[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
are you suggesting this current team with one win in 14 games is showing "resilience "

Read my post again feathered friend ... are you suggesting Dessie has built resilience in this team ? ... and this is his 3rd year ..
No , there is certainly a miss understanding there

Des used to be able to build resilience in a team but since his last years at the Dogs and currently at Manly he has lost that winning feeling .
Des has been a champion but sadly all things come to an end as we are seeing it now

How is Trbojevic grounded ‘again’ it was always going to be this round coming or next.
That’s journos for you!!

Although ( and purely going on the past ) “ this round or next “ might be a bridge too far.

That hurts ... am/was a huge fan of Donny ... would love to know what is doing there .. has anybody heard anything from him recently ??
What are any of them doing? Probably telling anyone who will listen stories about 2008 & 2011 "mate how good were we..?" "Yeah but Dessie that was 10 years ago what have you done lately..?"

Des:
season 4 driven to tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Des You will always remain a Manly Legend

Sadly you have not remained a Great Manly coach

If you cannot win any more .Be gracious and walk away from breaking record loses and humiliating our club any more

Thanks for the memories

Mate at the moment we are Cracking

but something has to Click soon
Dunno mate , honestly I think there’s a whole lot of factors at play here , it looks to be a very very unhappy camp.

So based on this , “ clicking” or “ turnaround “ probably isn’t something we are going to be typing anytime soon.

Take a look at me, I'm yesterday's hero
Yesterday's hero, that's all I'll be
Take a look at me, I'm yesterday's hero
And yesterday's hero is all that I'm gonna be if I don't get together
Make a new start and be somebody better
All that I'll be if I don't get together now

Keep drinking the raspberry cordial mate .... are you suggesting this current team with one win in 14 games is showing "resilience "

At least Barrett has already signed Burton and Josh Ado Carr for next season ... taking positive steps ... let's see who we sign ..
Enough.
No
More
Barrett
Love ya Woodsie but it's just gotta stop.
Don't take the bait.
Barrett was a loser. Hasler is a loser.
What do they have in common?
The family Penn.
Focus on the main game.
I know you can do it.
Now get out there and give it your all!!!!

If we are to survive, and be a competitive entity in this competition, then I believe it is essential for us to find an extremely wealthy benefactor. Someone who has a desire to turn this club into a professional organisation and major brand. Someone who will put in place the right professional people and resources to build up this club and its attractiveness to sponsors, fans, and dare I say it, the NRL.

We have enjoyed incredible past success and have much to be proud of in our history. However, continuing to operate the way we do is not going to bring future success in this current professional climate. The game has evolved. Some clubs have it worked out, whether by good planning, sheer luck, or corruption. We haven't. It is embarrassing to have a team in a national professional sporting competition that is shambolic as we appear to be. It is even more embarrassing that we command such a large geographical area and yet turn up pitiful membership numbers and game attendances.

We need leaders who have big vision, political pull, corporate connections, and the resources to make things happen. We need to build a brand beyond the dinky quaint village we currently have.

Of course, under-resourced smaller teams are going to pull down the pants of the big boys every now and then, and it's great to see, ala Leicester 2016 in the EPL. And having the money and resources isn't going to guarantee success, see Broncos 2020 - present. However, it is the only way I see us continuing the proud history of success that we have enjoyed. The alternative is to stay as we are and be happy to make the finals or upset the big boys from time to time and hope we can stay afloat in the competition.

And I should say just to finish, I'd personally prefer to see us running around in a local Sydney competition if we are not able, or prepared, to evolve this club. Playing the game for fun, and following it down at the local grounds, while maintaining our identity is something I'm more than happy with.

Mate this isn't about Barrett. It's time to move on. It is clear though that the clubs support systems i.e Resources that all other coaches expect to have in a professional NRL team environment, have not been funded/supported adequately by the club's powerbrokers/owners for years.
Apart from the head coach issue, debated here enough, our assistant coaches have offered nothing for the past 5 years. We apparently can't identify or attract anyone capable of coaching just defence or just attack, or halves, backs or forwards. All areas poor and declining.

Dunno mate , honestly I think there’s a whole lot of factors at play here , it looks to be a very very unhappy camp.

