Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought he’d resigned , a new moderator invited me so I clicked yes and the first post I see is from this ****wit.

He’d be pissed if he knew I was back as we had a very big falling out a few years ago , threats / messages the whole caboodle.

He’s a ****ing nutter , if I was an Admin there I’d remove him and block him from rejoining.

yeah I thought he had gone as well but he has resurfaced in the last week. Bloody egomaniac. Sits behind me in the Jane Try. His followers think he has a direct line to Dessie. WTF.

You've being hammering this point in a few threads.

Can you fill me in on wages of the three, how it is structured over the course of their deals, how much of each is TPAs (because I believe Manly are mid table in TPAs).
Can you please let me know if the marquee allowance applies to any and the % discount DCE gets for long service.
Can you also please fill me in on the bonus structure of their deals if any.

Basically just an accurate gross pay they are each getting for each year of their deal and then the amount of that that is not counting to the cap?

Thank you.
Obviously I can't possibly know EXACT buddy, almost nobody does, but I will tell you what I do know(according to published figures and rules).

Salary cap is 9.5M
DCE is on 1.25M this year, highest paid player in the NRL(disclosed monies only of course). I'm sure a few get more including under-the-table monies.
He does not qualify for veteran player allowance.
20k of his cap impact is bonus for playing SOO last year. It costs our cap 20k for each player in SOO.
Marquee player allowance is 600k apparently spread out among contracts. DCE surely gets some of this off his cap impact.
It was published that we had 300k in TPA's last year. Surely DCE gets some of this.
That's about all there is one can KNOW.

A couple of KEY points:
The marquee Player discount comes off our cap regardless if it is off DCE's, Tom's. Jake's, Kapow's or maybe even Walker's contract so it is really meaningless WHO's cap impact it lessens.
Our total in TPA's would probably be the same amount regardless of who we have playing for us. The people who fund TPA's are solely funding the club, not any given player; they are MWSE club/business supporters. Same as TPA providers at any club.

So in reality, adding our TPA and Marquee player Allowance monies to the Cap gives us a much more realistic gauge of each players "impact on the Cap" as it is actually a players "impact on our total monies available", not just the 9.5M cap.

Cap 9.5M
MPA 600k
TPA monies 400k (generous)

Total =10.5M

DCE = 1.25M/10.5M = 11.90476 %

No matter how you want to break it down, that is his impact on the money we have available to spend on 30 players.

yeah I thought he had gone as well but he has resurfaced in the last week. Bloody egomaniac. Sits behind me in the Jane Try. His followers think he has a direct line to Dessie. WTF.
He likes to proclaim he has, in reality he’s an unknown ( I checked him out when I was connected and they said “ who???”).

Yes he’s a member

Yes he’s an admin of a Facebook group

But that’s about it , he gets all his rumours the same place I do.

Instatwitface

Obviously I can't possibly know EXACT buddy, almost nobody does, but I will tell you what I do know(according to published figures and rules).

Salary cap is 9.5M
DCE is on 1.25M this year, highest paid player in the NRL(disclosed monies only of course). I'm sure a few get more including under-the-table monies.
20k of his cap impact is bonus for playing SOO last year. It costs our cap 20k for each player in SOO.
Marquee player allowance is 600k apparently spread out among contracts. DCE surely gets some of this off his cap impact.
It was published that we had 300k in TPA's last year. Surely DCE gets some of this.

A couple of KEY points:
The marquee Player discount comes off our cap regardless if it is off DCE's, Tom's. Jake's, Kapow's or maybe even Walker's contract so it is really meaningless WHO's cap impact it lessens.
Our total in TPA's would probably be the same amount regardless of who we have playing for us. The people who fund TPA's are solely funding the club, not any given player; they are MWSE club/business supporters. Same as TPA providers at any club.

So in reality, adding our TPA and Marquee player Allowance monies to the Cap gives us a much more realistic gauge of each players "impact on the Cap" as it is actually a players "impact on our total monies available", not just the 9.5M cap.

