Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1629001389862.png

Foxtel have just said its a hairline fracture and will probably miss the rest of the season.
Definitely the last 3 games.

Did Sivo get suspended?

Fox just said he may have a hairline fracture of the cheekbone and could be out for a while.

Hope that is a massive overstatement.

Smoke screen. I bet Ricky Stuart isn't buying it.
Might be more of a smokescreen leading into the finals. Also potentially a way for Manly to manage its way into fifth spot. I think we will end up resting a number of players over the next few games. If so it's a weird strategy but I am not going to question it based on our results so far.

Last edited:
Well that will be top four gone.

As long is he is okay for the finals
Well be right Disco.
This team is well god enough to beat the Faiders. I am only worried about our ability to defend the lock into the in-goal. Neither Reuben or Walker do that very well.

I favour Walker for #1 as he can play the Turbo role better as a threat in the middle and it doesn’t interfere with the starting backline.

NYEagle

In a potentially debilitating blow for Manly, superstar fullback Tom Trbojevic has fractured his cheekbone and may not return until the NRL finals.

The injury will all but end Trbojevic’s charge toward the Dally M Medal and could also impact Manly’s top four aspirations.

Trbojevic — arguably the form player in the NRL — sustained the injury during the second half of Manly’s 56-10 win over Parramatta on the Sunshine Coast on Saturday night.

Manly has a history of struggling without Trbojevic.

Since 2019, Manly has won just 11 of 35 games without Trbojevic for winning percentage of 31.4 per cent. With Trbojevic in the side the Sea Eagles have won 24 of 32 matches for a 75 per cent winning record.

News Corp has been told Trbojevic will miss at least two games although the club refused to discuss the injury on Sunday.

He will be unavailable for matches against Canberra and Canterbury.

Provided the injury heals as planned, Trbojevic could return for the final regular season game against North Queensland.

Manly’s medical staff may also consider resting Trbojevic for the round 25 Cowboys game to ensure he is 100 per cent fit for the finals.

The injury has the potential to halt Manly’s amazing momentum built over the back-end of this season.

It is understood the fracture is minor and the injury won’t require an extended period on the sidelines.

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler was giving away little about Trbojevic’s injury, while a club statement read: “Fullback Tom Trbojevic suffered a knock to the cheekbone.

“Fortunately, the hit was on a plate that he has from a previous fracture which prevented a serious injury from occurring.

“Tom has some swelling and bruising around the site. He will be given every chance to prove his fitness for next Friday night’s match against the Canberra Raiders.”

Hasler will name his side for the Canberra game on Tuesday afternoon with Reuben Garrick and Dylan Walker to be considered as replacements fullbacks.

Trbojevic’s injury comes as Sea Eagles centre Brad Parker was officially ruled out of the Raiders game.

Parker was heavily concussed after being collected high by Parramatta’s Ryan Matterson on Saturday night.

“Centre Brad Parker suffered a head knock and will now follow the normal concussion protocols with the Manly medical team to determine a return-to-play date,” said Manly’s statement.

Moses Suli, who scored two late tries when used as Parker’s replacement, is expected to be called into the Sea Eagles starting side.

This the 2nd time that Sivo has put a guy out with a head high tackle and after a suspension for the first one gets only a 1500 dollar fine. What a farce!!

Tommy will rest up and be ready for our finals assault.

The Raiders game will be a good test for us without him as they will be desperate. We have two winnable games to finish.

We need Tommy fit for the finals so this might not be a bad thing. Always best to err on the side of caution.

You do need to question the crackdown on high tackles cause Tom is an obvious target for opponents due to his form!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2