Walker to 5/8 our X factor for finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
I know Walker's struggled in halves before, and I am a fan of Cust.

But to catch up to Storm/Roosters/Rabbitohs and overtake them in GF, we need Walker at 5/8. Here's why:

1. Walker is a big match player who thrives on early ball.

2. Parker is a must to return to centre. We'll need his defence in GF against Mitchell/Manu and co. I like Cust but think Parker adds more to team overall.

3. Not sold on Cust / Croker / LG for big games. Cust still a work-in-progress.

4. We have a real coach who can make Walker in halves work.

5. The emergence of Fainu gives us another ball-player in team,

6. Walker has that X Factor you need in big games.

I know most will disagree with this but backline with Walker at Six and Parker at three looks stronger.

A disagree, if you believe in Cust you let him develop.

Only tweak is for Dessie to have a word in his ear and tell him on occasion look to feed Walker early ball

But to catch up to Storm/Roosters/Rabbitohs and overtake them in GF, we need Walker at 5/8. Here's why:

2. Parker is a must to return to centre. We'll need his defence in GF against Mitchell/Manu and co. I like Cust but think Parker adds more to team overall.

I know most will disagree with this but backline with Walker at Six and Parker at three looks stronger.
I understand your reasoning and it sounds plausible. But this supposes that Walker will actually improve with a shift of positions and that he has that 'X' factor many pundits claim.
I've not seen it, unfortunately.

Is that you Trent?

Are you taking the p1ss?

Walker always looks out of sorts at 5/8, Cust is developing nicely and he and fainu are half of the spine that won four sudden death games on our Holden cup win on 2017 an you add Tommy turbo and DCE and you have a potential premiership winning spine!!

Season 2016 says hi !!!

Been there done that and it didn't work. Granted that was when Yeah Nah was in charge, so maybe Des has the magic. I can't see it happening to be honest. It does raise a good point though as to what happens when Hank is back

The only thing I saw Walker adding at 5/8th was the extra spark he adds at centre.

He isnt a natural ball player so when he felt he had no options to pass he just tried to run the ball & often went sideways, cramping his outside men.

I can see what you want but it has been tried, Walker isn't the man to do it. Have to disagree sorry ! At least you expected it

Disagree. Cust is going great guns and will get better. My main concern at the moment is the speed outside of Walker on the wing. A few times he has created space for Taufua only for Taufua to get shut down immediately. Walker would be twice the centre if had a speedstar outside of him. Taufua is solid but as we all know not a speedy finisher!

Parker misses out in my 17 as I think Suli is class above and carries the ball out of the half like an forward.

• 🏆
Reactions: Sue
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8