Warringah Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Christol74

Reserve Grader
Below is a link to the last Warringah Council annual report. Please have a look at it and do a search in the document for Broovale Oval. If you were involved in the 'community consultation' process you would be aware that basically the only person involved that was against upgrading the Oval was a councilor (who should not have been involved without disclosing who they were).

There is only one thing mentioned in the annual report about the councils findings from the community consultation -

Our analysis identified the following key themes of common
interest and/or concern for our community:

• Opposition to expenditure on Brookvale Oval

They also show how their performance measures up against KPI's and on the subject of Brookvale Oval they believe they have over achieved with the majority of residents satisfied with their management. 

Here is their appraisal, the first number is their target, the second their actual.

Key Performance Indicators
KPI Unit - Target - Actual                                                    l
Residents satisfied with walking trails and tracks
Mean score Target - 6.74  Actual - 6.65
Residents satisfied with bike paths
Mean score 5.32 4.92
Residents satisfied with management of street trees
Mean score 5.68 5.47
Residents satisfied with maintenance of beaches and rock pools
Mean score 7.25 7.48
Residents satisfied with Brookvale Oval
Mean score 5.85 5.89
Residents satisfied with sporting fields and amenities
Mean score 6.50 6.76
Residents satisfied with parks and recreation areas including
playgrounds Mean score 6.99 6.67
Residents satisfied with managing the impact of visitors to the area
Mean score 6.19 6.33

As you can see, they believe the only things that need more work are Bike Paths and Walking Trails. Despite the fact they took money from the roads budget to build bike paths and received Federal funding for walking trails. Here are the results, the first number is the target, the second number the actual.

Here are four letters that I think they should include in this years KPI's- ACCC

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301748620[/time]

Sorry, forgot the link-

http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/publications/documents/AnnualReport2010full.pdf

I'm not sure what this "community consultation" was. It can't be anything we were involved in. That must've been a diversion to keep us away from the real consultation.

I have been saying it for a while: we as fans need to run a candidate of our own in the next council elections. We just need the football club to support it, then us as members of the Football Club vote on who the candidates should be. I'd put my name up but I may not be the best choice for the job. There are others out there that have more of an influence, are better known and would have the contacts to get their name out there.

Enough is enough

Jono link said:
I have been saying it for a while: we as fans need to run a candidate of our own in the next council elections. We just need the football club to support it, then us as members of the Football Club vote on who the candidates should be. I'd put my name up but I may not be the best choice for the job. There are others out there that have more of an influence, are better known and would have the contacts to get their name out there.

Enough is enough
Vidmar would make an excellent candidate IMO.
Something has to be done. They (Warringah council) are happy to sit behind these figures and watch the demise of the ground.

Imho one policy candidates don't work. It isn't democracy as they don't have anything else to contibute on all the things the electorate wants answers on. It is better to sound out genuine contenders for their position on upgrading the oval and then with the Manly Daily run a campaign promoting where the candidates stand on the issue and then let the voters make up their minds. This can be backed up by one policy flyers across the elctorate with reasons pro the improvements. There are lots of other things that could be done but putting up a candidate could have a negative effect. Happy to hear others thoughts.

I'd be looking at the LIbs for an answer to this problem.  They hate the greens so might have a solution.  Seems to me that working through this disfunctional council is a waste of time and effort.

On radio yesterday Zorba interviewed Graham Annesley, who is the new NSW sports minister. The need to fix Brookvale Oval was raised very directly. Continung to lobby both state & federal govts should be prime focus, with the idea of forming some sort of trust hopefully removing the council from the equation to a large extent.

wombatgc link said:
[quote author=Jono link=topic=187287.msg330233#msg330233 date=1301844336]

Enough is enough
Vidmar would make an excellent candidate IMO.
Something has to be done. They (Warringah council) are happy to sit behind these figures and watch the demise of the ground.
[/quote]

I thought that SGT tried that at the last council elections. 

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
On radio yesterday Zorba interviewed Graham Annesley, who is the new NSW sports minister. The need to fix Brookvale Oval was raised very directly. Continung to lobby both state & federal govts should be prime focus, with the idea of forming some sort of trust hopefully removing the council from the equation to a large extent.

Just out of interest did Graham Annesley have anything worthwhile to say in reply to Zorba's questions ?

They still have about $3 million sitting in the bank to be spent on the next two stages of the upgrade. That doesn't include aspects of the current phase yet to be built/installed - i.e. a lift for the KA Stand and a new combined scoreboard and video screen.

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=187287.msg330240#msg330240 date=1301864900]

Just out of interest did Graham Annesley have anything worthwhile to say in reply to Zorba's questions ?
[/quote]
Of course not. Mainly just chummy congrats on the election and being appointed minister for sport. Zorba pushed the Brookie issue and Annesley managed to sound supportive without really saying anything. Obvioulsy a natural politician.

Well, that's about the only avenue for an upgrade, so sucking up the anus of Annelsey and Baird will do for now.

Duff link said:
I'm not sure what this \"community consultation\" was. It can't be anything we were involved in. That must've been a diversion to keep us away from the real consultation.

There is no doubt it was a diversion or more to the point, a stalling tactic. Here is the link to the forum for anyone that hasn't seen it. How they can come to the conclusion that the majority of residents are opposed to expenditure is beyond me.

http://yoursaywarringah.com.au/brookvaleimagine

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=manlyborn link=topic=187287.msg330258#msg330258 date=1301871665]
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=187287.msg330240#msg330240 date=1301864900]

[/quote]
Of course not. Mainly just chummy congrats on the election and being appointed minister for sport. Zorba pushed the Brookie issue and Annesley managed to sound supportive without really saying anything. Obvioulsy a natural politician.
[/quote]

He has been in the job for less then 2 days, he would be lucky to know where his office is let alone how much money he has left in his budget and where he is going to spend it.

Get him back for an interview in 2 months and then it would be fair to put the hard questions to him.

I wish they would just give us control of Brookie. Lock out the public i.e the dog poo article in the daily and make it a proper sports ground for a professional team that has been there for 64 years. We all want the Sea Eagles where they are so fix it up. Surely they make enough from parking tickets especially game day

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4