Unhappy Gift

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Just read on the zero tackle site gift has been in talks with parra over the last couple of months......... only for parra to baulk at $650000 a season asking price, on recent form who wouldnt......... but why would he be in talks with parra with a season still to go on his current contract.... could this have his mind in other places, while trying to perform for us.... is he unhappy at brookie now, seems odd.

I think it's an old story. I think Parra were chasing Gifty but not now.

probably wouldn't want him at the prices being quoted. If he goes, he goes, frees up our tight salary cap.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-and-the-telegraph-want-us-to-pay-for-their-quality-journalism

Maybe the reason you read it in that forum

it's called a manager c eagle. you don't think every manager isn't out there testing the market at every given opportunity? players don't need to know about it either, they are out there doing their job, then coming back to their client with the deals on offer. you'd be a goose to think it isn't happening with 90% of players out there.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
it's called a manager c eagle. you don't think every manager isn't out there testing the market at every given opportunity? players don't need to know about it either, they are out there doing their job, then coming back to their client with the deals on offer. you'd be a goose to think it isn't happening with 90% of players out there.

Gift was my favourite Sea Eagle a few years ago, but jeez he has had a poor 1 and a half seasons. Call me fickle, sure and I know he's had his injuries.

I'd consider cashing in on him if an offer came in, but unless Brett is attached to the deal, I can't see Gift going anywhere, or visa-versa.

Gifty now has a family and should maximise his income for them.

Snake, being single, has the luxury of conditioning his contract on his Brother's, but Gifty would listen to his better half IMO.

If he goes, he goes with the gratitude and affection of every Manly Fan :angel:

I've read that his deal at Manly is heavily back-ended, to the piont that he will easily be the highest paid player at the club next year. I'm not sure of numbers but I imagine it would take a massive offer to compete with it, hence the $650,000 asking price. That's assuming, of course, it's all true. I read it on the Telegraph website so I'm sure it's legit :p

bennyeagle said:
We have to part with them eventually, that time I believe is sooner rather then later.

Dont mention the War. You'll get pummelled. See this thread, and the reaction to it. Commenced 14th May: http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-The-End-of-the-Stewart-Bros-Era

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2