Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NRL 2020: Manly superstar Tom Trbojevic unwilling to name return date after third hamstring injury in 18 months
Sea Eagles fans shouldn’t expect the cavalry arriving any time soon. With their season hanging in the balance, superstar fullback Tom Trbojevic has bad news on his return from injury.
Fatima Kdouh, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
August 22, 2020 6:00am

FOXSPORTS1:12
War of words: Arthur comments prompt Bellamy walkout
NRL: A frustrated Craig Bellamy walked out of his press conference upon hearing Eels coach Brad Arthur refuted his players had deliberately staye...

With their season on the line, it’s the news Manly fans didn’t want to hear – star fullback Tom Trbojevic is unable to put a definite date on his return from a troublesome hamstring injury.
Trbojevic was slated to make a comeback in round 17 after injuring his left hamstring for the third time in 18 months playing against Canberra in round six.
But the 23-year old told News Corp Australia he could be at least three weeks away from taking the field and won’t risk returning before he is ready both physically and mentally.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
Manly's Tom Trbojevic injures his hamstring against Canberra in round six.
NRL NEWS

Lavish parties, savage sprays: Boyd opens up on Knights nightmare

Was this the biggest hit in NRL history?

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet.svg

Razor sharp analysis from Australia’s leading political insider. Watch Peta Credlin 6pm Weeknights, on Sky News. For more.

Human face of why NRL must ban crusher tackles
“I couldn’t put a time frame on it, it might be three weeks, I couldn’t honestly say. We are going day by day at the moment,” the Kayo ambassador said.
“It’s been a bit slower than I have liked, I’m feeling better and hopefully I’m back in a few weeks. Obviously you have to tick some boxes in recovery and I thought I would be able to tick them quicker but that hasn’t been the case.”
Frustratingly for Trbojevic, Saturday night’s round 15 clash against South Sydney at ANZ Stadium brings with it a sense of unwanted deja vu.
A pec injury forced the fullback to watch from the sidelines as the Rabbitohs buried Manly’s title ambitions in last year’s semi-finals.
Trbojevic faces a similar predicament on Saturday night with a loss all-but ending the finals chances of the Sea Eagles, who sit on 12 competition points in 10th place on the ladder.
“It was pretty hard watching that finals game, I’m a footy player, it’s what I want to do. It’s hard to put it into words, you want to be out there and feel like you aren’t helping from the sidelines,” he said.
Trbojevic has again been forced to watch Manly fight for their season from the sidelines.
Trbojevic has again been forced to watch Manly fight for their season from the sidelines.
A win for Manly against the eighth-placed Rabbitohs would narrow the margin to just two competition points between eighth and ninth place – effectively keeping the 2020 finals race alive.
It’s a rare proposition that will have NRL fans cheering the Sea Eagles alongside Trbojevic.
In the TAB’s NRL futures markets, the Sea Eagles are $3.50 for making the top eight but are at much shorter odds at $1.27 for failing to make this year’s finals series.
Before going down 26-24 to Newcastle in round 14, the northern beaches club were $41 to win the NRL premiership but have now drifted out to $67.
Even the support of the NRL fandom might not be enough to get the Sea Eagles over the line if the statistics of Manly’s win/loss record without the star custodian are anything to go by.
According to Fox Sports Lab, over the past two seasons the Sea Eagles have won only one in three matches played without Trbojevic. Last weekend’s loss to the Knights was Manly’s 15th loss from 22 games without the influence fullback.
Manley Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler during a training session.
Just how vital is Trbojevic to the Sea Eagles?
When Trbojevic takes the field Manly’s win record is almost 80 per cent since 2019 – and the side scores 12 more points each game on average.
But it doesn’t end there.
Manly’s last win at ANZ Stadium was against South Sydney in a preliminary final way back in 2013.
The venue has turned into somewhat of a graveyard for the Sea Eagles having lost the past 10 games played there since 2013.
The odds might be heavily stacked against the Sea Eagles but at the helm is a coach famous for adopting and exploiting ‘siege mentality’.
Des Hasler, a stickler for numbers and statistics, has no doubt spent the week preparing a game plan to rewrite the record books.

Either this is a ploy to play down his return date (Des style) or the rumours may be right and he may not play again this season!

What
NRL 2020: Manly superstar Tom Trbojevic unwilling to name return date after third hamstring injury in 18 months
Sea Eagles fans shouldn’t expect the cavalry arriving any time soon. With their season hanging in the balance, superstar fullback Tom Trbojevic has bad news on his return from injury.
Fatima Kdouh, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
August 22, 2020 6:00am

FOXSPORTS1:12
War of words: Arthur comments prompt Bellamy walkout
NRL: A frustrated Craig Bellamy walked out of his press conference upon hearing Eels coach Brad Arthur refuted his players had deliberately staye...

