Waldron wants Gallop to act on Booing of Smith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Just reported on 2gb that Brian Wally Waldron wants David Gallop to act against the ANZ crowd from last night saying how dare they boo Cameron Smith

Yep, that is right. Gallop should ring each spectator individually and personally castigate each and every one of them. Was the fact that they also booed the Prime Minister (as usual) not lost on him?

What a goose!!!

What planet is Waldron from? I knew the bloke was a useless CEO, but that comment simply shows a complete lack of understanding of a Rugby League crowd.

The crowd also booed the Prime Minister, the referee & touchies during the presentation ceremony, it is just the aussie way.

LOL

what does he want them to do, round up everyone who boos at a game and kicks them out.

Waldron you are an absolute Wally, you must have gone to the Fitzgerald school of Club CEO's

Idiot, their whinging is beyond me, they are as bad as the Broncos were through the 80's and 90's

Melbourne Storm boss blasts 'disgraceful' Sydney crowd

5 minutes ago. | Dominic Brock

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/...l_Sydney_crowd

* Hear Brian Waldron's attack on Sydneysiders

Melbourne Storm chief executive Brian Waldron has launched an attack on the people of Sydney after suspended captain Cameron Smith was booed by fans at yesterday’s NRL grand final.

Smith – was banned for two weeks for a grapple tackle, ruling him out of Melbourne’s 40-0 loss to Manly yesterday – was subjected to boos from the crowd when his face was shown on ANZ Stadium’s big screen.

Waldron, who along with coach Craig Bellamy is facing legal action over comments made against the NRL judiciary after Smith was suspended, described the crowd’s actions as “a disgrace”.

“When Cameron Smith’s face came up on the screen last night, 80,000 people… 60,000 people booed him,” Waldron told SEN radio.

“I think if any insults are to be thrown, they should be thrown they should be thrown at the people of Sydney, because that was an absolute disgrace.

“To do that do a player that’s the Australian captain, whether it’s in jest, whether they’re full of drink, I don’t know what it is.

“I was disgusted in the crowd last night to do that to the Australian captain and they need to be told – I think (NRL boss) David Gallop should come out and make a statement about what a disgrace it is to treat the Australian captain like that.”

Gallop has appeared on Ray Hadley’s 2GB morning program today, but did not take Waldron up on his suggestion to berate yesterday’s grand final crowd.

What a 5 Star knob this Waldron clown is. Fair dinkum, a RL crowd would boo Santa Claus if he played for the opposition. Perhaps the Australian Captain should concentrate on earning respect, instead of just expecting it.

Chip & Chase link said:
What a 5 Star knob this Waldron clown is. Fair dinkum, a RL crowd would boo Santa Claus if he played for the opposition. Perhaps the Australian Captain should concentrate on earning respect, instead of just expecting it.

Their whinging is getting ridiculous all crowds boo, Smith made himself a bit of a villain and waldron made that worse, of course people will boo him.

And anyone else who gets on screen is likely up for a boo too!

If he wasn't the King of the Grapple and been untouchable for about three seasons, he might be greeted more respectfully. Don't shoot the messenger.

I will put my hand up and admit that I booed - and I booed at Crocker when he got slammed etc too. Should I be fined, with the other 60 thousand who joined me???

I was booing at the TV at the top of my voice and whilst I they ran out.

What a sook

Canteen Worker link said:
I will put my hand up and admit that I booed - and I booed at Crocker when he got slammed etc too. Should I be fined, with the other 60 thousand who joined me???

I bet you did not boo Kevin, probably squeeled like a teenage girl :)

Garts - every else booed Kev!!! As Corso Pete notes it is the Aussie thing to do!!  I laughed that Rudd himself said to Gallop, just before he was introduced, "You watch them boo me!!!" He just laughed.

I had no voice left by that time anyway!!  ;D ;D ;D

Garts link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=178695.msg200143#msg200143 date=1223257600]

I bet you did not boo Kevin, probably squeeled like a teenage girl :)
[/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D :D

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
whether it’s in jest, whether they’re full of drink, I don’t know what it is.

“I was disgusted in the crowd last night to do that to the Australian captain and they need to be told – I think (NRL boss) David Gallop should come out and make a statement about what a disgrace it is to treat the Australian captain like that.”

Dear Mr Waldron

As I had two small boys in my care I did not touch a drop of alcohol, believing it to be the responsible thing to do.  I understand that this makes me very un-Australian.

But let's be clear that I was stone cold sober last night - more sober than any judge in fact.

We were sitting in Bay 119, directly behind the goal posts where we scored ALL those second half tries last night - 6 in total I believe.  You may know the bay because it was the one with the drums and the bells that we used to generate the Manly chants that resounded across the Stadium in ever growing volume as the scoreline grew to monolithic proportions.

That too is beside the point.  But just so you know, in my sober state, when the visage of the disgraced EX-Australian captain, Cam Smith (who will surely be deservedly replaced by Lockyer) appeared on the big screen I was one of the first, if not THE first person to start booing because of the disgrace he has visited on our game in recent weeks.

As previously mentioned, I was in full control of my faculties (probably more so than you have been in recent weeks) and proceeded on this course of action to register my disgust at Smith's recent actions in trying to unscrew Thaiday's head from his shoulders, and the damage this tackle has done to the image of rugby league in the community - and in its future prospects with the next generation of players being taken off the Union, AFL and soccer in droves.

So if you're looking for a culprit - pick me.  I am more than willing to be your test case.  The definition of defamation is to "reduce a person's standing amongst their peers".  I defy you to take me to court to see if my booing of Cam Smith fits the definition and let the curt decide who and what is a disgrace.

Yours sincerely

Andrew Grant
Bunglegumbie Road
Dubbo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8