[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
At least we get a few weeks to get used to the idea Turbo won't be there. It gives us a trial game and a few weeks to prepare. Its not great and I'd be cautious on his return and wouldn't be rushing him back before at least Rd 6. Hopefully we can manage to be 3 from 6 without him!
2 from 6 and our top 4 chances are hit before the season really gets going!

It's apples and oranges as well all know. But, if your employer was paying you to undertake 25 projects a year (let's call these projects games) and you only performed 12 of those projects (or games) I'm Tipping your boss would not be happy, and would probably let you go, or would renegotiate until you had shown that you could sustain the required workload and that would come with a reduction of income.

You can't compare I know, but that's what happens in the real world if you don't perform or are unable to perform at the level you are employed as.
Okay let move away from comparisons, point is Turbos money is guaranteed unless he is in breach of contract.

Our options are pay him or pay another club to take him (which near all would)

I personally want Turbo in Manly colours

The frustrating part for me is that I have no idea how good this team could be. I suspect we would be very competitive but injuries keep cruelling us, and they are almost exclusively injuries to our most important players. Dylan Walker is also an injury waiting to happen. Just a decent run with injuries for a change is all I ask...and the Fainu situation, whilst not injury related, is just as frustrating.
ABSO****ENLUTELY!!!

One positive to come from these repeat injuries is that maybe his next contract extension might be a bit cheaper. I'm ok with Saab and Tuipulotu getting a run in the early rounds with him out. I just hope it is only four weeks.

Tigers' fan Harry says he doesn't think Turbo pulled up sore after the foot race

Manly and Trbojevic have denied this is the case, insisting his hamstring was hurt on Sunday morning.

Harry believes him, saying he saw no signs Trbojevic was hurt after their foot race, which the Wests Tigers supporter goaded him into taking part in.

“I thought I’d just ask for a photo … and then I thought I may as well shoot my shot, ask him for a race as well,” Harry told 2GB’s Ben Fordham.

“At first he said no but I sort of convinced him, then it was just off.

“I don’t think (Trbojevic pulled up sore).

“He was fine when he was walking off but I’m not the one to say whether he did it in the race or in the bathroom.

“Sorry that he had to lose the race, first of all. I hope he gets better. I honestly hope he gets better but it takes two to tango.”

Harry also said his mum and dad “think I’m a living legend” for beating one of the fastest players in the NRL.

I will put things in perspective for all the feathered friends on here ...

Boys will be boys

I still do some outrageous things . It only takes a moment of madness

And the fact is .
There is a little madness in all of us !!!

View attachment 17052

He was... in the bathroom.

Oh wait, I see what you're getting at.

Have to feel for Turbo. This kids are coming into the game so much younger these days. It's almost hard for them to enjoy their youth. They love the club and I have no doubt he would be hurting. Just get fixed up Turbo, come back stronger and get us to the GF.

I just got around to watching Turbo's & Des' pressers & cant say I saw any suss behaviour from Turbo in his?

He just looked genuinely devastated & sorry for yet another injury delaying his return.

It must be so frustrating for him & the pressure must be mounting in his mind as he's well aware of how much his injuries have impacted his career so far.

I also caught Dessie trying to crack a joke about how they call Turbo "Sorry" but another question about his treatment in Melbourne distracted from that.

Wasn't Dessie's nickname while playing "Sorry"? @:D

Time to move on as young Turbo will get better. Its what happens in the meantime that worries me. Last years selections were concerning. Whilst Elliott has left us, Hurricane Garrick, Funa and Harper were touted as replacements by the coach with no mention of Saab, Tuipulotu or Koula.

Agree, racing in the Corso not the best plan, and silly given his history .. but I was not addressing that issue .... I simply think the number of conspiracy theorists willing to call a good kid a liar without any evidence or prior form ... surprising ...
Woodsie - I respect your input on here and if he is telling the truth and he tears a hammy in the bathroom..... there is not a chance he can have a long career with the cut and thrust of this modern fast paced footy. What happens if it is slippery and wet - he surely can't play if he gets injured in the bathroom or if it starts raining - we take him off? The chance of anyone fit or unfit tearing a hammy in the bathroom is seriously like the Loch Ness monster sightings - a gazillion to one. If those hammies are that fragile and prone to tearing in the bathroom sadly his career is virtually over. That is not being a doomsdayer - that is the plain reality staring at us. BUT I think it wasn't the bathroom and was caused in some way by the Corso and by me thinking like that - yes he is telling a fib but I couldn't give a rats about the fib - it gives me hope that he ran when his hammies weren't warm, after a night on the drink and that is how the injury happened. Which means his hammies aren't totally like tissue paper and he can recover - especially if it is the other one. So my spin is to look at this in the best positive way considering it is a debacle and I still say... what a stupid stupid thing to do in the Corso. So yes I think from most viewpoints including medical the chances of a hammy tear in the bathroom...... A groin yes - easy to slip on the floor and tear a groin muscle - hammy especially if it is the "good" one really isn't so easy to do unless he did the splits or something. Just my view.

Last edited:
Exactly right, double hoops. No matter who the replacement is, he's Not Turbo, and that will probably dent team belief and morale. As for Tommy himself, remember when he came back late last season in that disastrous bid for an Origin spot? Apart from the fact that he buggered his shoulder, he was beyond woeful that day. Some of it was probably rust, but a lot of it would have also been lack of confidence. He'll need a run of games to get that back.
He hasn't had much luck this kid and i feel sorry for him. You mentioned how bad he was on return last season. Iv never seen a player play that bad to be honest, he was awful! Then he did his shoulder... now in some race or bathroom incident he has injured his OTHER hammy. This is very very concerning and i dont know if he can be the same player that we know and love. Very concerning indeed.

Aren't there plenty of those in the COVID vaccine? Can we get Tommy a spot in the queue?
What else is in there? Bill Gates tracking equipment/microchip..? Might help Manly keep tabs on his whereabouts on Saturday nights

1614061907023.png

C'mon Tommy, take the jab >:)

Have you considered that in the video, Tom doesn't appear to pull up lame ... and that a grade 2 tear would cause enough discomfort that everybody would have noticed him limping ... or that of the 20/30/or 50 people watching ... not one has gone on social media calling his story BS ... or does the conspiracy theory also include Parker and the rest of his team mates, plus Harry the Flash, his giggling mate and all the spectators ....

I don't know what happened either Ron E, but I am prepared to give a bloke who has never given any reason to doubt him the benefit of the doubt ..
What if the club who is paying him made him say that to protect his and the clubs image? Do you really think he did a grade 2 hamstring injury slipping in the shower? I just find it hard to believe? Are you also saying that the club has never given out misinformation to fans and the media? Woodsie, I love your work but If so, I've got a nice bridge near the harbour I need to clear quickly I could let you have it for $500K?

Anyway, how he got injured isn't the main point or my main concern. The main issue is that he plays a really tough sport and his body seems too fragile and is too injury prone for him to play it? In recent seasons he is injured and unavailable way more often than not and and our teams fortunes are too reliant on a player whose body can not be relied upon. Footy as you know is a tough business and although he is from all reports one of the best blokes in the world he is getting paid a **** load of money to play footy and his body just can't do it. As a result he represents a poor investment and his high salary and constant absence unbalances our salary cap and our team.

There is no easy answer and I am a sausage roll eating numb nut so I sure as hell don't know what the answer is? I'd sure as **** hate to be the guy who let him go but the constant will he make it back or won't he is just killing us?

When he is playing every time he makes contact or runs it always just feels like he is one hit up or tackle away from another long term injury.

#corsogate#sliponthefloorgate#hamigate

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4