Turbos open to taking less money to stay at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well done boys. These brothers are Manly and represent everything Manly. :clap:
If it means moving heaven and earth to keep them together I'm sure the club will.
Only roadblock is the Turdburgler. He'll probably not approve what Manly offer them and come up with some crappy excuse to state they are worth more to put pressure on the club....:finger:

I wonder why intelligent players, such as the Turbo brothers, need a manager, who is obviously the one planting these furphies about other clubs 'circling'. All the manager is doing is feathering his own bank account and creating unnecessary anxiety in the brothers and the club.
Surely someone the brothers could trust, such as their father, would be a better manager. He'd be looking after the best interests of his sons, not himself.
Paying 10% or more of your earnings to a so-called 'manager' may be sensible for those players who are naive or unworldly. But the Turbos are neither.
Very rarely does a relationship with a manager end well for a professional sportsperson or an entertainer. When a manager's business model relies solely on revenue what can you expect?
The "I love him like a son" rings hollow most times. "I love him like an ATM" is far more accurate.

Paying 10% or more of your earnings to a so-called 'manager' may be sensible for those players who are naive or unworldly. But the Turbos are neither.
It's not 10% but regardless, the Players Association should be doing something about this, such as providing enough information to players who want to do their own deals with existing clubs.
As for Turbos - ideally they would not come off contract in the same year, but with these two I doubt it will make much difference.
For their ages they may have achieved more so far than the Stewarts (though maybe not in finals games) but they are both in the top 10 players in the game right now, surely.

It makes sense for them to accept as little as they are willing to. The less of our cap they take up, the more premierships they will be able to win.

This is probably a good summary of the hard discussions that are going on. They deserve to get as much coin as possible, but they’ll need to accept less if they want to be surrounded by he players (including their bro) they need if they want to win comps.

It's not that complex. I'm currently renting a house that is worth more to me than to anyone else because of its proximity to my family members. Landlords currently considering their position. Everyone will pay more (or accept less, as the case may be) for the situation they prefer. Turbos prefer Manly...

They are smart guys. They will stay. It's home and they are the main attraction. Gutho had to go to make his mark.

They will be up there with the Manly greats when they move away from playing.

Get it done in the next 4 months. But who is running the joint right now?

The club better not do a parra and low ball them.

The reality is we are looking at around the $1.8M mark a season to keep them.

The irony of them taking less to stay is that they are really worth more to us than anyone else.

Also have the dogs not learnt that poaching Manly people doesn't buy our culture.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6