Turbo injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What's our backline with him in there? Taufua Walker one side then Elliott Garrick the other? Elliott being the centre.

Geez I hope Tommy is fit the rest of the year we have missed his spark in attack

I think that’ll be the likely lineup currently with Parker and Suli out mate. A good selection headache when they’re both available though pending no further injuries!

Elliot has been OK as a replacement and he's proven as safe as houses under high kicks.....but he offers nowhere near the same level in attack as we get from Turbo.

Personally I think if Tom is back this week, Garrick will go back to the wing and Elliot will be in the centres. However, I still think that when Parker and Suli return, provided Tom stays healthy it'll be Elliot and likely Suli or Jorge who drop back to Blacktown.

For mine, our best 1-7 is:

Tom Trbojevic
Jorge Taufua / Moses Suli
Dylan Walker
Brad Parker
Reuben Garrick
Lachlan Croker
Daly Cherry-Evans

Cust's time will come, but I don't think he is ready to be full time in first grade right now and his kicking game certainly doesn't warrant it. As for Jorge, I like him, his runs are good and he's gotten a lot better under high kicks lately. But he's slow, his play the balls are even slower and his turn and chase is slower still. I really don't think we'd be any worse off having either Suli or Miski on his wing, especially Suli who can easily provide the same type of hard running that Jorge gives.

Last edited:
I love Jorge but he is slow and sleepy Miski is fast and wide awake I'd love to see him on the wing in a full strength team ...
Not sure how fast miski is. Granted he is faster than jorge but Miski would be up there with the slower wingers in the comp, Seems quite quick over 5m then he's on a treadmill from there.

Not sure how fast miski is. Granted he is faster than jorge but Miski would be up there with the slower wingers in the comp, Seems quite quick over 5m then he's on a treadmill from there.
Gotta be quicker than Tafua. I've seen front rowers run him down when he's got the headstart. Plus he's gotta be better under the high ball. Watching Tafua run back from a kick chase is like watching the Titanic turn around.

If you go by the expert assesment they said his leg was shorter then the other and it was a simple case of levelling them out ,id like to hope its that easy but .....fingers crossed lol

I can't recall any player missing 8 rounds due to a hamstring injury in recent years...Im sure he has been wrapped in cotton wool for his return ..Welcome back Turbo.

Now we just need croker back from his hammy dilemmas.

They can take significant time, Braidon Burns from Souths has been out with a hamstring injury since round 3, a week prior to Turbo and still won’t be back for another 2-3 weeks.

But you can rest assured that if Tom is on the field this weekend he’ll be 100%

Des has Elliott on the bench which suggests he may take Turbo off early if it looks like he is having difficulty. Turbo may only play half a game, just to ensure he doesn't stress out those hammies

They can take significant time, Braidon Burns from Souths has been out with a hamstring injury since round 3, a week prior to Turbo and still won’t be back for another 2-3 weeks.

But you can rest assured that if Tom is on the field this weekend he’ll be 100%

I believe Burns re-injured himself though

I expect he is chomping at the bit to get back and the medical staff have clearly given him the green light. There is no way Des would allow him to play unless he had been satisfied he is 100% ready to go.

It isn't a final or must win game. If he does happen to do any similar damage it will be nothing more than bad luck.. It's weird, but I trust the Manly medical staff a little bit more than x amount of fans saying he needs another week on the sideline.

It would still be an idea to consider interchanging him with Elliott, maybe play centre for a while, just so he can work his way back into match fitness and not put too much stress on those legs. Hate this to go the way Brett Stewarts problems went.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6