Viewers: how do they work it out?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
It seems to me that the viewing figures quoted by TV networks are as rubbery as the Melbourne Storm salary cap.
I understand that there is a small number of people with devices that trace what they are watching, then these are multiplied by all those with a TV. Now that's guesswork.
But how do they work out who is watching at public venues, like pubs and clubs? I've been to venues where hundreds are watching, and others where no-one was.
Can anybody shed light on the methodology? My question is prompted by another post that claims Dogs V Illawarra would rate better than Manly V Melbourne.

Thats how I understood it also.

And thats just how the networks like it. One of the worlds greatest disappointing experiences in life is being trapped with a media salesperson. Too free yourself of it is like exiting Beaconsfield.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
They look at a small sample, then extrapolate using statistical modelling (that is, they guess.)

And at pubs and clubs? How then? Do they ask the barman to count viewers?

Maybe they send their marketing analysts to the pub a lot, to check out what's on. Tough gig.

If indeed those licensed premises stats are included they must have an averaging model that they work off. The rest of it is airy fairy so I cant see a reason they wouldnt apply it for that situation aswell.

Pay tv figures would be accurate yea. The would get the info straight from the box?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6