Turbo & SOO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
There was an interesting comment in the SMH around Turbo considering sitting out SOO this year to focus on Manly and not put his body at risk.

I definitely hope it's true, but how does this go with the NRL? I recall a stupid rule that they have to play / be considered if fit and if they refuse they can't play for their team.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

There was an interesting comment in the SMH around Turbo considering sitting out SOO this year to focus on Manly and not put his body at risk.

I definitely hope it's true, but how does this go with the NRL? I recall a stupid rule that they have to play / be considered if fit and if they refuse they can't play for their team.

Not sure on the NRL’s stance or rules but he made himself unavailable for last year’s Origin and was not punished.I suspect if he’s concerned about injuries,I couldn’t see the NRL wouldn’t stand in the way of him not playing,but there’s plenty of time still for that decision

Not sure on the NRL’s stance or rules but he made himself unavailable for last year’s Origin and was not punished.I suspect if he’s concerned about injuries,I couldn’t see the NRL wouldn’t stand in the way of him not playing,but there’s plenty of time still for that decision
We are Manly. If there’s a way for them to stand in our way, they’ll do it!

Jamie Lyon decided not to play SOO & was allowed to play for Manly. Not sure if the rule has changed!

Jamie Lyon decided not to play SOO & was allowed to play for Manly. Not sure if the rule has changed!
Jamie was over 30. To apply for representative exemption a player must; be over 30 years of age, have played 10 seasons of nrl, have a chronic injury problem or in the opinion of the ARL board, exceptional circumstances apply.

Possibly qualifies under the chronic injury exemption.

Edit: Jamie wasn't 30 and was threatened with being stood down from club matches in 2008 but exemption was granted in 2009 which was his 10th season of first grade.

Last edited:
During CH9’s Sunday footy show they asked Fittler about Tom for Origin.
He said he’d be considered.
I’m guessing the SMH comment was since then, though.

Unless there are significant injury problems for NSW , Tommy right now would be behind, Tedesco, Papenhyzen. Mitchell and Gutho for any Full-back role. In the centres and wing NSW are strong.

My guess is that he wont be considered for game 1 and if NSW lose that game he might come into calculations. Like all of you I just want to see him get match fit and star for the team as we have seen precious little of him!

Unless there are significant injury problems for NSW , Tommy right now would be behind, Tedesco, Papenhyzen. Mitchell and Gutho for any Full-back role. In the centres and wing NSW are strong.

My guess is that he wont be considered for game 1 and if NSW lose that game he might come into calculations. Like all of you I just want to see him get match fit and star for the team as we have seen precious little of him!
If he is available he will be one of the first picked. Be it wing or centre. Pap will be on the bench. Gutho was only there last year because of injury to Tom and Mitchell.

Yeah and then just about every year until his retirement there were calls to stand him down from club games because he refused to play rep footy.

All Killer did was effectively retire from rep footy after 2010. People just had the $hits with it because NSW were in the middle of their series losing streak and at the time he was still considered the best centre in the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7