[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
"club powerbrokers began preparing to overhaul the support systems for coach Des Hasler and the club’s under-fire squad."

Didn't all the numbnuts on here bag the shiite out of Barrett for demanding Penn provide the coaching staff resources expected of a serious NRL team ... Oh how times and attitudes change ...
See i read this differently. I see this quote referring to des losing some control of his support team and being micro managed. Very much like trent. Sorry if ive misunderstood what you were saying though woodsie.

Dessies ability to control all coaching outcomes seems to be coming to an end. I would wager some clauses in his contract not reported, will point to his autonomy being related to his success

I think its going to get ugly , and if it doesn't, then dessie has become a tad soft and that is indeed a worry

And due to this a VERY big chance of not having their licence extended in the next TV round.

The QLD teams at the bottom will be safe , us and the Bulldogs will be in extreme danger of being booted.

The NRL will offer a severance deal ( I’d say 20-30 million ) and just relocate the licences to areas that are better funded and ready to go.

There’s at least three of them in the Brisbane area.

Perth may not be well funded but the timeslot they’d get would be gold for TV if they went down that route.
To be honest mate, I think we’re safer than we’ve been for some time. A COE isn’t built without a team in place to utilise it. Along with this PVL continues to lobby for a full upgrade of Brookvale.

Whilst it may be garbage on field at the moment, I don’t think you need to be hugely worried about being booted. We’re certainly not in extreme danger, that’s for sure.

To be honest mate, I think we’re safer than we’ve been for some time. A COE isn’t built without a team in place to utilise it. Along with this PVL continues to lobby for a full upgrade of Brookvale.

Whilst it may be garbage on field at the moment, I don’t think you need to be hugely worried about being booted. We’re certainly not in extreme danger, that’s for sure.
Yep agree COE and possibly further funding for improvements has saved our bacon.

Yep agree COE and possibly further funding for improvements has saved our bacon.
For mine the polishing of the Brookie turd is a waste of money. They could have taken all the cash and built something really nice at Rat Park that the whole beaches could benefit from.

The club was probably completely against it though because the Rats would draw bigger crowds.

Apart from the head coach issue, debated here enough, our assistant coaches have offered nothing for the past 5 years. We apparently can't identify or attract anyone capable of coaching just defence or just attack, or halves, backs or forwards. All areas poor and declining.
Mate unfortunately thats how des likes it..he is a control freak and will not take advice from anyone thats why you never see any high profile assistants by his side

Honestly, and despite the issues , when their were two owners , and even with the factional wars , we were seemingly better run.

I think this is the clubs biggest issue at present , followed closely by a coach living in the past.

no thumbs down from me.
I dont disagree thats a 2 owner model wouldnt be a good idea, however i think the previous model was a massive problem and was the start of our slide

It cost us dessie mk1, choc, keiran mk1, tooves our culture and succession planning and left a taint on our club only wtnessed once in my lifetime.

Players like stewies x 2 , kite, choc, foran, matai, matty ballin and kingy could have been coached by micky mouse and played well despite our off field issues. That does not mean the off field shanningans did not do the club enormous damage.There were mountains of journos writing about how outstanding that crop of players were while off field, the grown ups were pissing on the club with AVO's , fridgegate, checque cashing issues, leagus club boycots, mudslinging , and that issue of zorbas memorabillia being donated and then being used against them. I posted it last week maybe. The dogs have had the same types of issues off field on anf off and we are cuddle buddies vying to the worst team ever status

As long as Rugby League has been alive the belief of getting the front office right , then success on the field can follow has a proven success. We were a basket case and while a group of highly resillient individuals delayed the inevitable the club fed on ots own carcass and this resulted in unsavoury memories of our former champions.

We are dining out on the culture created in that time and while i wish the penns would sell its hard to blame them for the insular attitude they display these days .i can not imagine its the reide they envisaged when they jumped on board.

The constant search foe a CEO has really hurt our cause also

I only support manly, all the rest belongs in womens weekly magazine but we have never been manly since the day we axed tooves, and our culture was hanging by a thread as dessie left to become a doggy. Off field allegiences to secure funding created divides and grudges that ultimately cost us our soul

Those days are the biggest embarrasment to our club. More so than these results because it was about individuals and not about manly . too much misdirected anger in the name of passion for the club.

2 owners. Maybe. It didnt really work well for the rabbits either but they handled it with dignity , quietly

Max saved us, the penns continue to save us , but in between its pretty ugly and i suggest the penns probably feel like the team does currently. Not to many wins , despite there best intentions

I also wonder if our constitution aimed to protect and preserve the club may actually destroy it , and if selfish members may help facilitate that death by not being realistic. I love tradition but not enough to kill our club

Completely agree.

As a club, do we...

