[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
Nobody seriously wants him to go but you cant spend a big slab of your cap on someone to sit on the injury bench season after season. Especially when he gets injured on the piss down the corso... Then suddenly - he'll be right for origin 1.

I've mentioned James Tedesco a few times in relation to Turbos current injury run.
A few on here question if we should sell him or move him on.... well looking at Tedesco do we want to be the west tigers or the rooters?

Crunching some rough numbers Teddy has missed around 77 games due to injury. Most from his West tigers days when he had injury after injury. That's a full 2 ½ seasons.

Yes Turbo has had a bad run but at some point it will turn round. Do we want to benefit from that or watch as he tears it up at another club.... I vote he stays.....
Knees and ankles - not hamstrings. Very different.

Compare teddy and gutho. Not turbo and gutho.
ACL’s are severe injuries. But it is a different kettle of fish compared to hamstrings. I just don’t know if Tom can get over the hamstring strains. It’s just a cycle now...

Teddy was also done with his serious injuries by 21/22 years of age, turbo is still plagued at a much older (in terms of the span of a career) age.

It’s really not an accurate comparison.

This guy has also reached out to Tommy. Quite literally.

6cccdeaac0dbe03cc9bd6694a54d9631.jpg
Haha, I had the old stretch Armstrong when I was a kid.

Unpopular or popular opinion: we should throw the bank at Ryan Pap for our fullback spot. (Any 3rd parties willing?)

Unpopular or popular opinion: we should throw the bank at Ryan Pap for our fullback spot. (Any 3rd parties willing?)
I do love how we still consider ourselves the silvertails of the game.

We

A. No longer have buckets of money
B. Big sponsorship deals or third party deals
C. The ability to go out and just buy players.

We have to produce players and to wrap the odd possible future troubled superstar into the mix. Eg- walker, Manise F etc etc.

Reading the continuous We should buy X or Y is living in lala land. Top players don't want to come to us. Sure you could do a Newcastle and pay so far over that you might get the odd good player but how's that worked out for them? How many titles?

Turbo looks happy in the team launch photo. He'll learn and come back better than ever. Man, he is a massive unit

As for how he injured his hammy, none of us on here really know. But if he did mess up, then I'm sure he'll think twice before making the same mistake again. Who hasn't stuffed up many times during the course of their own life?

I don't get why people expect social perfection when it comes to football players? Just because they are talented athletes on a good salary? It's ridiculous, sh1t happens.

We should start a Silvertails martyrs thread in honour of the many fine upstanding saints who post on here.

Knees and ankles - not hamstrings. Very different.

Compare teddy and gutho. Not turbo and gutho.
ACL’s are severe injuries. But it is a different kettle of fish compared to hamstrings. I just don’t know if Tom can get over the hamstring strains. It’s just a cycle now...
Quick Google medical search?

Hamstring strain injuries (HSIs) are the most prevalent injury in a number of sports, and while anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries are less common, they are far more severe and have long-term implications....

Obviously one opinion from a medical site but I would say serious knee injury is much worse overall.

My cousin was a very good sportsman. Played to very high rep levels in the amateur world. Rugby league in the winter, cricket fast bowler in the summer.

103kg 6 ft 5... had multiple hamstring tears and knee injuries. He's no 48 and has just had his 1st knee replacement 2nd booked for next year.

It's obviously down to the individual but as far as he was concerned the knees were much worse and career ending compared to his highly strung hamstrings.

Turbo can take Walker's spot in the centres to lessen the running metre's. The less Turbo runs the better.
When Turbo returns, the back line should look like tthis (if I was coach, which I'm not, never coached, never even played the game, so feel free to ignore anything I write after this sentence).
1.Dylan Walker
2. Reuben Garrick
3.Tom Trbojevic (Siro just might pass the ball to Turbo)
4. Moses Suli
5. Jason Saab

Turbo looks happy in the team launch photo. He'll learn and come back better than ever. Man, he is a massive unit

As for how he injured his hammy, none of us on here really know. But if he did mess up, then I'm sure he'll think twice before making the same mistake again. Who hasn't stuffed up many times during the course of their own life?

I don't get why people expect social perfection when it comes to football players? Just because they are talented athletes on a good salary? It's ridiculous, sh1t happens.

We should start a Silvertails martyrs thread in honour of the many fine upstanding saints who post on here.

There’s a Saint Mark but no Saint Kevin, so you miss out mate !!

Haha, come on mate, it's all about inclusively these days isn't it? Saint Kev, rolls of the tongue nicely.
Saint Kevin is an Irish saint, known as the founder and first abbot of Glendalough in County Wicklow, Ireland. His feast day is 3 June.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6