[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
Oh what a total shambles. I am a huge Tom /Jake fan but this is just a joke. I don't believe for one minute the bathroom story. But just why is someone with problematic hammies even thinking he could run after a few beers I gather, without warming up and doing all the things he has been doing over the last 4 months to prevent any issues? Now lets say he didn't do it on the Corso - the run might well have tightened the hammy for the bathroom slip. And if he really did tear the hammy in the bathroom slip he is the ultimate biodegradable man - always breaking down. Not much hope of a career ahead of you tear your hammy in the bathroom. Now this isn't illegal stupid like Walker's episode is potentially but this is equally as stupid. Stupidity that is going to cost us massively...... again! When will these morons get a few brain cells between them - Fainu, Walker, Thompson and now Turbo who we expect better decision making from. Beers and footballers and beers and footballers after dark...... just trouble and disaster waiting to happen. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Serenity Now.... Hoochie Mumma!
The Bruce Reid of rugba league.

Des handles crisis with the press brilliantly. Des is a thinker and is very careful about what he says and he doesn't throw his players under a bus and stands behind each and every one of the squad through thick and thin. I know I blow up about his selections but Des is master class IMO. Quite the contrast to our previous coach when dealing with the press. It's about time the players started to return in kind with their performance on and off the field. Des would be the perfect coach if he asked me to pick the side each week!

Ha, you know you cant just decide to renegotiate?

The options are pay him or let him negotiate elsewhere and pay some of the freight.

If both parties were amenable to a renegotiation they surely could. Players manage to get upgrades all the time, these are renegotiations surely.

No way the nrl would allow it, but in theory there is no reason why it couldn't happen. I'm not just saying the club can make the decision.

Can we not lose sight of the fact that at this stage we are looking at 3 games......3 games.

And yes yes I know you will all jump up and down " history has shown it will be 46 games" yada yada yada

But at this stage the info we have to hand indicates 3 games, maybe lets all just take a deep breath and wet the bed when it warrants wetting

Seriously mate if you think it’s three games then good for you , this is Tom we are talking about and you just know it’ll be a lot more.

If he comes back in three, he injures it again the first game and is out for six months.

I’d almost bet something like 8 weeks even 10 would be more like it AND even then he may well blow it first game back.

Maybe he needs 12 months away from the game to fully recover.

Moved here 3-4 years ago due to that colour system in Saffa cricket, has dominated the domestic scene every year waiting to be eligible

Back on topic to Tom, it is quite amusing to see some people say the club have been hiding this injury for weeks while also spraying him for doing it on Saturday night !! Also finding it amusing that he is stupid for having a trot the other night, soon he won’t be allowed to pick up a box of Barrett’s leftover furniture because that will be irresponsible
BTW I do think it was ****en stupid for a guy with his history doing that but the main point about #corsogate or #bathroomslipgate is that whatever the reason for his injury it just shows how fragile he is for that injury to be constantly recurring. It's such a shame, we all love the guy and know at his best how good he is. It's obviously frustrating to have so much of our salary cap tied up with a player who just can't consistently get on the field and it ****s the whole balance of the team.

I don't believe the club on how it happened and I also don't believe the 3 or 4 games out story either. Even when he does come back it seems that as he is so susceptible to that injury it is only a matter of time before it happens again.

I was speaking with someone who works in the Manly rehab team a month or so ago and they told me his shoulder is also a major concern.

Last edited:
I dont see the issue with him racing as long as he was doing sprint work at training un assisted. Its a new injury on the other leg , he hasnt reinjured the same hammy

It sux but its life.

In saying that he probably ran cold , without warm up which i would suspect was a no no. As he was out he probably had his wallet in his back pocket which added to his load.

I do feel sorry for the guy though. it was an act that would have reaffirmed his status of top bloke if it didnt end so badly. Similar to cherry chugging the beer at the cricket, without him falling off the grandstand

I remember tim brasher retiring from the cowboys due to an off field incident, falling off a ladder was the trot out line but off road motor bike accident was the story that floated about town. Luckily for him the same tech was not about . Poor bastard probably would have owned a smart ladder that turned up as a witness

Look i love the fact he had a run down the corso on a night out.
He wasn't smacking some girl around. He wasn't fighting and he wasn't bringing the club into disrepute....
he was just having a laugh.
Of course its a chap result but things will get better. Look at tedesco. Perfect case in point. What age was he before his glass body stopped breaking? 24/25?

I ask you all one simple question amongst the bitching thats going on. Who here let's him go to another side? You have your chance right now.... no pay cut. No renegotiation of contract. Just cut the losses and let him walk.
I sure wouldn't..... but thats just me.

