Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Having missed eight weeks with a hamstring injury last year, Turbo played a blinder in his return game against Saints and was subsequently picked for Origin 2 where he scored three tries. I am sure he wants to resume playing as soon as possible. As Des said 'Tommy Turbo will resume playing when Tommy Turbo thinks he is ready to play'. It must be very frustrating for Turbo seeing the team slide downhill over the last 10 weeks. He wants to play for the Sea Eagles and, of course, he wants to play for the Blues. To this point in time, he hasn't sustained injuries playing rep games - let's hope that never happens.
You know what I liked about Jamie Lyon. He put his club career in front of Origin. Always gave 100 percent for Manly & said no thanks to origin. Origin is a side show that just detracts from club footy.

Kieran Foran's hopes of a Manly return hinge on Dylan Walker reuniting with good mate Trent Barrett at Belmore.

On the same day superstar No.1 Tom Trbojevic was given the green light to return from a hamstring injury for the Sea Eagles' final two matches of the season, talk of Foran heading home to the northern beaches started to gather momentum.

Newcastle or Manly have been top of Foran's wishlist since Canterbury made it clear he was not in their future plans after signing Blake Green last week.

Foran remains friends with Daly Cherry-Evans, with whom he won the 2011 premiership as well as reaching the 2013 grand final.

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler was also the man who paid Foran $3 million to lure him to Belmore.

But Manly have little space to move in next year's cap, and to have any chance of accommodating Foran would need to move on a player like Walker.

Walker only signed a two-year extension late last year, and the second year of his deal features a hefty pay increase.

He could, however, seek a longer-term contract at Canterbury and the chance to link with incoming coach Barrett.

Barrett and Walker have remained friends since Barrett departed Manly. Barrett is heavily invested with table-topping Penrith as an assistant coach but has also been quietly laying the foundations at Belmore. It's understood there have not yet been any formal discussions about Walker

Walker played some of his best football in 2017 under Barrett, the coach who fell out of favour at Manly. "He's one of best blokes I know," Walker said. "He's one of the smartest footy brains I know. He's a good guy to be around. He cares about his players, and that's all you want."

The experience of Foran and Cherry-Evans would make them one of the most lethal combinations in the competition.

Foran knows he will not get anything near the $1.2m he was supposed to earn at the Bulldogs this year before COVID-19 struck.

Canterbury were prepared to pay around $450,000 next year, with more than $100,000 of that deal contingent on the 30-year-old playing a certain amount of games.

Negotiations fell over when Foran's camp pushed for a second year. Foran only found out about Green, a 33-year-old now recovering from a ruptured ACL, when the club were about to announce his signing publicly late last week.

Foran told the Herald last week he was ''not going to kick stones'' but knew there was no future at the Dogs.

The Knights also have appeal given the presence of Foran's childhood friend Mitchell Pearce. But like Manly, Newcastle are not flush with funds for 2021.

Late last week, Andrew Johns said on his Nine segment Immortal Behaviour he would be a great fit for Newcastle and Pearce

"That'd be a nice marriage up there," Johns said. "I still think Kieran Foran has got at least two really quality years in his body."

Meanwhile, Trbojevic will not be named for Saturday's clash at home against the Wests Tigers and, while he is also tipped to miss Friday week's Bulldogs clash, will return for the Titans and Warriors.

Manly are out of the finals but Trbojevic is desperate to get back playing football after such a lengthy lay-off. Had his latest scans come back with any concerns he was resigned to giving up on 202 altogether, but was relieved to receive positive results.

Manly are out of the finals but Trbojevic is desperate to get back playing football after such a lengthy lay-off. Had his latest scans come back with any concerns he was resigned to giving up on 202 altogether, but was relieved to receive positive results.
'Positive results' is great news but any cursory scan of the studies shows HSIs are more likely to occur when you've already suffered one.
To ease the strain on Turbo in future - how about we support him on field by grabbing another real speedster or two? Having one is always good but in tandem the effectiveness is increased exponentially. Recent example, Pappenhuysen and Addo-carr. Back in the day, we had Shearer and O'Connor.

