[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters

Turbo is broken – but I know how to fix him, claims sprint guru​

Sprint king Roger Fabri has reached out to Tom Trbojevic to say he can “fix” the Manly star’s “chronic” hamstring issues.

Tommy Turbo was back in the news during the week when he revealed he had injured his “good hamstring” slipping in the bathroom. Trbojevic has only played 19 games in the past two years with a chronic left hamstring injury, but the latest injury was to his right leg and will keep him out of action for at least the opening month of the competition.
Trbojevic has been forced to defend himself after his now famous race down Manly Corso late last Saturday night against a young man called Harry. While the footage of the dash is now part of league folklore, the fallout is far more serious. With the season just around the corner Manly’s most vital player is sidelined and ashamed of his efforts. Having studied the vision, Fabri has a frank assessment of what happened on the night.
“I don’t doubt that Tommy hurt himself in the shower, but if I’m looking at the vision I see something in the first stride that he took,” Fabri said. “It’s a false step that he took. It stands out to me, but that’s not the issue here. What’s done is done. I’m sure he is getting the best advice and treatment at his club, but he has a chronic issue with his hamstrings.”
Fabri has helped Matt Moylan run better than he has for several seasons and he has battled similar issues to Trbojevic.
“I have offered to help him [Trbojevic] privately a number of times ... he probably thinks I am stalking him,” Fabri said. “Well now I will take it public because I think it’s got to the stage where he needs a change of approach.”

I interviewed Trbojevic before he injured himself to try to get some insight into what he was doing to work on his injury and he was very vague in his answers.

“I don’t want to bag anything they are doing at Manly, but I will tell you the way forward for Tommy in my eyes,” Fabri said. “This is what I do for a living ... it’s not a part-time job. I study this and live this. It sounds simple, but he needs to prioritise running. He needs to put everything else in his game to one side.
“Roger Federer doesn’t forget how to hit the ball in a month or two. He is not going to lose his skills. It will return very quickly, but his game is all about running. It’s all about educated mechanics in my eyes. And you can do all the work you want in the gym, and with pilates, but what he needs more than anything now is to expose himself to running fast, flat chat.
“You are going 70 per cent at training, but it’s that 30 per cent that is the difference. It’s where you need to go in the game.

Makes sense to me. And clearly what they’ve been doing isn’t working.

This guy has also reached out to Tommy. Quite literally.

6cccdeaac0dbe03cc9bd6694a54d9631.jpg

It is a bit copy pastey from last year though. Are we again going to paste the same this time next year.... I certainly hope not
The new year of optimistic positive hope is no copy and paste
The only thing that brings copy and paste is Negative attitudes feathered friend

Anyone with even a casual interest in sport science knows the issues with alcohol and soft tissue injuries. He might not have torn the thing running on the corso but he certainly would have at the very least put undue strain on the muscle which contributed to the injury (wherever else it occurred). He shouldn’t be drinking this close to the start of the season if he is a fair dinkum athlete. Even amateur sports people abstain from alcohol when it matters most. Tom had 1.1m reasons to abstain from drinking and running on concrete.
He is an idiot.

Anyone with even a casual interest in sport science knows the issues with alcohol and soft tissue injuries. He might not have torn the thing running on the corso but he certainly would have at the very least put undue strain on the muscle which contributed to the injury (wherever else it occurred). He shouldn’t be drinking this close to the start of the season if he is a fair dinkum athlete. Even amateur sports people abstain from alcohol when it matters most. Tom had 1.1m reasons to abstain from drinking and running on concrete.
He is an idiot.
He's what, 22 years old, out for a close mate and team mate birthday. Whilst he was likely drinking, he didn't look even close to being drunk. He also didn't look like he was putting in serious effort. Whilst not the best look, to say that athletes can't let their hair down on a Saturday night is a bit much.
If he has told the NRL fan to bugger off he'd have been in the papers for not "supporting NRL fans" and being a tosser. Lose lose situation for the bloke.

He's what, 22 years old, out for a close mate and team mate birthday. Whilst he was likely drinking, he didn't look even close to being drunk. He also didn't look like he was putting in serious effort. Whilst not the best look, to say that athletes can't let their hair down on a Saturday night is a bit much.
If he has told the NRL fan to bugger off he'd have been in the papers for not "supporting NRL fans" and being a tosser. Lose lose situation for the bloke.
Or he could have laughed it off and said you would probably beat me and walked away. Or told him hes not aloud to compete with fans due to risk of injury... or some other BS. I agree with Snake.. your a professional athlete.. for 10 years or so of your career.. try and stay clear of drugs and alcohol. Take your body to the limit and see how far you can go. Drink all you want when you retire. Not hard really. Dont care how old they are.. we are not being paid to look after our bodies. If my company offered me 1M a year.. to not drink for 10 years.. ill gladly accept.

He is an idiot.
Snake - spot on - exactly my comments - if he did tear it in the bathroom almost certainly it was caused by the Corso run. Not sure he is an idiot but a very very poor choice and showed his immaturity.

Memo Turboyevic - stay at home for the next ten years or until you retire, whichever comes first.

Far too much cap money is taken up by you, your older brother and DCE. That is structurally risky for the club’s short to medium term future.

So wake up, buck up, or expect to go arse up (at the hands of irate fans).

Memo Turbo

You are worth all the money that rare and Elite players like you are on

You have proven to be a Dynamic player and a match winner

Sht happens in life and great Sea eagles like you always rise above all the sets backs and the critics

Always remember just how great you are
and that Our greatest glory is not in falling but rising every time we fall

1553857327705.jpg

Enter the lickspittle.
I am never too far away feathered friend

Always just around the Silvertails forum corner

I love this place and I love passionate Manly club members and contributors like your good self that are the life line of our legendary club

I can fully understand your Passion and Frustration

I am never too far away feathered friend

Always just around the Silvertails forum corner

I love this place and I love passionate Manly club members and contributors like your good self that are the life line of our legendary club

I can fully understand your Passion and Frustration
Thanks feathered one. Somehow I knew you would respond.;)

I've mentioned James Tedesco a few times in relation to Turbos current injury run.
A few on here question if we should sell him or move him on.... well looking at Tedesco do we want to be the west tigers or the rooters?

Crunching some rough numbers Teddy has missed around 77 games due to injury. Most from his West tigers days when he had injury after injury. That's a full 2 ½ seasons.

Yes Turbo has had a bad run but at some point it will turn round. Do we want to benefit from that or watch as he tears it up at another club.... I vote he stays.....

I've mentioned James Tedesco a few times in relation to Turbos current injury run.
A few on here question if we should sell him or move him on.... well looking at Tedesco do we want to be the west tigers or the rooters?

Crunching some rough numbers Teddy has missed around 77 games due to injury. Most from his West tigers days when he had injury after injury. That's a full 2 ½ seasons.

Yes Turbo has had a bad run but at some point it will turn round. Do we want to benefit from that or watch as he tears it up at another club.... I vote he stays.....

I vote he stays (not that our votes mean anything) BUT we need to change HOW he rehabs, and WHO he rehabs with. We need a paradigm shift in how we manage Corso, and how he manages himself.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6