Val Holmes .... Myth ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Talk of Valentine Holmes becoming a million dollar player ..... and preferred by Cowboys over Mitchell .....

I rate Holmes as a good player ... maybe even a very good player ..... but in my opinion he is not a superstar ...... on his day, Mitchell would make him his bitch .... problem is how many good days will Mitchell give you ......

As far as I am concerned there are only 2 full backs in the comp worth a mil ... Turbo and Tedesco .... possibly whatshisname from Newcastle he he became more consistent ... but he's playing 5/8 anyway .....

I don't see this ending well ...

He is a better winger than fullback but wants a fullback salary

Another delusional ****wit who thought he could make it in the NFL over millions of other american kids who have played the game since they could walk

He played NFL as well as Manfred Moore played NRL

Valentine Holmes
13 Tests for Australia 17 tries
5 SOO for QLD 8 tries
105 games for Sharks 66 tries and a premiership.
Some myth.

I’m responding to the myth part in the thread title and your statement that he is a good player... MAYBE even a very good player. He most certainly is a very good player... a very very good player.

Talk of Valentine Holmes becoming a million dollar player ..... and preferred by Cowboys over Mitchell .....

I rate Holmes as a good player ... maybe even a very good player ..... but in my opinion he is not a superstar ...... on his day, Mitchell would make him his bitch .... problem is how many good days will Mitchell give you ......

As far as I am concerned there are only 2 full backs in the comp worth a mil ... Turbo and Tedesco .... possibly whatshisname from Newcastle he he became more consistent ... but he's playing 5/8 anyway .....

See above...

2018 state of origin, 1st try scorer every game....kinda says it all.

Great player at the highest level and consistent performer, stands to see how he manages coming back from NFL but I would have him

I’m responding to the myth part in the thread title and your statement that he is a good player... MAYBE even a very good player. He most certainly is a very good player... a very very good player.

Yes ... we have conceded that he is a good player .... but is he a million dollar a year fullback ??

That is the Myth V Value part of the question .... my belief is that he is not ....

2018 state of origin, 1st try scorer every game....kinda says it all.

Great player at the highest level and consistent performer, stands to see how he manages coming back from NFL but I would have him

So would I .... but not for a mil ... and not at fullback ......

Yes ... we have conceded that he is a good player .... but is he a million dollar a year fullback ??

That is the Myth V Value part of the question .... my belief is that he is not ....
Time will tell... Definitely has the ability and skills to make a real go of it. I would have rated him amongst the top ten backline players in the game before he went to the US. Unbelievable footwork, speed, instinct... huge success at every level of the sport.

He is a better winger than fullback but wants a fullback salary

Another delusional ****wit who thought he could make it in the NFL over millions of other american kids who have played the game since they could walk

He played NFL as well as Manfred Moore played NRL

At least he had a go. I think it’s takes a lot of balls to walk away from what you know and you know what works into a whole new ball game.
Its extremely hard for an Aussie to go over there and try crack the NFL.
Even though it didn’t work out, gotta take your hat off for his ambition.
But yes better winger than fullback

I have NFI about the NFL ins & outs,
but in the NRL he’s a great winger and finisher.

I agree it takes courage to leave and have a crack at an overseas sport you’ve never played. But it was a contentious decision to pay him fullback money before he went overseas..
He’s younger than Hayne was when he returned, but it may take half a season to find his feet again. Good luck to him (except against Manly and NSW)

Anyone think that with the failed Hayne / Holmes experiment in NFL that this might be the last one we see try their hand ??

PS: I’m not talking about AFL punters rather top line NRL stars leaving a big deal to try out.

I wonder why they don't head north and give the CFL a go? Could be a stepping stone back into the big show if they're good enough. That's what others do.

Anyway, unless you're a punter or a behemoth, then there's little chance of success to go over to the nfl successfully. They're up against guys who are fanatical about it since school. (I reckon).

Dunno if he's worth 1 mill a season. It'd be risky to throw that at him first year back. Who'd be that crazy? (cough) Toronto (cough).

Amazing highlights

Devastating runner in the open and is defensively sound

Exceptional Winger with a formidable strike rate converting opportunities into tries

From what I have seen of him, his best position is on the wing and his former Sharks coach Flanagan experimented with him at fullback but switched him back to the wing where he was much more prominent .

He turns 25 next season and everything is possible for an athlete who has so much speed and skill but until Holmes consistently performs at the highest level at fullback as his does on the wing he is not a million dollar value player as yet .

The cowboys would be taking a gamble offering Holmes one million dollars a year contract because they believe in him but we all know what can happen when we start to believe

One more thing ......
It takes a lot of courage to sacrifice and follow your dream and I respect and admire Holmes decision to try his luck in the great US of A.

index.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7