Two Sea Eagles in hunt for Dally M rookie of the year honours.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
One of the hallmarks of this seasons campaign so far for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles has been the introduction of so many new faces into the NRL line up. Des Hasler has like never before thrown the baton to a new generation of stars, and now two of the young dinamos for the high flying Eagles are in the frame for Dally M rookie of the year honours.

Read the full article

Rusty said:
One of the hallmarks of this seasons campaign so far for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles has been the introduction of so many new faces into the NRL line up. Des Hasler has like never before thrown the baton to a new generation of stars, and now two of the young dinamos for the high flying Eagles are in the frame for Dally M rookie of the year honours.

Read the full article

Pretty sure it's spelt Dynamo. He is from the Telegraph though!

Yeah he kinda started pretty slowly though. The rest just sort of burst onto the scene.

Hoppa for mine.

The hamstring injury has hurt his chances but the guy made origin & IIRC holds a few MWSE records already.

He is a level above Sims & DCE in terms of talent.

Fonz said:
Rusty said:

Read the full article

That is my mistake, needed to give the article a Manly lead in. Typed that at 2 in the morning. Doh.

Central Coast Eagle said:
Sims will win it.

Hopefully dce doesn't win it, it seems like a curse for halves that win it.

This is the most likely outcome.

As disappointing it would be for DCE/Hoppa it may not be the worst thing that could happen. DCE playing with a mean streak & a chip on his shoulder could be dangerous for the opposition.

Rusty said:
Fonz said:
Rusty said:
Read the full article

That is my mistake, needed to give the article a Manly lead in. Typed that at 2 in the morning. Doh.

Damn. I love opportunities to hang **** on the Tele!
Sims will win it.
Hopefully dce doesn't win it, it seems like a curse for halves that win it.

Everyone Says that. But it's untrue. Tim Smith is the only one who has fallen short. Maybe you are confused with second year syndrome?

sandow won it a couple of years back and he is no way as good as DCE. DCEs main problem is the team he plays for, same way Dessie would have won coach of the year had he been coaching a different team.

In the past 20 years the halves that won the rookie of the year are: sandow, smith, anasta, lavea, mclinden and rodwell.

With the exception of anasta I would say that none of them have gone on to have long and distinguished careers in first grade.

Furthermore three of the past seven are no longer playing in the nrl.

I thinly that winning the award adds unnecessary pressure to young players.

Sims = Media Darling.
Media = News Ltd.
News Ltd. = Anti Manly

Susan is right on this one, Sims will win, unless Hoppa signs with a news Ltd. team, whereupon he will win.

In the past 20 years the halves that won the rookie of the year are: sandow, smith, anasta, lavea, mclinden and rodwell.

With the exception of anasta I would say that none of them have gone on to have long and distinguished careers in first grade.

Furthermore three of the past seven are no longer playing in the nrl.

I thinly that winning the award adds unnecessary pressure to young players.

Sandow just signed a million dollar contract.

Smith had a good rookie year and is now ****.

Anasta Origins, Tests, need i say more?

Lavea didn't go too far in league although played Super rugby afterwards.

Mclinden played 165 games for the raiders, 72 for the Harlequins, 1 country origin, junior kangaroos, and 3 super rugby games for the reds.

Rodwell played 188 first grade games.

So which of these players, apart from Smith, has flopped?

^

I would say that getting Rookie of the year and then not playing Rep football, or much of it would have to be considered a failure.

So in my opinion the standouts are Anasta and Sandow, smith, lavea, mclinden, rodwell are all flops - for somone who was labeled as best new player for that year that is.

Yeah but you're only being rated against a few other rookies not the rest of the comp mate. So why should it be an indication of potential rep status? If you're rookie of the year it either means you're really good or there was just no one better.

Sims will get it

Hopoate and DCE have to play with a thousand superstars to beat to it,he gets atleast 2 points a weak because he only has 1 superstar to deal with

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6