Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With the right coaching, and the right luck, this young fellow is our Greg Inglis. Perhaps even better. So far he has not quite had the right luck. All Manly fans hope he stays injury free for remainder of year and a long time to come!

I have to say, watching Turbo on the weekend against Melbourne its pretty clear to me that his defensive positioning has improved incredibly from past years.

So many times on the weekend the Storm kicked in behind the line and Turbo was positioned there ready to collect the ball and claw back some metres.

In my opinion this is what Snake coming back to the club has done for his game. I remember Snake having similar skills when we were on our heels defensively.

So good to have a champion like Snake sharing his knowledge of the game with the next champion Turbo. Very lucky.

Nice observation,

One in a million: Why it's all adding up for Turbo Tom
By Christian Nicolussi - SMH
AUGUST 24, 2019

Tom Trbojevic scored 94 in his Year 12 exams, is completing a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) degree at university and has just started work with a brokerage firm.

It's safe to say he knows a thing or two about the almighty dollar.

No doubt Des Hasler and Manly officials do not need reminding of this when they eventually get around to cobbling together a deal to try and keep their superstar No.1.

But this isn't another yarn about contracts and Turbo's future. All the talk has become boring. Even if it is about million-dollar-a-season deals.

We get that Tommy would love to stay put at his local club. It would be an even bigger dream come true if he could play forever on the northern beaches with his older brother Jake.

"As long as my next contract is worth more than Jake's I don't care what happens,'' Tommy quips. "I love getting one up on him.

"We want to be together, but we're in no rush. I've said it so many times; it's ridiculous the amount of stories that have been done on it.

"We haven't spoken to anyone. We haven't put the pen through any other club. We'll look at it at the end of the season. I just love playing footy. I'd play every day if I could."

At 22, it's frightening to think how good the man they call Turbo could be.

The eighth Immortal, Andrew Johns, kick-started a debate after a Friday night game when he pontificated on whether Trbojevic would be the player he would choose to build a team around. His mate and NSW coach Brad Fittler opted for James Tedesco.

Story continues at: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/on...-adding-up-for-turbo-tom-20190823-p52k7h.html

It's lines like this that really annoy me: "No doubt Des Hasler and Manly officials do not need reminding of this when they eventually get around to cobbling together a deal to try and keep their superstar No.1." That suggests, first, that Manly officials are incompetent (which may not be too far off the mark, but still) and short of funds, and, second, that Tommy would be much better off going with a team that doesn't need to "cobble" anything together, like, say, the Roosters. It's journos salivating at the idea that the Turbos could leave Manly that keeps the "ridiculous amount of stories" going, to the point where even a story that claims to be about something else is really just the same old bull****.

Last edited:
Surprised that the smellygraph didn't use a headline like "Turbo scoffs at rumours he will sign a contract with Manly"

How bad have we played without Turbo?

Based on the results with him out to when he was in the team is he worth more coin than DCE?

Or should they both put their hand up for a salary adjustment too the 900K mark so we can retain / recruit a competitive team?
Yeah fine if we can make the finals based on 6 games per season

• 👍
Reactions: Kez
Dead set I'm just watching the dry surface day game at Titans. We seriously cannot play Turbo in any game that isn't a dry sunny afternoon. Not even a light dew. No night games or rainy days.

I’d be tempted not to play him again if we can’t make the 8, I mean once that’s out of contention what’s the point ??

I bet if we did that you watch him still get picked for Origin at the end of the year. Feels like a bloody long time since we’ve seen the bloke. That first half against Canberra when he got injured he showed just how much of a dominant player he is (when fit).

I bet if we did that you watch him still get picked for Origin at the end of the year. Feels like a bloody long time since we’ve seen the bloke. That first half against Canberra when he got injured he showed just how much of a dominant player he is (when fit).
Oh yes he’s dominant all right , one of the best in the game BUT until they can fix this hamstring issue having a player soaking up almost a million in cap space and good for about 4-5 games a year is a huge liability.

That said Tedesco changed and prospered so Turbo can too..... in fact he has to otherwise he’ll be the most expensive lemon we’ll have .

It’s not his fault he’s getting injured BUT it IS his fault with the way he runs ( apparently).

Oh yes he’s dominant all right , one of the best in the game BUT until they can fix this hamstring issue having a player soaking up almost a million in cap space and good for about 4-5 games a year is a huge liability.

That said Tedesco changed and prospered so Turbo can too..... in fact he has to otherwise he’ll be the most expensive lemon we’ll have .

It’s not his fault he’s getting injured BUT it IS his fault with the way he runs ( apparently).

You’d love you know his mind set coming back from this injury. I could only imagine how frustrated he would be currently and nervous he would be that first game back. It’ll be a mental mountain for him to climb.

Sucks doesn't. Came back from the off season so strong. 6 games, 3 man of the matches. So strong in defence. I have never seen him dominant like that.

Has done his hamstring twice 5 mins into second half. Just needs to stay warm and keep the blood pumping at half time on the bike.

Sucks doesn't. Came back from the off season so strong. 6 games, 3 man of the matches. So strong in defence. I have never seen him dominant like that.

Has done his hamstring twice 5 mins into second half. Just needs to stay warm and keep the blood pumping at half time on the bike.

It does mate - What this kid could do with a full season is limitless. Without interruption he would have been a huge chance for the Dally M.

I know those seasons will come though. I do see him always on the bike at halftime now, the one consistent thing with both his big tears is him returning the ball and stepping off that right (I think?!) foot.

The club just have to get him right this time. He’s an investment and one you can’t afford to have sitting in the garage.

The club just have to get him right this time. He’s an investment and one you can’t afford to have sitting in the garage.
Yes, certainly not for the next 6 years.

He should be treated in different styles until the next pre-season starts as this year is gone and we need to make damned sure we get it sorted.

The problem with hamstrings is there is only so much conditioning you can do, it basically comes down to luck some of the time as well. Your hammy can go 3-4 times in quick succession, and then they can hold out and not break down for a few years.

They're one of those body parts that will always have 50% conditioning along with 50% luck.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4