Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo

Ron E. Gibbs

It's lines like this that really annoy me: "No doubt Des Hasler and Manly officials do not need reminding of this when they eventually get around to cobbling together a deal to try and keep their superstar No.1." That suggests, first, that Manly officials are incompetent (which may not be too far off the mark, but still) and short of funds, and, second, that Tommy would be much better off going with a team that doesn't need to "cobble" anything together, like, say, the Roosters. It's journos salivating at the idea that the Turbos could leave Manly that keeps the "ridiculous amount of stories" going, to the point where even a story that claims to be about something else is really just the same old bull****.

Last edited:

mjb136

MWSE fanatic
Premium Member
Surprised that the smellygraph didn't use a headline like "Turbo scoffs at rumours he will sign a contract with Manly"

HK_Eagle

How bad have we played without Turbo?

Based on the results with him out to when he was in the team is he worth more coin than DCE?

Or should they both put their hand up for a salary adjustment too the 900K mark so we can retain / recruit a competitive team?
Yeah fine if we can make the finals based on 6 games per season

• 👍
Reactions: Kez

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Dead set I'm just watching the dry surface day game at Titans. We seriously cannot play Turbo in any game that isn't a dry sunny afternoon. Not even a light dew. No night games or rainy days.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Dead set I'm just watching the dry surface day game at Titans. We seriously cannot play Turbo in any game that isn't a dry sunny afternoon. Not even a light dew. No night games or rainy days.
I’d be tempted not to play him again if we can’t make the 8, I mean once that’s out of contention what’s the point ??

Mitch

I’d be tempted not to play him again if we can’t make the 8, I mean once that’s out of contention what’s the point ??
I bet if we did that you watch him still get picked for Origin at the end of the year. Feels like a bloody long time since we’ve seen the bloke. That first half against Canberra when he got injured he showed just how much of a dominant player he is (when fit).

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
I bet if we did that you watch him still get picked for Origin at the end of the year. Feels like a bloody long time since we’ve seen the bloke. That first half against Canberra when he got injured he showed just how much of a dominant player he is (when fit).
Oh yes he’s dominant all right , one of the best in the game BUT until they can fix this hamstring issue having a player soaking up almost a million in cap space and good for about 4-5 games a year is a huge liability.

That said Tedesco changed and prospered so Turbo can too..... in fact he has to otherwise he’ll be the most expensive lemon we’ll have .

It’s not his fault he’s getting injured BUT it IS his fault with the way he runs ( apparently).

Mitch

Oh yes he’s dominant all right , one of the best in the game BUT until they can fix this hamstring issue having a player soaking up almost a million in cap space and good for about 4-5 games a year is a huge liability.

That said Tedesco changed and prospered so Turbo can too..... in fact he has to otherwise he’ll be the most expensive lemon we’ll have .

It’s not his fault he’s getting injured BUT it IS his fault with the way he runs ( apparently).
You’d love you know his mind set coming back from this injury. I could only imagine how frustrated he would be currently and nervous he would be that first game back. It’ll be a mental mountain for him to climb.

Simonmyers11

Sucks doesn't. Came back from the off season so strong. 6 games, 3 man of the matches. So strong in defence. I have never seen him dominant like that.

Has done his hamstring twice 5 mins into second half. Just needs to stay warm and keep the blood pumping at half time on the bike.

Mitch

Sucks doesn't. Came back from the off season so strong. 6 games, 3 man of the matches. So strong in defence. I have never seen him dominant like that.

Has done his hamstring twice 5 mins into second half. Just needs to stay warm and keep the blood pumping at half time on the bike.
It does mate - What this kid could do with a full season is limitless. Without interruption he would have been a huge chance for the Dally M.

I know those seasons will come though. I do see him always on the bike at halftime now, the one consistent thing with both his big tears is him returning the ball and stepping off that right (I think?!) foot.

The club just have to get him right this time. He’s an investment and one you can’t afford to have sitting in the garage.

40 years an eagle

The club just have to get him right this time. He’s an investment and one you can’t afford to have sitting in the garage.
Yes, certainly not for the next 6 years.

He should be treated in different styles until the next pre-season starts as this year is gone and we need to make damned sure we get it sorted.

ManlyArmy

The problem with hamstrings is there is only so much conditioning you can do, it basically comes down to luck some of the time as well. Your hammy can go 3-4 times in quick succession, and then they can hold out and not break down for a few years.

They're one of those body parts that will always have 50% conditioning along with 50% luck.

Mataiforerver

The bloke put 10+ kgs on in the off season. Hes 23 just getting used to his body and weight size. Give him time.

Tedesco’s injury run was worse than Turbos at his age and look what happened. Probably had a similar weight gain too.

Give Turbo time, its only his second properly stuffed season.

Mataiforerver

Just medically retire him.

Jake and DCE too.

Then we can try to form a balanced squad with the total monies available to us. We could buy 6 VERY good players with that money.
If you medically retired every young star who gets seriously injured for a couple years you wouldn’t have much to pick from.

Hope this is a bit of a joke / troll from you because if not, probably one of the biggest dummy spits I’ve seen on this forum

ManlyArmy

The bloke put 10+ kgs on in the off season. Hes 23 just getting used to his body and weight size. Give him time.

Tedesco’s injury run was worse than Turbos at his age and look what happened. Probably had a similar weight gain too.

Give Turbo time, its only his second properly stuffed season.
I tell you what, I'd much rather the hammy problems that Tommy has than the ACL injuries that Tedesco had.

40 years an eagle

If you medically retired every young star who gets seriously injured for a couple years you wouldn’t have much to pick from.

Hope this is a bit of a joke / troll from you because if not, probably one of the biggest dummy spits I’ve seen on this forum
Not a dummy-spit at all, I think the guy is fantastic...on the rare occasion he plays. I said medically retire all 3 of them, not just Tom.
We won't win anything unless we can find these 3 a LOT of TPA money and reduce their impact on our cap, and hence our squad.. That's what the big-spending clubs do.

Everyone can blindly hope for success but it won't happen if we don't find $1M+ per season somewhere or magically unearth 4 future stars coz our squad is nowhere near consistently competing under the new rules.

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 19 16 0 3 266 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20
9 Titans 20 9 0 11 -117 18