1. Reinvent ourselves, requiring funds and resources, acknowledging the challenges such as what you have raised.
2. Continue to fight as we are and accept we will never reach the heights of success we have enjoyed historically, or
3. Change our context. Remove ourselves from the current context of the NRL and go and play in a competition that better suits our size of operation and allows us to maintain our identity

Are there other choices that could be added to these?
1. That can't happen without new owners. Does anyone know how wealthy the Penns actually are? Most of their money came from licensing health stuff that seems outdated in the app era. Can they afford to sink the cash needed into the club and not care? I think no (going off membership value for money lol).
2. The zombie clubs - where we are. Get comfy we'll be here for a while.
3. Would be very sad but at the moment I don't think locals would care too much. There is a great deal of apathy towards to the club at the moment, mostly of their own doing by the constant infighting and bickering and then of course magnified by **** results. With everything going on I don't think people have the energy left to invest into caring much about them.

I guess the 4th option would be to find a second home to split games with that wouldn't disrupt the players too much (so no to Perth as the time zone thing and flights etc. would be a grind).

Read my post again feathered friend

Des won Grand finals with the same resources at Manly previously

If a coach can not build resilience in his players all the resources count for nothing

I agree lets see who we sign

But the fact is , Dean pay was not given the opportunity to sign any new players like Trent has and Trents new signing and all the staff resources at the dogs and on record he currently has coached the dogs down to the worst team in history
It is Trent's first year. Let's see if the Bulldogs are still a basket case in his third year...

Wasn't there talk of the owners of URM wanting to buy the club?
Whether the Penn's ever sell to new owners or not I don't think our club can continue like this long term.
We're being run like a local footy club in a National competition and the gap between us and the big clubs will widen.
It was like this in our last golden era but we were just lucky to have a group of excellent players so had success on the pitch but now we're sht both on and off the pitch.
As HK_Eagle has mentioned we need leaders with vision.
I don't know why our club hasn't actively tried to expand towards the North Shore. There are still old angry Bears supporters but the younger generation won't remember what the Northern Eagles were.

Not so much booted but the nrl offering $20-30 mil for the license and it's bye bye birdy.

And due to this a VERY big chance of not having their licence extended in the next TV round.

The QLD teams at the bottom will be safe , us and the Bulldogs will be in extreme danger of being booted.

The NRL will offer a severance deal ( I’d say 20-30 million ) and just relocate the licences to areas that are better funded and ready to go.

There’s at least three of them in the Brisbane area.

Perth may not be well funded but the timeslot they’d get would be gold for TV if they went down that route.
The Bulldogs are one of the wealthiest clubs in the game. Cash is not a problem for them. I think they will be okay. We are in trouble, I agree.

The Bulldogs are one of the wealthiest clubs in the game. Cash is not a problem for them. I think they will be okay. We are in trouble, I agree.

Genuine question ... how much money is needed to run a successful club ??

All players contracts and football office expenses paid for by the NRL .. yes you can spend over the football cap if you want to pay a surcharge ...

Leaves about 5/6 million to be funded by the clubs themselves ... gate takings, sponsorship, merchandising etc eats a fair way into this ... leaving clubs a shortfall of between 1 and 2 million a year to stump up .. in a bad year ..

So, how much money do you need to happily put your hand in your pocket ... and if you don't have it .. when you you decide to sell it to someone who can ..

Not so much booted but the nrl offering $20-30 mil for the license and it's bye bye birdy.
Again though mate, if this was on the NRL’s agenda then what would the point of that same organisation lobbying for the full Brookvale upgrade be?

Why push government for an upgrade if you didn’t have plans to use it.

It’s a cluster**** on field, however I don’t see any reason to worry about us being relocated or axed from the comp.

Is this why Harper has been named to start at FB for BSE and also the fact that Walker didn’t finish the game and has a hamstring injury? Funa has also been named at centre alongside Tuipolotu.

Round 10 maybe , my gut feel !

oh and “ compare the pair “

Sonic the Hedgehog currently on 450k and the Storm are offering him a 3 year extension at $800k and not interested in moving to another club for more $$$

Tommy Tissue on circa 1 million and has barely played a game in 12 months.

As I said nearly 2 weeks ago......
ALinda said:
Jake interviewed on Footy Show this morning said Tom should be back in round 6. There's hope yet, but all the talk's been around round 4 so who knows the truth.
Saw that too and had a quiet laugh to myself.

I said that as soon as it was claimed he'd miss the first 4 rounds, you could take that as 6 or 7 straight away.

I've got more faith in a real estate agent's expected sale price at auction than I do in the club accurately predicting when Tom will be back. When they start saying "he's ready but we don't want to rush him back" take it to be 2 weeks from then.

My guess....Round 10.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4