Two Games to Go!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Our Manly

SHANE Rodney’s first child was due to be born on grand final day.

Shane Rodney with his wife Jacquie and baby Nash.

So there was relief all round when the baby came early leaving daddy free to play for the Sea Eagles on the big day.
“I was having nightmares about watching the grand final from the delivery suite,” mum Jacquie said. “But he (the baby) came early so we can go to the grand final. I think he wanted to watch daddy play.”
Rodney, a second-rower with the Sea Eagles, was there at his son’s birth at Hawkesbury Hospital early Monday morning and even cut the umbilical cord.
He was named Nash because both Rodney, 28, and his 28-year-old wife liked it as it was so unusual. It is the first child for the couple and despite being born 3 1/2 weeks early, little Nash was healthy and “perfect,” Jacquie said.
The birth was a relatively easy four-hour labour and Jacquie said Rodney had also taken to fatherhood quickly.
“He loves it, he’s a natural,” she said. “Nash is not much bigger than a football, I think that’s why he’s (Rodney) so good at holding him. I’ll be concerned though if he starts passing him.”
Rodney will have plenty of time to spend with his son as Manly has a free weekend, but he will probably play in the grand final qualifier on September 23.
Rodney is also hopeful of playing this year’s grand final before departing Manly to start a three-year deal with English Super League club, the Harlequins.
In preparation for his son’s birth, the family moved back to their home town of Schofields six months ago and will remain there until they move to London in December.
Jacquie and baby Nash were expected to be discharged from hospital tomorrow.
ALL HIS STATS
NAME: Nash Mark Rodney
BORN: At 4.50am, September 12
WEIGHT: Five pound five ounces (2.4kg)
bfLENGTH:nf 48 cm
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/baby-nash-delivers-on-time-for-daddy/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4