Wallace v S. Burgess shoulder "braces"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Fox just said Wallace from the Titans got hit with a Grade 1 charge and will miss a week for his shoulder charge/ brace yesterday. ( unless he fights and wins )

Fair enough too, imo, even though he will miss a SOO game.

Can anyone else explain how SBurgess got nothing for his hit on DCE ? Yes Im still burning over that one lol.

Both off the ball, both against "relaxed " players, both used the shoulder.....

Nothing can explain that to me.
But mention the words NRL and match review committee and I begin to understand the non decision.

Fox just said Wallace from the Titans got hit with a Grade 1 charge and will miss a week for his shoulder charge/ brace yesterday. ( unless he fights and wins )

Fair enough too, imo, even though he will miss a SOO game.

Can anyone else explain how SBurgess got nothing for his hit on DCE ? Yes Im still burning over that one lol.

Just saw it on the news and almost missed it.
Chez was unsighted and stationary when Burgo charged him with elbow tucked in @:mad:, whilst this victim was running into a bracing player :mad:

Sam didn't see him coming right, didn't even know Cherry was there? Yeah, sure he didn't.....

18118909_1635070093189364_8964858239420858843_n.jpg

Now, now...Burgess got a 'concerning notice' from the nrl about it! *sigh*

Here's the response I (and as it turns out everyone else who asked) received from the nrl (in part)

"Every incident is looked at individually and the circumstances considered when it comes to determining whether a charge is necessary. To ensure consistency and fairness in penalties awarded by the Match Review Committee, penalties are awarded according to a pre-determined points system. In looking at how they grade an incident of foul play, the MRC looks, among other things, at the nature and force of the contact.

The MRC examined the incident you refer to but did not believe it warranted a charge or further review.

It is worth noting that player Burgess was given a concerning act notice by the Match Review Committee for his contact with player Cherry-Evans."

#crock

So he should to be honest.

If he shows vision of the Burgess "no charge" he should be ok.

The inconsistency really shts me though.

If shoulder charges are no longer chargeable offences, the club should be asking for the charges earlier this season against our two players to be wiped

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6