew it was a reach.

Yep as you know mate my first game live too. And as disappointed as my boy was at the end we put it in perspective together.
1. We got to see the boys play and yell all game at the 2 refs Scam and the other guy
2. Witness a modern day rivalry live albeit result was crap
3. The boy saw sone great players live Scam, DCE, Munster, our props, JAC etc.
4. Great little venue right there in the action. And the field was mint.
5. Good bunch of manly supporters around us and we all did our best to bay for penalty’s, set restarts etc. even got a few with the old stager near us giving it to scam in his kick attempts and helping him miss a bunch!
6. We could watch footy live!

In relation to your points I agree on most all. People hammering dce have no idea what he’s carrying out there. It’s clearly too much for him. It’s too late now but next year he needs help and will get it frm Turbo, a different 6 and 9 perhaps. Heck even Bellamy was saying he’s a top class great player pre match. I’ll take his 5 cents worth over most on here.

I’d keep Funa at fb for the next couple and then get Hoppa to fb. Funa showed me enough he’s got something of worth. Melb are top tier and I won’t bag him after that. Mind you I was losing my s$&@ at him after the JAC try. He had no idea the ball was kicked as he had his back to the play the ball. That’s all it takes for Smith to pounce.

And man how much time does Smith have! It’s like the game hits slow motion when he gets the ball. I just wanted someone to smash him. That was really noticeable live. You can actually see why he’s been around so long. He never gets touched!

Anyhow, dissaponted in the late points and our dumb plays early in sets and again zero set restarts. But hey is there anything better than watching the footy with ur kid or loved ones. Would have liked the win, but hey we all knew it was a reach.

Nice venue for footy. Made a day of it and don't regret it one little bit.
They had the flow, the possession and the calls.
If Garrick scores off the kick and we convert one of the other opportunities and it would have been competitive.
I looked up at one point and we had
A half playing 9
A centre playing fullback
A back rower playing centre
A centre playing wing
A full back playing centre.

Nice venue for footy. Made a day of it and don't regret it one little bit.
They had the flow, the possession and the calls.
If Garrick scores off the kick and we convert one of the other opportunities and it would have been competitive.
I looked up at one point and we had
A half playing 9
A centre playing fullback
A back rower playing centre
A centre playing wing
A full back playing centre.
Yep no regrets here either. And don’t get me wrong on Funa, he ain’t the answer at FB but from what I saw from Hoppa today I’d run him at Centre again for the next couple to get sone game air in his lungs then back to fb for the last couple. Not sure why but I thought Hoppa was going to be taller and more rangey. He kind of looked more in Jamils build. Not small but a bit more compact. Forgot to add, it would’ve really tough playing outside siro. He looks like a big kid playing, ball hits him and never gets past him. Doesn’t even think ball play.

And its like that for me

In that the last 4 games coming up this season I can attend all live yet probably going to watch us get beat each week.

Tigers home
Dogs anz stadium
Titans home
Warriors away

But still I support this club.

And its like that for me

In that the last 4 games coming up this season I can attend all live yet probably going to watch us get beat each week.

Tigers home
Dogs anz stadium
Titans home
Warriors away

But still I support this club.
Get along mate, we need the true fans out there. Look I live in Brissie so any chance I get I try get along. It would be hard for the boys in Sydney to keep fronting up right now. Just watched Des presser. He was on the money. We clean up a few things and play a bit smarter, we should account for the tigers.

Very similar thoughts 76. My first game live too.

DCE is in real strife mentally in my opinion. I know he polarises opinion here and Ive been a big fan but he has not got his head in the game despite his great individual skills. This is the biggest most worrying piece in the 2021 puzzle for me. Until we solve that we are going to struggle. You can see he’s struggling as he’s the only playmaker. The flip side of that is he gets 1.3 mill to get the job done.
We NEED a fit Dylan or an improved Cust next year badly. Was a bit disappointed with Cust but it’s still early. He’s a tough little bugger who cares.
There is another answer to this DCE issue and if we are fit and healthy next year it may well be the difference between 5th and 10th - MANASE FAINU.

Last edited:

DCE is in real strife mentally in my opinion. I know he polarises opinion here and Ive been a big fan but he has not got his head in the game despite his great individual skills. This is the biggest most worrying piece in the 2021 puzzle for me. Until we solve that we are going to struggle. You can see he’s struggling as he’s the only playmaker. The flip side of that is he gets 1.3 mill to get the job done.
We NEED a fit Dylan or an improved Cust next year badly. Was a bit disappointed with Cust but it’s still early. He’s a tough little bugger who cares.
Thanks for the news flash on DCE, I guess now you’ve validated my opinion, it must be true. You really are a marvel, keep up the great work scoop

Thanks for the news flash on DCE, I guess now you’ve validated my opinion, it must be true. You really are a marvel, keep up the great work scoop
Whatever champion.Some things are more obvious live. Knock yourself out. It’s a lot easier to be courteous. If it’s validation you require you have it.
You must be able to hold your hands up . I dare say it would be essential.

There is another answer to this DCE issue and if we are fit and healthy next year it may well be the difference between 5th and 10th - MANASE FAINU.

For me it starts at nine. We need a hooker who gets out, clears the ruck and gets us moving forward. Fainu could do it last year, Levi only does it when he's going solo.
You can't just shovel the ball to the half or 5/8 esp in the new game.
Api is doing this better this year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6