• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nothing much and so what? I'd like to see them be the third game on game day. Much prefer to watch reserve grade (NSW Cup side) than a game of touch.

For most sides (with a few exceptions notably the Warriors) they will go through cycles.
2009 probably our best chance to win it but unfortnatly injuries in the top grade
2010 player's from the 2009 team started to get into the Qld Cup team

From my understanding the 2011 team is basically at the same place as where the 2009 team was in 2008 because of the age thing(one of the younger U20s sides in the comp).

Graham Lowe has been doing some work on a tv show over here and that question was put to him

He said we simply don't have the money to spend on the 20s to pay guys what they are worth with our resources going towards the NRL squad

There was an article on 1 of our under 20 guys in RLW as well, was a good player and was keen to stay but we couldn't offer enough to make it worthwhile so he went back to the Qld Cup instead

Kiwi Eagle said:
Graham Lowe has been doing some work on a tv show over here and that question was put to him

He said we simply don't have the money to spend on the 20s to pay guys what they are worth with our resources going towards the NRL squad

There was an article on 1 of our under 20 guys in RLW as well, was a good player and was keen to stay but we couldn't offer enough to make it worthwhile so he went back to the Qld Cup instead

That's worrying.

tbh im actually surprised people are that fussed about the position of the toyota cup team. i usually keep my eyes on the very few players i think can make the step up and check the individual performances instead

Its nice if they do well but if they don't I could not care. Just need to have a few players each year in the side who are good chance of stepping up to NRL.

eagles2win said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

That's worrying.

also a lack of accommodation / home stays for Country and Qld boys to stay.

They beat the slime yesterday so nothing wrong with our under 20's side. NSw cup also beat Newtown as well so a good day all round

Yesterday was a good day Tookey but overall both teams have been poor this year. We are bottom of the NSW cup and are 15th in Toyota Cup so both teams are having very poor season's, as long as they both don't consistently have these performances year after year and players are developing for 1st grade it's not a major issue in a single year. The finance issue's mentioned above sound more alarming to me

Results in lower grades don't mean squat. All they should be doing is getting players ready for first grade. Sure they could win but IMO its not whats important. Whats the point in winning the 20s, if not one player turns into a 200 game first grader for you?

Masked Eagle said:
Results in lower grades don't mean squat. All they should be doing is getting players ready for first grade. Sure they could win but IMO its not whats important. Whats the point in winning the 20s, if not one player turns into a 200 game first grader for you?

I disagree. Look at all of the players from our minor premiership wining under 20's team now in first grade. Evidence that a strong under 20's team ever few years is vital to refresh the playing roster in FG.

tookey said:
Masked Eagle said:

I disagree. Look at all of the players from our minor premiership wining under 20's team now in first grade. Evidence that a strong under 20's team ever few years is vital to refresh the playing roster in FG.

We had a good harvest now we are growing new ones, they won't be ready to pick every year ffs

tookey said:
Masked Eagle said:

For the majority of them, I would say that the year that they have spent playing in the QLD Cup has been more of a benefit than the 20s comp, harder footy and proper footy, the 20s resemble touch at times. DCE, Buhrer and Lussick are the main ones I refer to there

I remember watching DCE in the 20s, and not thinking he would be up to NRL standard, but he has really come on after that full year last season

tookey said:
Masked Eagle said:

We're going to need players to eventually fill in positions. The likes of Jamie Lyon and who ever aren't going to be around forever.
Every top footy judge can see that the Warriors will win a premiership in the not to distant future due to the success of the U20s and the Vulcans now.

A side that surprises me is the Bulldogs win or come second the SG Ball, Harold Matts and now the Australian Championship in those age groups, leading the NSW Cup and still feel the need to go out and buy players for the top grade squad. If I was Crusher guess which teams I would be targeting to make us look a lot healthier

tookey said:
Masked Eagle said:

Clubs like Parramatta, Penrith and Canberra have been dominating the junior grades for decades and how has that worked out for them? I didn't say winning is bad, but your doing the wrong thing if thats your focus. Player development is more important and should be the primary goal even if it costs you wins. No point picking players just to win 20s and reserve grade if you don't believe they have first grade potential.

Masked Eagle said:
tookey said:
Masked Eagle said:

Clubs like Parramatta, Penrith and Canberra have been dominating the junior grades for decades and how has that worked out for them? I didn't say winning is bad, but your doing the wrong thing if thats your focus. Player development is more important and should be the primary goal even if it costs you wins. No point picking players just to win 20s and reserve grade if you don't believe they have first grade potential.

Yes and No, my god this is going to make me sound like Lotti but anyway look at the Storm having players that are use to a system and they then lose most of there first grade squad last season and guys like Gareth Widdop, Kevin Proctor etc walk straight into the first grade squad and the first grade squad doesn't miss a beat.

We need to develop our juniors to the same thing. Sure at the moment we have members of the 2009 Minor Premiership in our first grade squad what about 2-3 years down the track which is worrying.

to be fair what you have to keep in mind is that the storm where rorting the cap the whole way through their entire system jnr's as well, they've been buying up the pick the the australian jnr sides for years & given the quality of jnrs they've been putting into there system it's not surprising guys can move up and fill positions so easily.

Jesus said:
to be fair what you have to keep in mind is that the storm where rorting the cap the whole way through their entire system jnr's as well, they've been buying up the pick the the australian jnr sides for years & given the quality of jnrs they've been putting into there system it's not surprising guys can move up and fill positions so easily.

no cap in the juniors mate so it's open slather. 20's have a cap.

Got to remember the year prior to winning the 20's the Storm got to the either a SG Ball or Harold Matt's final (players played in that game) 70 % of that team were Victorian.

*Apologies for the Lotti like post

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6