Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo

Mataiforerver

Really? Teddy has had one ACL injury in 2012.
He did have fibula and patella injuries, but onLy one ACL.
Not a doctor, but I am under the impression both of which are more severe long term than Hammy.

ManlyArmy

Our wanker mate on Facebook ( yes the one mentioned on here many times ) has absolute inside knowledge that Turbo is no chance for any game in 2020.

FMD he’s a dickhead.
Don't you worry, I've seen the screenshots people have saved from his stupid posts after he deletes them, even ones where he's messaged people on Facebook to criticise them.

Remember being shown one where he put a post up saying that Waddell is Cartwright's godson, and then Waddell's sister came on and denied that. It was comedy gold!

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
I'd rather he miss 2020 than come back and do another hammy trying to help us scrape into the 8... but only if it means that his hammies are more sound going forward...
We should concentrate on getting the team structured to use him effectively because if Tom ever plays a full season he has the ability to win the Dally M, Clive Churchill and deliver us the premiership - he is that good in my mind...

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
I’m not mentioning his name as I’ve been down a defamation road before .

He’s an admin on the biggest Facebook fan page.

And is a total WANKER , @ManlyArmy might be prepared to name him.

Disco

Not a dummy-spit at all, I think the guy is fantastic...on the rare occasion he plays. I said medically retire all 3 of them, not just Tom.
We won't win anything unless we can find these 3 a LOT of TPA money and reduce their impact on our cap, and hence our squad.. That's what the big-spending clubs do.

Everyone can blindly hope for success but it won't happen if we don't find $1M+ per season somewhere or magically unearth 4 future stars coz our squad is nowhere near consistently competing under the new rules.
You've being hammering this point in a few threads.

Can you fill me in on wages of the three, how it is structured over the course of their deals, how much of each is TPAs (because I believe Manly are mid table in TPAs).
Can you please let me know if the marquee allowance applies to any and the % discount DCE gets for long service.
Can you also please fill me in on the bonus structure of their deals if any.

Basically just an accurate gross pay they are each getting for each year of their deal and then the amount of that that is not counting to the cap?

Thank you.

Sheikheagle

his surname is like s

Is it R . . . . T S. . . .n ?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
I thought he’d resigned , a new moderator invited me so I clicked yes and the first post I see is from this ****wit.

He’d be pissed if he knew I was back as we had a very big falling out a few years ago , threats / messages the whole caboodle.

He’s a ****ing nutter , if I was an Admin there I’d remove him and block him from rejoining.

Sheikheagle

I thought he’d resigned , a new moderator invited me so I clicked yes and the first post I see is from this ****wit.

He’d be pissed if he knew I was back as we had a very big falling out a few years ago , threats / messages the whole caboodle.

He’s a ****ing nutter , if I was an Admin there I’d remove him and block him from rejoining.
yeah I thought he had gone as well but he has resurfaced in the last week. Bloody egomaniac. Sits behind me in the Jane Try. His followers think he has a direct line to Dessie. WTF.

40 years an eagle

You've being hammering this point in a few threads.

Can you fill me in on wages of the three, how it is structured over the course of their deals, how much of each is TPAs (because I believe Manly are mid table in TPAs).
Can you please let me know if the marquee allowance applies to any and the % discount DCE gets for long service.
Can you also please fill me in on the bonus structure of their deals if any.

Basically just an accurate gross pay they are each getting for each year of their deal and then the amount of that that is not counting to the cap?

Thank you.
Obviously I can't possibly know EXACT buddy, almost nobody does, but I will tell you what I do know(according to published figures and rules).

Salary cap is 9.5M
DCE is on 1.25M this year, highest paid player in the NRL(disclosed monies only of course). I'm sure a few get more including under-the-table monies.
He does not qualify for veteran player allowance.
20k of his cap impact is bonus for playing SOO last year. It costs our cap 20k for each player in SOO.
Marquee player allowance is 600k apparently spread out among contracts. DCE surely gets some of this off his cap impact.
It was published that we had 300k in TPA's last year. Surely DCE gets some of this.
That's about all there is one can KNOW.

A couple of KEY points:
The marquee Player discount comes off our cap regardless if it is off DCE's, Tom's. Jake's, Kapow's or maybe even Walker's contract so it is really meaningless WHO's cap impact it lessens.
Our total in TPA's would probably be the same amount regardless of who we have playing for us. The people who fund TPA's are solely funding the club, not any given player; they are MWSE club/business supporters. Same as TPA providers at any club.

So in reality, adding our TPA and Marquee player Allowance monies to the Cap gives us a much more realistic gauge of each players "impact on the Cap" as it is actually a players "impact on our total monies available", not just the 9.5M cap.

Cap 9.5M
MPA 600k
TPA monies 400k (generous)

Total =10.5M

DCE = 1.25M/10.5M = 11.90476 %

No matter how you want to break it down, that is his impact on the money we have available to spend on 30 players.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
yeah I thought he had gone as well but he has resurfaced in the last week. Bloody egomaniac. Sits behind me in the Jane Try. His followers think he has a direct line to Dessie. WTF.
He likes to proclaim he has, in reality he’s an unknown ( I checked him out when I was connected and they said “ who???”).

Yes he’s a member

Yes he’s an admin of a Facebook group

But that’s about it , he gets all his rumours the same place I do.

Instatwitface

ManlyArmy

Obviously I can't possibly know EXACT buddy, almost nobody does, but I will tell you what I do know(according to published figures and rules).

Salary cap is 9.5M
DCE is on 1.25M this year, highest paid player in the NRL(disclosed monies only of course). I'm sure a few get more including under-the-table monies.
He does not qualify for veteran player allowance.
20k of his cap impact is bonus for playing SOO last year. It costs our cap 20k for each player in SOO.
Marquee player allowance is 600k apparently spread out among contracts. DCE surely gets some of this off his cap impact.
It was published that we had 300k in TPA's last year. Surely DCE gets some of this.
That's about all there is one can KNOW.

A couple of KEY points:
The marquee Player discount comes off our cap regardless if it is off DCE's, Tom's. Jake's, Kapow's or maybe even Walker's contract so it is really meaningless WHO's cap impact it lessens.
Our total in TPA's would probably be the same amount regardless of who we have playing for us. The people who fund TPA's are solely funding the club, not any given player; they are MWSE club/business supporters. Same as TPA providers at any club.

So in reality, adding our TPA and Marquee player Allowance monies to the Cap gives us a much more realistic gauge of each players "impact on the Cap" as it is actually a players "impact on our total monies available", not just the 9.5M cap.

Cap 9.5M
MPA 600k
TPA monies 400k (generous)

Total =10.5M

DCE = 1.25M/10.5M = 11.90476 %

No matter how you want to break it down, that is his impact on the money we have available to spend on 30 players.
DCE definitely qualifies for the veteran player allowance as he's been in the top 30 for more than 8 years at Manly

40 years an eagle

DCE definitely qualifies for the veteran player allowance as he's been in the top 30 for more than 8 years at Manly
Sorry you are correct. Add 200k to 10.5M.

He takes up 11.68224% then.
Tom 10.280% and Jake 8.4112%

Our 3 top earners take up 30.373% of our total monies available for 30 players. It is not EXACT..but it's close enough for discussion's sake. Balanced?

Last edited:

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20