With their season on the line, it’s the news Manly fans didn’t want to hear – star fullback Tom Trbojevic is unable to put a definite date on his return from a troublesome hamstring injury.
Trbojevic was slated to make a comeback in round 17 after injuring his left hamstring for the third time in 18 months playing against Canberra in round six.
But the 23-year old told News Corp Australia he could be at least three weeks away from taking the field and won’t risk returning before he is ready both physically and mentally.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
Manly's Tom Trbojevic injures his hamstring against Canberra in round six.'s Tom Trbojevic injures his hamstring against Canberra in round six.
NRL NEWS

Lavish parties, savage sprays: Boyd opens up on Knights nightmare

Was this the biggest hit in NRL history?

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet.svg

Razor sharp analysis from Australia’s leading political insider. Watch Peta Credlin 6pm Weeknights, on Sky News. For more.

Human face of why NRL must ban crusher tackles
“I couldn’t put a time frame on it, it might be three weeks, I couldn’t honestly say. We are going day by day at the moment,” the Kayo ambassador said.
“It’s been a bit slower than I have liked, I’m feeling better and hopefully I’m back in a few weeks. Obviously you have to tick some boxes in recovery and I thought I would be able to tick them quicker but that hasn’t been the case.”
Frustratingly for Trbojevic, Saturday night’s round 15 clash against South Sydney at ANZ Stadium brings with it a sense of unwanted deja vu.
A pec injury forced the fullback to watch from the sidelines as the Rabbitohs buried Manly’s title ambitions in last year’s semi-finals.
Trbojevic faces a similar predicament on Saturday night with a loss all-but ending the finals chances of the Sea Eagles, who sit on 12 competition points in 10th place on the ladder.
“It was pretty hard watching that finals game, I’m a footy player, it’s what I want to do. It’s hard to put it into words, you want to be out there and feel like you aren’t helping from the sidelines,” he said.
A win for Manly against the eighth-placed Rabbitohs would narrow the margin to just two competition points between eighth and ninth place – effectively keeping the 2020 finals race alive.
It’s a rare proposition that will have NRL fans cheering the Sea Eagles alongside Trbojevic.
In the TAB’s NRL futures markets, the Sea Eagles are $3.50 for making the top eight but are at much shorter odds at $1.27 for failing to make this year’s finals series.
Before going down 26-24 to Newcastle in round 14, the northern beaches club were $41 to win the NRL premiership but have now drifted out to $67.
Even the support of the NRL fandom might not be enough to get the Sea Eagles over the line if the statistics of Manly’s win/loss record without the star custodian are anything to go by.
According to Fox Sports Lab, over the past two seasons the Sea Eagles have won only one in three matches played without Trbojevic. Last weekend’s loss to the Knights was Manly’s 15th loss from 22 games without the influence fullback.
Just how vital is Trbojevic to the Sea Eagles?
When Trbojevic takes the field Manly’s win record is almost 80 per cent since 2019 – and the side scores 12 more points each game on average.
But it doesn’t end there.
Manly’s last win at ANZ Stadium was against South Sydney in a preliminary final way back in 2013.
The venue has turned into somewhat of a graveyard for the Sea Eagles having lost the past 10 games played there since 2013.
The odds might be heavily stacked against the Sea Eagles but at the helm is a coach famous for adopting and exploiting ‘siege mentality’.
Des Hasler, a stickler for numbers and statistics, has no doubt spent the week preparing a game plan to rewrite the record books.
What these stats don’t say about Manly’s winning percentage without TomT is who else is out with him.Last year it was DCE,who was out for about 5 games and this year it’s Walker.Not saying TomT isn’t influential,it’s just that they don’t give the full picture

The reason he feels like he isn't helping from the sidelines is because he really isn't helping from the sidelines. It's frustrating for us all, Tom. Maybe next year, big fella…

I think Fainu has been the biggest missing piece this season.Not sure what they’ll do next season because Levi is not the answer.I suspect Cam Smith will be out of Melbourne and back in SE QLD so Brandon Smith and Grant won’t have to leave the Storm,so that takes them off the table

Can guarantee Smith will be in SEQ in 2021.

Whether thats playing for the Titans or getting a tan, I couldn't say for sure.

But he is out of Melbourne.

80% win record when he plays since 2019 when Dez took over. Imagine we fielded a full strength side 80% of the time since 2019 would of been right up there.

Just heard turbo doesn’t know when he will be back and he thinks he could be at least 3 weeks away

this is becoming a joke a grade 2 hamstring strain shouldn’t take this long the club need to investigate and review our rehab process because this isn’t acceptable !!!

It’s becoming a joke we pay turbo so much money he should be getting the best treatment

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2