Cap 9.5M
MPA 600k

Total =10.5M

No matter how you want to break it down, that is his impact on the money we have available to spend on 30 players.

DCE definitely qualifies for the veteran player allowance as he's been in the top 30 for more than 8 years at Manly

DCE definitely qualifies for the veteran player allowance as he's been in the top 30 for more than 8 years at Manly
Sorry you are correct. Add 200k to 10.5M.

He takes up 11.68224% then.
Tom 10.280% and Jake 8.4112%

Our 3 top earners take up 30.373% of our total monies available for 30 players. It is not EXACT..but it's close enough for discussion's sake. Balanced?

Last edited:
Here's the list if you guys want to play Supercoach! Let me know how you go:

2020 squad: Morgan Boyle (2021), Daly Cherry-Evans (2023), Lachlan Croker (2021), Cade Cust (2020), Brendan Elliott (2020), Manase Fainu (2021), Addin Fonua-Blake (2022), Tevita Funa (2021), Reuben Garrick (2021), Jack Gosiewski (2021), Albert Hopoate (2020), Sean Keppie (2021, CO 22), Danny Levi (2020), Luke Metcalf (2020), Haumole Olakau’ata (2021, CO 22), Brad Parker (2021), Taniela Paseka (2021), Josh Schuster (2021), Toafofoa Sipley (2021), Curtis Sironen (2021), Samuel Smith (2020), Moses Suli (2020), Jorge Taufua (2021), Martin Taupau (2022), Joel Thompson (2020), Jake Trbojevic (2026), Tom Trbojevic (2026), Corey Waddell (2020), Dylan Walker (2021), Tony Williams (2020), Morgan Harper (2022)

2020 squad: Morgan Boyle (2021), Daly Cherry-Evans (2023), Lachlan Croker (2021), Cade Cust (2020), Brendan Elliott (2020), Manase Fainu (2021), Addin Fonua-Blake (2022), Tevita Funa (2021), Reuben Garrick (2021), Jack Gosiewski (2021), Albert Hopoate (2020), Sean Keppie (2021, CO 22), Danny Levi (2020), Luke Metcalf (2020), Haumole Olakau’ata (2021, CO 22), Brad Parker (2021), Taniela Paseka (2021), Josh Schuster (2021), Toafofoa Sipley (2021), Curtis Sironen (2021), Samuel Smith (2020), Moses Suli (2020), Jorge Taufua (2021), Martin Taupau (2022), Joel Thompson (2020), Jake Trbojevic (2026), Tom Trbojevic (2026), Corey Waddell (2020), Dylan Walker (2021), Tony Williams (2020), Morgan Harper (2022)
Que?

We only have 9 players contracted for 2022. Interesting. I think there will be a fair bit of movement end of 21.

Salary cap is 9.5M

A couple of KEY points:

Cap 9.5M
MPA 600k

Total =10.5M

A tonne of speculation going off media numbers but sure, lets run with your numbers that are slated towards to worst case scenario.

What would you have preferred then?

Let DCE go to the Titans and let Jake and Tommy go to the Bulldogs?

I believe at the time we were looking st Elgy to replace DCE (before eventually signing him later).

Actually forget hindsight, what would you like to do now?

Shop our 3 best players around? And who do you want to replace them with?

Factor in it takes more cash to get players to move from there current clubs. Plus we will be a less attractive option for players without 3 test stars.....so will likely have to pay overs.

A tonne of speculation going off media numbers but sure, lets run with your numbers that are slated towards to worst case scenario.

I believe at the time we were looking st Elgy to replace DCE (before eventually signing him later).

