[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
Umm

this is terrible
This could never have happened in my day
hiw could someone one be so silly
Harry is a disgrace
Dock turbo and move him to centre
He is damaged stock
Let’s get some value
Trade him in

ummmm

did we ever allegedly have another full back with the same pedigree that was allegedly out for a short period with a hamstring strain after coming up sore at training the day after the battle of brookvale where a bro allegedly ran 50 metres to help a bro going toe to toe with by a drizzle jerk off

at the time he was seen rightly as a champion

fair dinkum all you manly champions
All is not lost

Get off turbo’s back and let him prove to us he is another champion that is full of class
Not long back he was seen as pivotal to the NSW and Oz team

If he beat Harry and we were there we would of cheered the house down but never fear, Parker and the boys have said they will never have fun again
That’s it never again

turbothechamp #
farkharry#
istillratetgesnake#

My biggest problem with the whole Turbo hand wringing misery is that it shows we still think of ourselves as a one man team. It's time for this to stop. Every other team doesn't have Turbo and they seem to do alright relying on 17 other players. We have some real gooduns. Time for them to step up and the coaching staff to get it figured.

Still can not get away from the reality that Turbo being at his best can regularly provide an X factor that simply does make that vital difference and those win - loss ratios are with or with out his presence , a pretty stark indication . Same with Snake and the list would go on . Only so much that a side can do to compensate for having a key player out , certainly not totally dependent on a player of Turbo 's ability but always a bit of a handicap when he is absent . To have the next best in his position is the challenge , hope the next couple of weeks will result in a good outcome in that regard .

Well we are used to playing without him lately. The big difference this year is we have added Foran, Saab, Tuipilotu, Harper. Guys like Schuster, Olakau-atu will get more game time. Guys like Birt, Burbo, Weekes and Koula are nearly ready.
We have so much more potency this year that we should be able to cover the loss of Turbo

Still can not get away from the reality that Turbo being at his best can regularly provide an X factor that simply does make that vital difference and those win - loss ratios are with or with out his presence , a pretty stark indication . Same with Snake and the list would go on . Only so much that a side can do to compensate for having a key player out , certainly not totally dependent on a player of Turbo 's ability but always a bit of a handicap when he is absent . To have the next best in his position is the challenge , hope the next couple of weeks will result in a good outcome in that regard .

If we can stay in touch during his absence we’ll be fine 3/6 might be ok , if we are 0/6 you can virtually miss a top 8 position goodbye.

We just have to have faith

Funa is a good trier there , did have some issues with defensive reads , maybe he can get a bit better., Harper could make a good go of it , Koula has plenty or raw , natural talent , if he can show something special tonight , could even be considered but maybe not quite ready . Is surely going to come into i st grade calculations as the season progresses however .

Funa is a good trier there , did have some issues with defensive reads , maybe he can get a bit better., Harper could make a good go of it , Koula has plenty or raw , natural talent , if he can show something special tonight , could even be considered but maybe not quite ready . Is surely going to come into i st grade calculations as the season progresses however .
With Koula and Weekes well and truly ready next year we certainly will have some strike and plenty of depth out wide. No doubt Taufua will be gone nextbyear and I've got my money on Walker also a certainty to be gone!
Also not sure we will hang on to Siro, too many young guys to upgrade and retain.
With Taufua, Walker and Siro departing we should be able to keep the rest of the squad together for the next 4 seasons and many of them beyond that. Im confident we are heading into another decade of dominance!

Well we are used to playing without him lately. The big difference this year is we have added Foran, Saab, Tuipilotu, Harper. Guys like Schuster, Olakau-atu will get more game time. Guys like Birt, Burbo, Weekes and Koula are nearly ready.
We have so much more potency this year that we should be able to cover the loss of Turbo
I like that positivity and if that new talent is used to the best effect , will go a long way to improve results and make up for Turbo 's absence in the early stages .

With Koula and Weekes well and truly ready next year we certainly will have some strike and plenty of depth out wide. No doubt Taufua will be gone nextbyear and I've got my money on Walker also a certainty to be gone!
Also not sure we will hang on to Siro, too many young guys to upgrade and retain.
With Taufua, Walker and Siro departing we should be able to keep the rest of the squad together for the next 4 seasons and many of them beyond that. Im confident we are heading into another decade of dominance!
guess that you are suggesting that Tippy Toes will be a serious centre contender soon . Doubt that Manly will be offering Walker anything more contract wise going forward , can still not discount that he can return to his best and that could be a factor but looks like Suli and Tippy Toes are definitely going to be in Manly 's plans going forward . Weekes still has to perform at a higher level but Schuster and Weekes and Koula[ [ and Olokau - atu ] are the type of young players who should be in the highest priority list to keep long term . That is when the premiership window will be really open and along with the more established players and other up and comers who can be part of it as well .

My biggest problem with the whole Turbo hand wringing misery is that it shows we still think of ourselves as a one man team. It's time for this to stop. Every other team doesn't have Turbo and they seem to do alright relying on 17 other players. We have some real gooduns. Time for them to step up and the coaching staff to get it figured.
Agree budgewoi eagle
We need to believe that
Turbo is a huge bonus and game changer
Needs to be not thought as a necessity for victory but one that can enhance a win

Haven't been around very much lately and just reading this thread.

Wow.

Could be worse - he could of signed of with Roosters for $400k because he wants to play in a team that wins a Grand Final.

Turbo is broken – but I know how to fix him, claims sprint guru​

Sprint king Roger Fabri has reached out to Tom Trbojevic to say he can “fix” the Manly star’s “chronic” hamstring issues.

Tommy Turbo was back in the news during the week when he revealed he had injured his “good hamstring” slipping in the bathroom. Trbojevic has only played 19 games in the past two years with a chronic left hamstring injury, but the latest injury was to his right leg and will keep him out of action for at least the opening month of the competition.
Trbojevic has been forced to defend himself after his now famous race down Manly Corso late last Saturday night against a young man called Harry. While the footage of the dash is now part of league folklore, the fallout is far more serious. With the season just around the corner Manly’s most vital player is sidelined and ashamed of his efforts. Having studied the vision, Fabri has a frank assessment of what happened on the night.
“I don’t doubt that Tommy hurt himself in the shower, but if I’m looking at the vision I see something in the first stride that he took,” Fabri said. “It’s a false step that he took. It stands out to me, but that’s not the issue here. What’s done is done. I’m sure he is getting the best advice and treatment at his club, but he has a chronic issue with his hamstrings.”
Fabri has helped Matt Moylan run better than he has for several seasons and he has battled similar issues to Trbojevic.
“I have offered to help him [Trbojevic] privately a number of times ... he probably thinks I am stalking him,” Fabri said. “Well now I will take it public because I think it’s got to the stage where he needs a change of approach.”

I interviewed Trbojevic before he injured himself to try to get some insight into what he was doing to work on his injury and he was very vague in his answers.

“I don’t want to bag anything they are doing at Manly, but I will tell you the way forward for Tommy in my eyes,” Fabri said. “This is what I do for a living ... it’s not a part-time job. I study this and live this. It sounds simple, but he needs to prioritise running. He needs to put everything else in his game to one side.
“Roger Federer doesn’t forget how to hit the ball in a month or two. He is not going to lose his skills. It will return very quickly, but his game is all about running. It’s all about educated mechanics in my eyes. And you can do all the work you want in the gym, and with pilates, but what he needs more than anything now is to expose himself to running fast, flat chat.
“You are going 70 per cent at training, but it’s that 30 per cent that is the difference. It’s where you need to go in the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4