[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
We already have those in spades Ryan, (Funa, Harper, Weekes, Koula, Saab, Tuipuluto) ... but getting another top class fullback would cost a minimum of $800k ...
That’s the problem with those that suggest TomT should move to the centres.If you pay $900K? for a centre,it leaves very little for a very good Fullback,which every successful club has and every team wants

One positive to come from these repeat injuries is that maybe his next contract extension might be a bit cheaper. I'm ok with Saab and Tuipulotu getting a run in the early rounds with him out. I just hope it is only four weeks.

I totally agree re the young guys getting a chance.
However what happens if Reuben is the fullback.
He was out of his depth last year and while Funa was better, he was always out of position in D. Unless these guys have improved 50% over last year, we will be looking at 0-4 / 1-3 at best.
Des needs a long term winger that can also easily handle fullback, so they can swap in and out of a game. Like Snake used to do with Hancock and Hiku.

What if you weren't doing any work for your 80K. Just sitting there watching the rest of the blokes graft away.
This argument cracks me up! All players get injured, that is the nature of the game.
And as we know many get injured even at training.
If they are doing their rehab and doing their training then they are doing their job, the 26 games per year is only one part of it.
And yes if we knew how many games he would miss his contract would have been far smaller, but we didn't. Them's the breaks.

What if you weren't doing any work for your 80K. Just sitting there watching the rest of the blokes graft away.
Are you implying Turbo has not been training and will now not be rehabbing?

Are you of the belief he is intentionally getting himself injured so he can watch the rest of the team play?

In my opinion for what it is worth. A few years ago there also was a fullback that was injury prone. From memory I don't think he played a full season for a few years 3-4. Than all of a sudden his injuries disappeared and started playing full seasons. The team West tigers, the player James Tedesco. in my opinion Tom is miles ahead of James at the same age. Yes he is injury prone at the moment but it will change he will get over it and than he will perform like a formula 1 car. We need to be patient and with a bit of time we will probably have the best fullback in the rugby league world. Be patient by feathered friends we have a player of prime blood stock and it will come through in the long run.

In my opinion for what it is worth. A few years ago there also was a fullback that was injury prone. From memory I don't think he played a full season for a few years 3-4. Than all of a sudden his injuries disappeared and started playing full seasons. The team West tigers, the player James Tedesco. in my opinion Tom is miles ahead of James at the same age. Yes he is injury prone at the moment but it will change he will get over it and than he will perform like a formula 1 car. We need to be patient and with a bit of time we will probably have the best fullback in the rugby league world. Be patient by feathered friends we have a player of prime blood stock and it will come through in the long run.
Tedesco had them earlier in his career. 18-20 years old. He also never ran as fast again. If he was playing with the same speed he used to possess, he would be an immortal.

I love Turbo however from a business perspective I think he costing us close to $60,000 a match he plays in if he plays at all.

It’s a really hard decision for the recruitment team as there is just so much uncertainty..

love the guy as a player but he’s a pussy with injuries.

Are you implying Turbo has not been training and will now not be rehabbing?

Are you of the belief he is intentionally getting himself injured so he can watch the rest of the team play?
You have to go back & read the thread......

I love Turbo however from a business perspective I think he costing us close to $60,000 a match he plays in if he plays at all.

It’s a really hard decision for the recruitment team as there is just so much uncertainty..

love the guy as a player but he’s a pussy with injuries.
100% agree but I’m sure Tigpies fans were saying the same about Tedesco.... look how that turned out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4