Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

‘Sliding Doors’: How Tom Trbojevic was almost lost to the AFL​

Tom Trbojevic is the unbackable favourite for the Dally M medal, but those who spent time with him at the Sydney Swans Academy reckon he could well have been a Brownlow contender had he stuck with AFL.
Trbojevic juggled AFL and rugby league in his teens, before turning his full attention to the latter. However, he was a standout in Australian Rules, spending time in the Swans Academy from the age of 14 until just before he turned 17.
His stint with the Swans coincided with that of Isaac Heeney, another outstanding prospect who was equally adept at league. Heeney stuck with Australian Rules, going onto became a mainstay for the Swans during a career that has netted 111 appearances to date, while Trbojevic has made almost the identical number of appearances (112) for his beloved Sea Eagles.
“It’s Sliding Doors, isn’t it? You could see Isaac Heeney running around in a Manly jumper and Tom Trbojevic running around in a Swans jumper,” said the head of the Swans Academy, Chris Smith.

Full story:

^^ It's 2016 all over again!

Interesting read but isn't this story years old?

Go Tommy!

Key points:
  1. After bouncing back from a bad run with injuries, Tom Trbojevic is one of the main contenders for the 2021 Dally M Medal
  2. Former AFL doctor Nathan Gibbs has found the right recipe to keep Trbojevic on the park
  3. Dr Gibbs praised the 24-year-old for his "mental ability to get back up off the floor"

‘Sliding Doors’: How Tom Trbojevic was almost lost to the AFL​

Tom Trbojevic is the unbackable favourite for the Dally M medal, but those who spent time with him at the Sydney Swans Academy reckon he could well have been a Brownlow contender had he stuck with AFL.
Trbojevic juggled AFL and rugby league in his teens, before turning his full attention to the latter. However, he was a standout in Australian Rules, spending time in the Swans Academy from the age of 14 until just before he turned 17.
His stint with the Swans coincided with that of Isaac Heeney, another outstanding prospect who was equally adept at league. Heeney stuck with Australian Rules, going onto became a mainstay for the Swans during a career that has netted 111 appearances to date, while Trbojevic has made almost the identical number of appearances (112) for his beloved Sea Eagles.
“It’s Sliding Doors, isn’t it? You could see Isaac Heeney running around in a Manly jumper and Tom Trbojevic running around in a Swans jumper,” said the head of the Swans Academy, Chris Smith.

Full story:
Is it just me or are other people amazed that the head of the Cygnets’ cross-country basketball academy, based in the middle of Sydney, does not know the difference between rugby and rugby league?

Thankfully, this didn't happen ...

Swan.jpg

Is it just me or are other people amazed that the head of the Cygnets’ cross-country basketball academy, based in the middle of Sydney, does not know the difference between rugby and rugby league?
It's an aussie rules thing. They don't have a clue like most victorians.

You could see his intent from that first kick return last night. He came back at full throttle and almost busted straight through and I thought ‘well he’s on tonight”.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4