Uate....what is going on?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting the reaction of people to Uate’s form.As I said last year after he had a good game and everyone was bagging the Knights for having him in reserve grade,his true value will be revealed in 2018 when Manly are paying his full contract and the motivation to prove Newcastle wrong is on the wane

Two changes that wont happen now but I think will occur soon. Anderson for Uate, Hastings or Tom Wright for Croker. When Walker comes back I suspect another option is Parker for the wing, though I would prefer someone faster...perhaps Kelly on the wing, Parker at centre. But I like Anderson and feel he needs to be in the side soon. Also noted from Smokin' Joe that Tom Wright is doing a lot of the kicking, which a good 5/8 needs to have.

Anderson plays a lot of full back as does Tom Wright and both are great under the high ball. These two need to be in the side at some stage. I also still think Parker would make a great lock or relief back/forward on the bench.

Hopefully it’s just a case of missing his buddy walker.. the whole team say walkers the energiser bunny that rallies the boys together at training etc
Uate probably feeds off that, they’re as close off the field as they are on it. I wouldn’t ‘drop’ his confidence before Dylan makes his comeback as that would cause too much shuffling.
It does cross my mind that Uate might have a habit of getting comfy and enjoying the ride too much once he feels a sense of belonging like he did in Newcastle once he felt the rep scene hade made him a locked in 1st grader. But he’s so humble in nature I’m sure he’s grateful and just missing Walker

Hopefully it’s just a case of missing his buddy walker.. the whole team say walkers the energiser bunny that rallies the boys together at training etc
Uate probably feeds off that, they’re as close off the field as they are on it. I wouldn’t ‘drop’ his confidence before Dylan makes his comeback as that would cause too much shuffling.
It does cross my mind that Uate might have a habit of getting comfy and enjoying the ride too much once he feels a sense of belonging like he did in Newcastle once he felt the rep scene hade made him a locked in 1st grader. But he’s so humble in nature I’m sure he’s grateful and just missing Walker
That's a really good point. A lot of the big moments in the close games last year came off the back of Walker. Our right side has suffered both defensively and in attack big time with him on being on the sideline.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
The Faders have two of the best wingers in the comp. Without Jorge, and given Uate's current form, we have two of the weakest.
It's not hard to predict where Canberra will attack. There will be sweeping backline movements and a plan to minimise forward play.

The Faders have two of the best wingers in the comp. Without Jorge, and given Uate's current form, we have two of the weakest.
It's not hard to predict where Canberra will attack. There will be sweeping backline movements and a plan to minimise forward play.
That makes sense to use there strengths to attack Manlys weakness, but I reckon they will attempt to use Boyd, Paula and the big boppers through the middle first, after watching Souths dominate so easily up front last week.
As for Uate....please have faith in your inside men and stop coming in, giving your opposition winger a saloon passage to the try line...

Should never have been signed. The reason he was in second grade at the Knights wasn't just his onfield performance.

Another master stroke.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6