Moved here 3-4 years ago due to that colour system in Saffa cricket, has dominated the domestic scene every year waiting to be eligible

Back on topic to Tom, it is quite amusing to see some people say the club have been hiding this injury for weeks while also spraying him for doing it on Saturday night !! Also finding it amusing that he is stupid for having a trot the other night, soon he won’t be allowed to pick up a box of Barrett’s leftover furniture because that will be irresponsible

Jeez he played well , the absolute difference between the two teams.

I expect you guys to win all the games now , we really only have two decent batters and neither are playing this series.

He wasn't smacking some girl around. He wasn't fighting and he wasn't bringing the club into disrepute....
Of course its a chap result but things will get better. Look at tedesco. Perfect case in point. What age was he before his glass body stopped breaking? 24/25?

I ask you all one simple question amongst the bitching thats going on. Who here let's him go to another side? You have your chance right now.... no pay cut. No renegotiation of contract. Just cut the losses and let him walk.

I’d agree with that but it’s still ****ing frustrating isn’t it ???

BTW I do think it was ****en stupid for a guy with his history doing that but the main point about #corsogate or #bathroomslipgate is that whatever the reason for his injury it just shows how fragile he is for that injury to be constantly recurring. It's such a shame, we all love the guy and know at his best how good he is. It's obviously frustrating to have so much of our salary cap tied up with a player who just can't consistently get on the field and it ****s the whole balance of the team.

I don't believe the club on how it happened and I also don't believe the 3 or 4 games out story either. Even when he does come back it seems that as he is so susceptible to that injury it is only a matter of time before it happens again.

I was speaking with someone who works in the Manly rehab team a month or so ago and they told me his shoulder is also a major concern.
The frustrating part for me is that I have no idea how good this team could be. I suspect we would be very competitive but injuries keep cruelling us, and they are almost exclusively injuries to our most important players. Dylan Walker is also an injury waiting to happen. Just a decent run with injuries for a change is all I ask...and the Fainu situation, whilst not injury related, is just as frustrating.

Last edited:

Manly or medical retirement. No other options
Hopefully by round 10 we will all be laughing about this schiit with Tommy burning down the house.

Just hope that it is only four matches out for Turbo , Might have been feeling good fitness wise and a bit of a drinking session included but just such a dumb and careless action to be stretching out unprepared and with so many injury issues causing so much grief for him and Manly for the past few seasons . Would not pay too much attention to the fact that this Harry was out sprinting him on the night or whatever the ' race ' consisted off , plenty of very speedy guys in a big city or anywhere who may be able to motor , but are not playing top level footy or higher level competitive or active sport for whatever reason . Terrible situation with him being unavailable on a completely avoidable incident , ideally he can come back in round 5 and then is totally focused on producing his best and top level form .

If both parties were amenable to a renegotiation they surely could. Players manage to get upgrades all the time, these are renegotiations surely.

No way the nrl would allow it, but in theory there is no reason why it couldn't happen. I'm not just saying the club can make the decision.
Ummm yes sure but personally If my employer came to me and was like, hey, your 120k.....shalk we make it 80?

I'd tell them to go jump

Seriously mate if you think it’s three games then good for you , this is Tom we are talking about and you just know it’ll be a lot more.

If he comes back in three, he injures it again the first game and is out for six months.

I’d almost bet something like 8 weeks even 10 would be more like it AND even then he may well blow it first game back.

Maybe he needs 12 months away from the game to fully recover.
Meh, I'll get upset about things when they happen

For now the advice is 3 rounds so I'll take that at face value.

If it ends up being more then so be it

Say 3 players on say almost 400k each. Jeez, or two players and 550k each. Whatever. Just a warm body that actually can make the playing field

We already have those in spades Ryan, (Funa, Harper, Weekes, Koula, Saab, Tuipuluto) ... but getting another top class fullback would cost a minimum of $800k ...

Cannot believe the number of people prepared to call .. someone, who up until yesterday was the pride of the club, both on and off the field, a remarkable young man from a wonderful family ... a liar and a flog and call for him to be thrown on the scrap heap ...

All because they are the masters of reading between the lines ...

I guess at the end of the day .. fans are just like footy players .. there are some very ordinary ones out there ...

Funnily enough, recent history had kind of prepared me for the next Turbo injury but the thing I dreaded most - Hasler's stubborn selections - seemed to resonate badly yesterday with the mention of Garrick for fullback. I can't. I just can't.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8