[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
I do love how we still consider ourselves the silvertails of the game.

We

A. No longer have buckets of money
B. Big sponsorship deals or third party deals
C. The ability to go out and just buy players.

We have to produce players and to wrap the odd possible future troubled superstar into the mix. Eg- walker, Manise F etc etc.

Reading the continuous We should buy X or Y is living in lala land. Top players don't want to come to us. Sure you could do a Newcastle and pay so far over that you might get the odd good player but how's that worked out for them? How many titles?
I guess I agree with - B. No big sponsorship deals or third party deals - this is difficult in a crowded Sydney market but the more success we have the more enticing we will be. I did check out the sponsorships, and we seem to have many with even Wormald still down as a partner, we have a major sponsor in URM and then there are premier partners, senior partners, and a heap of just plain old partners and then there is our cut of the broadcasting dollars.
As for A. and C. it shouldn't really be a factor as the NRL has a salary cap and it seems that us (and most other clubs) spend as close to the cap limit as possible each season. If we did have space in the salary cap we could go out and just buy players.
All clubs try and produce players it is a very important part of being a successful team as is managing the salary cap.
Also, I believe that Manase was a player that we signed as a junior and developed. It was not until he was our established number 9, and we released Api, that he got into trouble. Maybe it diluted his value when they resigned him last season.

I do love how we still consider ourselves the silvertails of the game.

We

A. No longer have buckets of money
B. Big sponsorship deals or third party deals
C. The ability to go out and just buy players.

We have to produce players and to wrap the odd possible future troubled superstar into the mix. Eg- walker, Manise F etc etc.

Reading the continuous We should buy X or Y is living in lala land. Top players don't want to come to us. Sure you could do a Newcastle and pay so far over that you might get the odd good player but how's that worked out for them? How many titles?
It’s hilarious reading the we should make a play for Crichton, blah blah.

People, we apparently have over $3m tied up in just three players. We don’t have much room to manoeuvre.

I’m taking on all comers tonight

Attachments

• 9C1BAF30-2901-4E63-A207-A64189A692AA.jpeg
    9C1BAF30-2901-4E63-A207-A64189A692AA.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 69
I login and look at this thread when I see there’s new posts in the hope there’s been some magical fix and he’s good to go for round 1.

And each time I’m disappointed.

I woke up at 4.40am this morning, tried to get back to sleep and thought "Nope, I'm still annoyed at this situation. If true, how in the world can the most tested and probably close to strongest hammies in the nrl get hurt innocuously in the shower? I need to get onto Marks 6 stages of grief -or whatever- stat!"

Eventually went back to Zzzzzzzzz land.

Let me put the record straight here - I think he's a great player. Great ambassador for the game & an all round good bloke. I'm just so disappointed that he seems never to be on field these days. Would I have kept Gutho if I'd known & it was my choice... Hell yeah.

For $90,000, it’s not a bad pay day.

That would be in top of his $20,000 from us for not playing.
I wouldn’t mind that kind of money for doing exactly what I’m doing right now: not playing.
Tom costs us $42k per round, play or not plus:

If a player played State of Origin in 2020 for example his 2021 Contract includes a $20,000 State of Origin bonus. This bonus will be included in the player's 2021 Salary Cap Value. The NRL pays it but it comes off a clubs salary cap. If a club has 5 of it's players in SOO that's $100k of their cap gone for next year.

Tom didn't play SOO last year so his contract value against our cap this year is $1.1M(less any TPA's). If he plays SOO this year he will cost us $1.1M plus an extra $20k of our cap.

Every $20k helps.

Eg, if Tom plays 3 SOO games he gets $90k from the NRL plus $42k from us for every club game he plays or misses, plus he costs us $20k off our cap next year. If he misses 1 club game due to SOO he costs us $62k, misses 2 club games it's $104k, 3 games it's $146k... for nothing. SOO time for Tom earns him $236k if he plays all 3 games...regardless if he plays for us or not.

Just rambling.

Last edited:
Look what someone sent me.haha

Attachments

• 151694916_3728252540597988_3383613547054556860_n.jpg
    151694916_3728252540597988_3383613547054556860_n.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 41
I be wonder if this thread will become another Foran like thread .

It’s 2025 and we are still wondering if Tommy will play a season or his usual 2-3 games.

Stop it, Mark - don't articulate what we all dread and fear. You're going to put the hex on us…

If he has a few more years like this he’ll really have to consider that sport isn’t his destiny!

Otherwise he’s going to be a very very VERY expensive and useless, appendage.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4