VIC'S ENGLISH OFFER

tookey

First Grader
Looks like Mauro will be the next forward to leave the club.

MANLY'S grand final premiership-winning forward Vic Mauro has had an offer to play in the English Super League next season.

Mauro is under contract for next season but will look at extending his career by checking out the English offer, which gives him the choice of several interested clubs.

"I am a Sea Eagles junior and wouldn't want to leave but if I can secure a few seasons in England I would look at the offer," Mauro said.

Yeah - fair enough. He's a bit of a toiler. Make the most of it Vic. Thanks for the GF mate.

Phantar said:
Maybe he has the same manager as Brett Stewart?

Much like Oldfield going to The Roosters, I don't think this disrupts the club too much, BUT, you could almost make a full team since last years GF ! Actually, I'll make it 18 months LoL:

01. Will Hopoate
02. Michael Robertson
03. Dean Whare
05. Michael Oldfield
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. JWH
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Tony Williams
12. Shane Rodney
13. Daniel Harrison

15. Lama Tasi

Am I missing anyone?

We still have Stewart, Ballin, Wolfman to consider.

WAMF said:
You're harsh Ryan. The kid is a local jr and doesn't put a foot wrong.

Nope, he's ok. He's a toiler (hard worker). How is that a criticism?
Wow, re-read it mate. I just don't think his departure will leave a massive hole in our team.

Also, he's not going to a competitor. I say rip the poms off as much pounds as they can get. It's also the reason their International side is ****. Seriously, it's why the "exiles" team flogged them.

I want him to stay. Solid player, a local junior and (winning) GF experience. We can't really afford to lose too many of them so quickly.

Ryan said:
Phantar said:

Much like Oldfield going to The Roosters, I don't think this disrupts the club too much, BUT, you could almost make a full team since last years GF ! Actually, I'll make it 18 months LoL:

01. Will Hopoate
02. Michael Robertson
03. Dean Whare
05. Michael Oldfield
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. JWH
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Tony Williams
12. Shane Rodney
13. Daniel Harrison

15. Lama Tasi

Am I missing anyone?

i'd like to see a team made up of players who've left sine we won 40-0, i think that would be a handy team(not forgetting a coach & support staff)

It would sad to lose Vic. Every club needs these guys.
He's no superstar but he always does his job, rarely gets injured and being a local he's been around the place forever.

I am a little concerned about how many locals are leaving. Culture seems to be a buzzword at the moment and these guys are where it comes from. It's nice to have guys in the team that you know were on the hill supporting the team before they were playing in it. There has to be a bit of a psychological advantage to it.

Ryan said:
Phantar said:

01. Will Hopoate
02. Michael Robertson
03. Dean Whare
05. Michael Oldfield
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. JWH
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Tony Williams
12. Shane Rodney
13. Daniel Harrison

15. Lama Tasi

Am I missing anyone?

Seu Seu hooker

At a guess he'll be heading to Hull FC.

Sam Moa (oddly from Tonga) is heading back to Aus.
They'll just make him declare to play for Italy so it doesn't take a spot on there international quota

Ryan said:
Phantar said:

01. Will Hopoate
02. Michael Robertson
03. Dean Whare
05. Michael Oldfield
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. JWH
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Tony Williams
12. Shane Rodney
13. Daniel Harrison

15. Lama Tasi

Am I missing anyone?

Well you can remove Ballin from that list. Hes staying till 2015 :)

Duff said:
He's no superstar but he always does his job, rarely gets injured and being a local he's been around the place forever.

I am a little concerned about how many locals are leaving. Culture seems to be a buzzword at the moment and these guys are where it comes from. It's nice to have guys in the team that you know were on the hill supporting the team before they were playing in it. There has to be a bit of a psychological advantage to it.

you all say these players wont be missed but depth has kept manly in the hunt this year and some of these players have been moved on to help the money problem, so please lets not pull these fringe players apart because they will be missed

Good luck to Vic. Grab the money when you can, mate. Gain experience and then come back a better player.

Since 2008

1) Hopoate
2) Robertson
3) Bell
4) Whare
5) Oldfield
6) Hodkinson
7) Orford (C)
8) JWH
9) Robson
10) Perry
11) Menzies
12) T-Rex
13) Rodney

14) Bryant
15) Hall
16) Lussick
17) L'Estrange

18) Tasi
19) Bani
20) Afamasaga
21) Harrison
22) Williamson
23) Seu Seu
24) Cross
25) Cuthbertson

99) CHRIS BAILEY

sami12 said:
Duff said:

you all say these players wont be missed but depth has kept manly in the hunt this year and some of these players have been moved on to help the money problem, so please lets not pull these fringe players apart because they will be missed

Umm, what?
I can't find where i said that and it would be strange that i would say that as i agree with you.

I think i said pretty much the opposite in fact.

Have another read and see how you go.

Wouldn't lose any sleep over this

Another Rodney but without the talent

Although,he is very solid just not top 17 material

Losing alot of players with at least some experience we are this year, we are going to have to replace them in the top 25 squad and you don't won't too many rookies at once and having local juniors playing for Manly is a great thing i think.

Also it's more expensive to sign players from other clubs generally than keeping your own as your own players are more likely to take less to stay at Manly than trying to convince someone to come to us

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2