Warriors youngsters facing lengthy bans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
WARRINGAH Council is certain the finishing touches on the $2 million Brookvale Oval redevelopment will be completed this week for the Sea Eagles’ return to their spiritual home on Sunday, despite our pictures revealing the worksite is still in a mess.

An inspection by The Manly Daily on Monday revealed two separate sections of the Ken Arthurson Stand hoarded up with works on-going.

The Ken Arthurson Stand hoarded up. Picture: BRADEN FASTIER

and a tractor on hold behind the Jane Try Stand at Brookvale Oval.

There was also a broken window in a corporate lounge in the mid-section of the Ken Arthurson Stand. An out-of-use tractor was also spotted, seemingly in the middle of digging a hole behind the Jane Try Stand.
The Daily understands tradesmen are expected on site on Tuesday and Wednesday to clean up the ground before Sunday’s round five NRL clash with the Sharks.
Manly have yet to play a game at Brookvale Oval in the opening four rounds of the 2010 NRL season, with the renovations forcing the club on the road.
Warringah Mayor Michael Regan gave assurances the ground will be ready, despite the mess.
“It’s all ready to go,” the mayor said. “They finished it last Thursday but will be back on site tomorrow (Tuesday) and Wednesday to make sure everything is right.”
Manly CEO Graham Lowe was equally unconcerned with the state of the ground.
“I’ve got no doubt that it’s going to be right,” he said. “I’m sure there’s a lot of cleaning up to do, it’s probably a little bit like when you ask your kids to clean up the house before visitors come around,” he said.
Manly chairman Scott Penn said the club is excited to get back to their home base, but the works were vital to ensure the facilities at the ground were in touch with modern venues.
“We are very excited to get the team back home,” the Sea Eagles co-owner said.
“This is hopefully the first phase of a long-term revitalisation of the ground. It’s been a positive start and there has been good communication between the Sea Eagles and council.”
Penn said the ground could again be re-energised in the 2010 off-season, pending discussions with the council and the public.
“Ultimately, we are looking at building a stand at the back of the hill and we are looking at alternatives for the southern stand,” Penn said.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2