Very hard road ahead

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
The Titans team for this weekend looks a strong side. They're getting cattle back and play us with nothing to lose. Then Parra at home with Hayne on fire. Penrith we should beat before we finish up with the Cows. Losing Matai and Taufua playing injured only serves to make it even tougher.

I'll just be happy to make the Top 4 after that hiding. We love finals footy. I'd like another couple of props in form tbh. Our forwards were made to look pretty ordinary against the Rabbits. I don't really see how we improve on that. Stewart won't be back anytime soon and even if had does get back, he's off next year, so where will his heart be? Snake looks like he's gone. Probably a few more too. Our bench is a joke. Seriously, this is a real worry.

Up the Beagles said:
I'll just be happy to make the Top 4 after that hiding. We love finals footy. I'd like another couple of props in form tbh. Our forwards were made to look pretty ordinary against the Rabbits. I don't really see how we improve on that. Stewart won't be back anytime soon and even if had does get back, he's off next year, so where will his heart be? Snake looks like he's gone. Probably a few more too. Our bench is a joke. Seriously, this is a real worry.

Mate. your pessimism is killing me, Souths were red hot and we were off, simple as that.

A loss is a loss. Perhaps it's the one we needed.

Poor Dessie. Those dog-gones are really gooonne. Gotta love that!
Tiny Tots won't be walk-up win next week with a new coach but it should make for an enjoyable afternoon. I love winning in Queensland!

Up the Beagles said:

Snake looks like he's gone? You mean despite 2 of the best try saving tackles you will ever see?

I call it a wake up call. A good reminder to not be complacent and realize we have to earn the title. It wont be given to us on a platter. And even though we didn't play great, we were still 12-4 down (so well and truly in the game) with 10-15 to play. And I thought Souths played as well as they can.

lismore_fan said:
A loss is a loss. Perhaps it's the one we needed.

Poor Dessie. Those dog-gones are really gooonne. Gotta love that!

But he wanted a CHALLENGE :p

But the Spring Real Estate Sales Season will start in September, so no real worries for SoS :sleepy:

Wow what a negative creep.

Manly will win at least two of the last 3, if not all 3. The Cowboys match is a lottery.

You are kidding if you find that draw hard. You want Souths draw perhaps?

Lets see:

Broncos (desperate for top 8 spot)
Cowboys (certain finalists just won 64-6 over tigers. Hmm maybe the easiest?)
Bulldogs (desperate for top 8 spot)
Roosters (they'll kill each other)

On the other hand Manly:

Gold Coast (gone, no coach, no top 8, win)
Parra (away from home this is a tough one - each way)
Penrith (we at fortress and they have lots of injuries - win)
Cowboys (likely loss but possies in place by then).

Sorry, don't see your concern.

NYEagle

NYEagle said:
Wow what a negative creep.

Manly will win at least two of the last 3, if not all 3. The Cowboys match is a lottery.

You are kidding if you find that draw hard. You want Souths draw perhaps?

Lets see:

Broncos (desperate for top 8 spot)
Cowboys (certain finalists just won 64-6 over tigers. Hmm maybe the easiest?)
Bulldogs (desperate for top 8 spot)
Roosters (they'll kill each other)

On the other hand Manly:

Gold Coast (gone, no coach, no top 8, win)
Parra (away from home this is a tough one - each way)
Penrith (we at fortress and they have lots of injuries - win)
Cowboys (likely loss but possies in place by then).

Sorry, don't see your concern.

NYEagle

Well hmphhh!

ISn't tomorrow night Carty's last game in charge? I can see the Titans throwing a lot of emotion into that game & having stuff all left in the tank next Sunday.

If we can't make short work of those teams then we are kidding ourselves at winning this. I expect the next 3 wins and then a nothing game with players rested in the final round against the girls because the vermin won't win all of their next 4.

No team will be easy these last few rounds, the Knights showed us that last night!!

And I agree with Mick , the Rabbids have a hard road as well.

I think we will win most of these games. But:
AGAINST:
1. We have a high rate of drop ball, and failure to complete sets
2. We give away too many cheap penalties, when the opposition are coming out of their own half, its just as well we have comp leaading defence !
3. At times our attack near opposition line, seems to run out of options, we are about 12 tries behind the Bunnies, who are SUPPOSED TO BE PREDICTABLE
4. Our Front rowers are patchy just sometimes - lets hope they dont do that in the semis; Horo should get his head out of the way as well

FOR:
1. We have the best backline, by a country mile. Snake, Foz, Turtle, Killer, Peta, Skivvy. At the moment our left wing is a little off, but should come good
2. We have a great coach who has maroon blood
3. We have highly competent Backrowers, who can be spot on
4. We have success culture and plenty of GF experience
5. We have enough speed, just, and the smarts to win the comp

Already sick of the media hype directed towards souths- only been 2 days since they beat us. Yes they played good but we were no where near our best at all.

Everyone is now writting us off please continue to at your peril.

That loss on Friday night, the motivation of last years GF Loss and gift leaving is all the motivation we need I think and will take us deep into the finals this year.

Let's enjoy the ride people - you can smell September just around the corner!! This is the time of year we are seasoned veterans at.

Already sick of the media hype directed towards souths- only been 2 days since they beat us. Yes they played good but we were no where near our best at all.

Everyone is now writting us off please continue to at your peril.

That loss on Friday night, the motivation of last years GF Loss and gift leaving is all the motivation we need I think and will take us deep into the finals this year.

Let's enjoy the ride people - you can smell September just around the corner!! This is the time of year we are season veterans at.

Just watching a video of the Starling "crusher" tackle which occurred with 15 minutes to go. We were down 2 tries to 1 at this stage. Remembering that one of those tries for them was an arsey intercept.
We were in it right up until the last few minutes. Not bad considering we had an off night.

The road ahead is easier than most based on who Manly play but keep in mind, any team can win any game based on the attitude on the day.

maxta said:
The road ahead is easier than most based on who Manly play but keep in mind, any team can win any game based on the attitude on the day.
And the attitude of the refs, vidiots.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6