Let's give Anderson a run, and/or blow the budget on Staines or Johnston? Let Turbo make a break then pass to someone else rather than having to do all the long runs himself!!

Kieran Foran's hopes of a Manly return hinge on Dylan Walker reuniting with good mate Trent Barrett at Belmore.

On the same day superstar No.1 Tom Trbojevic was given the green light to return from a hamstring injury for the Sea Eagles' final two matches of the season, talk of Foran heading home to the northern beaches started to gather momentum.

Newcastle or Manly have been top of Foran's wishlist since Canterbury made it clear he was not in their future plans after signing Blake Green last week.

Foran remains friends with Daly Cherry-Evans, with whom he won the 2011 premiership as well as reaching the 2013 grand final.

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler was also the man who paid Foran $3 million to lure him to Belmore.

But Manly have little space to move in next year's cap, and to have any chance of accommodating Foran would need to move on a player like Walker.

Walker only signed a two-year extension late last year, and the second year of his deal features a hefty pay increase.

He could, however, seek a longer-term contract at Canterbury and the chance to link with incoming coach Barrett.

Barrett and Walker have remained friends since Barrett departed Manly. Barrett is heavily invested with table-topping Penrith as an assistant coach but has also been quietly laying the foundations at Belmore. It's understood there have not yet been any formal discussions about Walker

Walker played some of his best football in 2017 under Barrett, the coach who fell out of favour at Manly. "He's one of best blokes I know," Walker said. "He's one of the smartest footy brains I know. He's a good guy to be around. He cares about his players, and that's all you want."

The experience of Foran and Cherry-Evans would make them one of the most lethal combinations in the competition.

Foran knows he will not get anything near the $1.2m he was supposed to earn at the Bulldogs this year before COVID-19 struck.

Canterbury were prepared to pay around $450,000 next year, with more than $100,000 of that deal contingent on the 30-year-old playing a certain amount of games.

Negotiations fell over when Foran's camp pushed for a second year. Foran only found out about Green, a 33-year-old now recovering from a ruptured ACL, when the club were about to announce his signing publicly late last week.

Foran told the Herald last week he was ''not going to kick stones'' but knew there was no future at the Dogs.

The Knights also have appeal given the presence of Foran's childhood friend Mitchell Pearce. But like Manly, Newcastle are not flush with funds for 2021.

Late last week, Andrew Johns said on his Nine segment Immortal Behaviour he would be a great fit for Newcastle and Pearce

"That'd be a nice marriage up there," Johns said. "I still think Kieran Foran has got at least two really quality years in his body."

Meanwhile, Trbojevic will not be named for Saturday's clash at home against the Wests Tigers and, while he is also tipped to miss Friday week's Bulldogs clash, will return for the Titans and Warriors.

No way. We bring in another slow back to get rid of our fastest in Walker over 30m.

Is Des bringing Tolman over as well!!!

A playmaker like Foran is probably a quick cure for our ailing directionless team. Coupled with Walker/Suli/Funa as centres, our attack could suddenly come alive. Acquiring Johnston for real speed on the wing would be a bonus. To be able to afford these players, I would be happy to let go of Marty & SIrro.

A playmaker like Foran is probably a quick cure for our ailing directionless team. Coupled with Walker/Suli/Funa as centres, our attack could suddenly come alive. Acquiring Johnston for real speed on the wing would be a bonus. To be able to afford these players, I would be happy to let go of Marty & SIrro.
Walker on a hefty pay increase next year. I'm guessing they'll let him go. Des loves slow teams who arm wrestle. Problem is the game has past by that thinking and the refs will cane any team who tries it.

Not that he’s always right, but Wacko’s Whispers is predicting Turbo could return this week at centre where there is less running required.

It’s in the DT early mail.

I personally like the idea. We need him on the field and if playing centre let’s him ease into it and reduces the chance of re-injury then do it
Surely not. If he isn't ready to play fullback let him sit and recover until he is. So we have our best fullback at Centre and our best Centre at fullback? Serenity now! Hoochie Mumma!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2