Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo to centre?

Red Baron

Reaction score
Yeah this is great.

We can have a centre playing at fullback.

A fullback playing centre.

Two 5/8ths playing hooker.

A 5/8th playing second row.

This is some real big brain stuff.
Oh man we are such a mess... Bulldogs are our only hope at avoiding the spoon.

court83

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
What been saying for ages in rotation with fb possible funa centre in defense roam and rotate through middle
That's what ide be doing.. seems insane to pay a million to a bloke and expect him to run head first into a line of props every time he returns a kick.... Rather see him do less of that and leave room to cut opponents to shreds with ball in hand

Johnno74

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
I have a pretty good footy brain been saying that for ages ,thanks for agreeing as to me it's a no brainier.To many positives turbos self preservation,plus adds x factor and uncertainty and strike power as roaming type .Another thing I'd consider is Jurbo in Glenn Stewart type roll on edges as that would add stiffness in defense and ball playing possibilities as well as saving him do 50 tackles

Last edited:

Hibyemama

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
Not that he’s always right, but Wacko’s Whispers is predicting Turbo could return this week at centre where there is less running required.

It’s in the DT early mail.

I personally like the idea. We need him on the field and if playing centre let’s him ease into it and reduces the chance of re-injury then do it
i have always said Tom should do a Jack Wighton, but I guess centre is better than fullback.

Uk eagle

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
That's why I said Des won't select any other good option. Funa should be there now. Walker for Parker and Happy days
It would mean Des admitting he was wrong and his experiment has failed. We're so far away from where we need to be he might as well give funa a run. I don't think he went that bad (although I seem to be in the minority)

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
I remember a young player called Steve Matai came in at center and his debut year wasn't exactly crash hot but see where it went. How the f*** is Tevita Funa and Morgan Harper ever going to get experience constantly sitting on the sidelines while we witness this pitful excuse for a backline continually under perform yet get picked week after week. Parker, Garrick are not up to it. Suli either but he's injured. F*** them all off and give these young blokes a f***ing chance. They can"t be any worse than the 40 point floggings every f***ing week.

KaZa

Bencher
Reaction score
I remember a young player called Steve Matai came in at center and his debut year wasn't exactly crash hot but see where it went. How the f*** is Tevita Funa and Morgan Harper ever going to get experience constantly sitting on the sidelines while we witness this pitful excuse for a backline continually under perform yet get picked week after week. Parker, Garrick are not up to it. Suli either but he's injured. F*** them all off and give these young blokes a f***ing chance. They can"t be any worse than the 40 point floggings every f***ing week.
so true. Matai's defence was awful in his first season.. but boy oh boy did he figure it out!

Reaction score
Yeah this is great.

We can have a centre playing at fullback.

A fullback playing centre.

Two 5/8ths playing hooker.

A 5/8th playing second row.

This is some real big brain stuff.
And a #7 playing reserve grade quality

Reaction score
Love this, Go Manly

Reaction score
Another thing I'd consider is Jurbo in Glenn Stewart type roll on edges as that would add stiffness in defense and ball playing possibilities as well as saving him do 50 tackles
He's the only one who's doing the tackling. Imagine the score line if he's not making those tackles? Cricket scores lol

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Reaction score
He's the only one who's doing the tackling. Imagine the score line if he's not making those tackles? Cricket scores lol

Thing is his attacking ability is being wasted in the second row. He adds a degree of uncertainty in attacking moves, which we sorely miss.

Moops

Bencher
Reaction score
yes mate - sorry my views are not the "mainstream" on here so I probably don't deserve any soup. But I like Babu's Pakistani restaurant anyway lol.
You are very bad man!

Staff online

2021 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 6 6 0 0 122 12
2 Rabbitohs 6 5 0 1 87 10
3 Eels 6 5 0 1 61 10
4 Storm 6 4 0 2 86 8
5 Roosters 6 4 0 2 78 8
6 Dragons 6 4 0 2 36 8
7 Titans 6 3 0 3 9 6
8 Warriors 6 3 0 3 -3 6