Factor in it takes more cash to get players to move from there current clubs. Plus we will be a less attractive option for players without 3 test stars.....so will likely have to pay overs.
Oh I totally agree Disco! What are some of these people on this site on? They must be doing drugs or are on the drink or simply have marbles for brains. Has DCE played up to the standard we need over the last few weeks - no he hasn't. Is Turbo injured a lot - yes he is. Are they still two of the best players in the comp - yes they are and hopefully Turbo gets healthy. To say get rid of them and Jake - the very best forward in the game, the player every other player in the comp would want to play with is simply a joke. Would we have ditched Igor back in the day? Not a hope in hell. Jake is just as important to Manly as Randall was in the 70's/early 80's. Jake would be first picked in every other team... because clubs build culture and winning culture around players like Jake. Who are you people replacing them with if we sell them? Which fabulous and really cheap players are running around that we would grab to make us better? Also do you expect we can get good quality players and pay for them and yet still be paying a significant part of our former players contract money while they play for someone else after we ship them out? We would also certainly be less attractive to quality players if our quality players are gone! Then I read posts that Taupau is over rated, Parker should be a backrower or he is too slow, Des can't coach etc etc. I read this stuff and shake my head at that absolute folly of the argument but I keep quiet. Well today reading this garbage that we need to sell three of our best players - well that will do me. DCE has to step up absolutely - Turbo hopefully will get healthy - hopefully we will get some troops back soon. Our defence has been our problem - a lack of shoulders hitting bodies and a lack of talk in defence. The jersey grabbing has been poor - the changes in personnel and the lack of cohesion and talk in defence though has contributed massively to our problems but that is just an attitude issue - not a skill issue - it can and will be fixed. But for those wanting to sell our best players, have players playing in new positions, making wholesale changes, sacking the coach - you people seriously have got no idea. There will be changes in personnel at the end of this year. Dont forget Des is still working primarily with Barrett's roster. The roster Barrett failed with but Des has succeeded with and without all the injuries he would be succeeding again. But there will be player movement this off season and there will be new faces at Manly. Give Des a chance to build depth in the roster. He has been working essentially with Barrett's roster. We do need to blood one or two more youngsters and that will happen. Hopoate is not far away and young Schuster will get blooded. Paseka is growing into his role and Avocado last week looked like he is a player of the future. We just need to get some luck - pick up a couple of wins over the next few weeks, Turbo hopefully is healthy, DCE responds, AFB returns, no more injuries and we start hitting in defence and having a defensiveline that gets off the line much quicker than they have and we will be still right in the mix. You doomsdayers and panic merchants need to give yourselves an uppercut, take a Bex and come back after a lie down and repeat after me... I will only post something when I have something sensible to contribute. Arghhhh!

Last edited:
Fair enough.
So, do you think Tafua and Elliot are worthy of their places in the team?
Do you think either player has the potential to improve their performances?
I would ask just who are you replacing them with? Elliott is a very solid journeyman. Certainly not flashy - but he shouldn't need to be. If our defence was up to the normal standard, DCE had played better and without all the injuries he would do us just fine as a freddy filleriner until Turbo comes back. Just like he did last year and he has this year. He was our best player two weeks ago I think. On a dry track maybe you give Hopoate a chance IF his knee is totally solid but certainly not up till last week and not in the wet. Now Jorge - just not sure. Maybe Funa for him but gee he gives us some punch coming out of our red zone. You absolutely need that and I don't think Funa can give that. Dont forget the defensive errors are not just Jorge - the cohesion with new players with Cust and Funa has not been there which then leaves wingers standing on islands. He is a problem under the high ball though no doubt about it.

Seeming you mention it...we already pay them "overs". "overs" in that the prices are higher than we can afford...not necessarily more than others would pay. There is almost always someone paying overs for the "big stars".

Please give reasons why you think my numbers are "slated towards the worst case scenario". Please supply "nicer" numbers to back this up.

What would I have done?

Well I certainly would not sign DCE on a cap slice WELL above what our total income can afford. Also I am pretty disappointed we spent so much on the T bros. Surely we cannot afford them and DCE and paid what another team would have to to make them leave.

I see our expenditure on these 3 as something we can't afford and be competitive.

It appears you just see my posts as something you don't like to hear. Sorry for being a realist.

What we should do now...I doubt anyone can fix it until at least DCE is gone unless we can find another 1-2M per year in TPA's .

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4