Vocal Crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't know what anyone else thinks but I thought that tonight at Brookie the crowd was the most vocal it's been this year. And considering there were only 8,000 odd there on a horrid winter's night, this was exceptional (and despite the needless geeing up by the ground announcer). I enjoyed being amongst it, even with the weather. Hope the vocal support continues.

I said 8000 so pretty close, shame crowds won't attend in poor conditions but if the council provided some decent .... ahh stuff it, couldn't be bothered.

Pretty hard to expect people to stand in the freezing rain and even with a reno I'd hate to see the hill go. It's a no win situation for me.

Couldn't hear you on the tele... or was that just me shouting in The Manly Room in Lismore.
****house night - I commend all of the attendees.

lismore_fan said:
Couldn't hear you on the tele... or was that just me shouting in The Manly Room in Lismore.
****house night - I commend all of the attendees.

Damn right they should be commended, it was a cold, wet and windy night not surprised to hear the crowd number being around 8 grand. As always I had to travel all the way from Burwood to Brookvale and I curse the trackwork!!!

It was better than Raiders that's for sure. However, Brisbane and Dogs games we have been louder so no that wasn't the best performance.

We have 10,000 members but we can't get 10,000 to a game.

Who are these people that feel strongly enough to buy memberships yet not enough to actually go to games?

Darren said:
I said 8000 so pretty close, shame crowds won't attend in poor conditions but if the council provided some decent .... ahh stuff it, couldn't be bothered.

Lowey said this was to be a priority mate. Give em time. If we had a stadium like Skilled, not only would league be played there, but millions of dollars worth of corporate sponsorship, plus investment in our area would finally occur.

Duff said:

Who are these people that feel strongly enough to buy memberships yet not enough to actually go to games?
Hehe a couple of thousand of them are under 9s.

You're right, those little kids need to harden up and get out there and get pneumonia.

The Gronk said:
Duff said:

You're right, those little kids need to harden up and get out there and get pneumonia.

Well I've been going in all weather since I was 5. I even started going on my own at 11 if Dad was working & none of my mates were into it. Yep, kids today are soft.

Yea, considering only 8000-odd, it was pretty vocal many times.

I moved about the place quite a bit, glad the rain eased off for much of the main game - loved being near the biggest group of Manly Supporters with flags and songs on the Hill for a while, heard a few cool-sounding chants but was hard to pick them up with lots happening.

Got in my: "HE'S BEEN DOIN' IT ALL DAY.. AAAALLL DAAAAY!" call nice and loud for the 1st penalty against our opponents early on too, sweet.

Other areas around the ground got the: "MAAAANNLY!.... MAAANNNLY!!" chants going sometimes too, loved it.

ssar said:
Other areas around the ground got the: "MAAAANNLY!.... MAAANNNLY!!" chants going sometimes too, loved it.

Speaking of the Manly chant, my Quaker parrot does the Manly chant just about every day (and even imitates the clap clap clap noise) and if it's not doing the Manly chant it's repeatedly calling out "Go Manly" :D

It's harder to be supportive when you're holding an umbrella and conscious of not blocking someone's view. The Hill was only about 20% full. I thought 8,000 was a generous figure. The game, also, was not really close. Only a few contentious decisions, and really the Cows rarely challenged. As a member who has already paid for entry I feel compelled to go, regardless of the weather - but who could blame people who stayed at the pub watching in comfort and being able to use the $25 for a few beers?

The Who said:
It's harder to be supportive when you're holding an umbrella and conscious of not blocking someone's view. The Hill was only about 20% full. I thought 8,000 was a generous figure. The game, also, was not really close. Only a few contentious decisions, and really the Cows rarely challenged. As a member who has already paid for entry I feel compelled to go, regardless of the weather - but who could blame people who stayed at the pub watching in comfort and being able to use the $25 for a few beers?

I could blame them.

The Gronk said:
Duff said:

Bloody oath they should. They are the next generation!!

Duff said:
The Who said:

I could blame them.

So could I. Stop being a bunch of pussies. We were there for the Raiders, we were there for the Cowboys. Our first dry weekend game and we will start to hear the Wagon come down Pittwater Road.

I could also blame them. I'm also going to hate on the people who stood mid-way on the hill with umbrellas, blocking about half the field from the view of those standing behind them, average effort from them especially when most were asked to move or put their umbrellas down because of the aforementioned reason.

Drove up from Canberra with the wife to go to the game and sit on the state of the art wooden benches in the southeast corner..

Phantar said:
Drove up from Canberra with the wife to go to the game and sit on the state of the art wooden benches in the southeast corner..

Yeah they've been painted black now!!

Oh and no Rolling Stones jokes

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4