So based on this , “ clicking” or “ turnaround “ probably isn’t something we are going to be typing anytime soon.
Yesterday Hero is accountable

He need to find a way . This is why is is getting the big money and that is he needs to make the big calls now

Big calls means Big changes

I am sick of our club being humiliated by record scores every week

Enough.
No
More
Barrett
Love ya Woodsie but it's just gotta stop.
Don't take the bait.
Barrett was a loser. Hasler is a loser.
What do they have in common?
The family Penn.
Focus on the main game.
I know you can do it.
Now get out there and give it your all!!!!

OKay ..

Attachments

• 1617411592909.png
    1617411592909.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 4
He's pretty much off social media. Hard to imagine that the death of a player when you're the head trainer wouldn't have the most enormous impact.
He spoke at a sports conference my son attended last week. No sign of any loss of confidence, but just performance cliches (no indication of real challenges).

If we are to survive, and be a competitive entity in this competition, then I believe it is essential for us to find an extremely wealthy benefactor. Someone who has a desire to turn this club into a professional organisation and major brand. Someone who will put in place the right professional people and resources to build up this club and its attractiveness to sponsors, fans, and dare I say it, the NRL.

We have enjoyed incredible past success and have much to be proud of in our history. However, continuing to operate the way we do is not going to bring future success in this current professional climate. The game has evolved. Some clubs have it worked out, whether by good planning, sheer luck, or corruption. We haven't. It is embarrassing to have a team in a national professional sporting competition that is shambolic as we appear to be. It is even more embarrassing that we command such a large geographical area and yet turn up pitiful membership numbers and game attendances.

We need leaders who have big vision, political pull, corporate connections, and the resources to make things happen. We need to build a brand beyond the dinky quaint village we currently have.

Of course, under-resourced smaller teams are going to pull down the pants of the big boys every now and then, and it's great to see, ala Leicester 2016 in the EPL. And having the money and resources isn't going to guarantee success, see Broncos 2020 - present. However, it is the only way I see us continuing the proud history of success that we have enjoyed. The alternative is to stay as we are and be happy to make the finals or upset the big boys from time to time and hope we can stay afloat in the competition.

And I should say just to finish, I'd personally prefer to see us running around in a local Sydney competition if we are not able, or prepared, to evolve this club. Playing the game for fun, and following it down at the local grounds, while maintaining our identity is something I'm more than happy with.
Really at this point who other than a private equity group would do it? And then if PE got involved, they either pump cash in, get it up to snuff and sell it on to another group and it's happy days and we are a competitive viable NRL club again or they sell the licence off it's game over.

Ultimately I think there are a group of clubs (that we are a part of) that the game and time has moved on from and it will be very hard for them to become an ongoing relevant factor again (when compared to I guess what you would label the super clubs - those that are well funded, good juniors, strong brand etc.)

And they comment on playing like sh!t for 4 games.....boys its been over a year now

Really at this point who other than a private equity group would do it? And then if PE got involved, they either pump cash in, get it up to snuff and sell it on to another group and it's happy days and we are a competitive viable NRL club again or they sell the licence off it's game over.

Ultimately I think there are a group of clubs (that we are a part of) that the game and time has moved on from and it will be very hard for them to become an ongoing relevant factor again (when compared to I guess what you would label the super clubs - those that are well funded, good juniors, strong brand etc.)

And due to this a VERY big chance of not having their licence extended in the next TV round.

The QLD teams at the bottom will be safe , us and the Bulldogs will be in extreme danger of being booted.

The NRL will offer a severance deal ( I’d say 20-30 million ) and just relocate the licences to areas that are better funded and ready to go.

There’s at least three of them in the Brisbane area.

Perth may not be well funded but the timeslot they’d get would be gold for TV if they went down that route.

Completely agree.

As a club, do we...

1. Reinvent ourselves, requiring funds and resources, acknowledging the challenges such as what you have raised.
2. Continue to fight as we are and accept we will never reach the heights of success we have enjoyed historically, or
3. Change our context. Remove ourselves from the current context of the NRL and go and play in a competition that better suits our size of operation and allows us to maintain our identity

Are there other choices that could be added to these?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6