[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
Always a Turbo fan and knew he was capable of what he’s done. However I can totally understand people’s views around his value due to injury issues. He’s been injury prone something chronic. Let’s hope he stays fit and fires us into a finals run! I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t anxious most times he takes the field. And I hate feeling that way and I’m sure I’m not alone.

The continual shut down of people who were questioning if Tommy may need to relinquish his spot if he was to cop further serious injury.
Dont let Facts get in the way of your story spinning champ.

Because i love a multi quote these days ive gone back 25 pages to look at all the continual shut down posts as you say. There may be more but who has time to search that far?

I can see 7 posts out of over a few hundred and out if those 7 i can't really see many shutting down posts as you say so again i ask show me the facts.

I do love how some people love to take a stance then when **** swings around act like they didnt. Joy of everything being written down i guess is that fact is fact no matter how much one doth protest.
Look i love the fact he had a run down the corso on a night out.
He wasn't smacking some girl around. He wasn't fighting and he wasn't bringing the club into disrepute....
he was just having a laugh.
Of course its a chap result but things will get better. Look at tedesco. Perfect case in point. What age was he before his glass body stopped breaking? 24/25?

I ask you all one simple question amongst the bitching thats going on. Who here let's him go to another side? You have your chance right now.... no pay cut. No renegotiation of contract. Just cut the losses and let him walk.
I sure wouldn't..... but thats just me.

I've mentioned James Tedesco a few times in relation to Turbos current injury run.
A few on here question if we should sell him or move him on.... well looking at Tedesco do we want to be the west tigers or the rooters?

Crunching some rough numbers Teddy has missed around 77 games due to injury. Most from his West tigers days when he had injury after injury. That's a full 2 ½ seasons.

Yes Turbo has had a bad run but at some point it will turn round. Do we want to benefit from that or watch as he tears it up at another club.... I vote he stays.....

I do love how we still consider ourselves the silvertails of the game.

We

A. No longer have buckets of money
B. Big sponsorship deals or third party deals
C. The ability to go out and just buy players.

We have to produce players and to wrap the odd possible future troubled superstar into the mix. Eg- walker, Manise F etc etc.

Reading the continuous We should buy X or Y is living in lala land. Top players don't want to come to us. Sure you could do a Newcastle and pay so far over that you might get the odd good player but how's that worked out for them? How many titles?

Quick Google medical search?

Hamstring strain injuries (HSIs) are the most prevalent injury in a number of sports, and while anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries are less common, they are far more severe and have long-term implications....

Obviously one opinion from a medical site but I would say serious knee injury is much worse overall.

My cousin was a very good sportsman. Played to very high rep levels in the amateur world. Rugby league in the winter, cricket fast bowler in the summer.

103kg 6 ft 5... had multiple hamstring tears and knee injuries. He's no 48 and has just had his 1st knee replacement 2nd booked for next year.

It's obviously down to the individual but as far as he was concerned the knees were much worse and career ending compared to his highly strung hamstrings.

A lot on here won't like the stats. View attachment 17428

Our run in 2019 without Turbo was bookended by Elliot. Sure not an attacking genius but obviously a pretty good defensive option.

So many calling for Him yk be sent packing would probably welcome him back right now I would guess.

The article in question highlights why we have leaked so many points over the last 11 matches. FB is the glue that holds the defence together.

If and When Tom get sback and fit I guarantee we will at least halve the amount of points being put on us.

Thing is those that would have shipped out the turbo back in March are probably cheering the loudest now. Very hard to have it both ways.

What point is the @CJAeagle ? Do tell please....

Dont let Facts get in the way of your story spinning champ.

Because i love a multi quote these days ive gone back 25 pages to look at all the continual shut down posts as you say. There may be more but who has time to search that far?

I can see 7 posts out of over a few hundred and out if those 7 i can't really see many shutting down posts as you say so again i ask show me the facts.

I do love how some people love to take a stance then when **** swings around act like they didnt. Joy of everything being written down i guess is that fact is fact no matter how much one doth protest.
Not sure it was on this thread or not but anyway no need to take it to heart too much. We’re all friends around here, play on @Eagle of London

Everyone is stoked to see how well Tommy is playing. For the record I never wanted him shipped out but I will admit I said then he was possibly one more serious away from having to make a big decision for him and the team. We all know what he’s capable of when he’s fit!

Next thing we'll hear is that he is under an injury "cloud".
Where is this mysterious cloud to which sports journos often refer?

Hopefully he will take a leaf from the maroon playbook and drag himself from a hospital bed with gaffa tape on his hammy to play nsw into victory

If he does im sure a maroon player will be back from the grave , announced dead on Tuesday but plays a starring role for qld on weds .

Seriously ( whilst this isn’t directly relative to Tom).

I saw that... a couple of things I took from it:

• Proves our depth is way better than it gets credit for. We only have one player we can’t replace!
  • Shows how good the Storm system is
  • Also shows how lucky Penrith/Parra have been with injuries and how much of a difference it makes to play with your best team every week

Yep. Our fitness, injury and recovery prevention department doing well again. I seem to have heard this same tune playing for the last 10 years.
They’ve been playing the same music for a long time now and even Donny hasn’t changed anything

TURBO IS OK. NO BAD HAMMY NEWS.....

Sorry to scare so many with this thred popping back up the top of the tree but all is ok.

Jut read an article on the SMH re tommys Hammys and one paragraph really caught my attention.

A direct quote from Dr Nathan Gibbs.

'“I know that sounds so basic. But this high-intensity sprint training is what has really turned him around. We’ve introduced it since the Corso incident, which was well publicised, and [Manly physio] James Rahme has really got it up and running. The best thing is this program has not only got Tommy back playing and free of injury, it’s also got him playing bloody well.”'

Does anyone else see the cracker fact in that quote? If of course its a factual word for word quote of course.

Sorry to scare so many with this thred popping back up the top of the tree but all is ok.

Jut read an article on the SMH re tommys Hammys and one paragraph really caught my attention.

'“I know that sounds so basic. But this high-intensity sprint training is what has really turned him around. We’ve introduced it since the Corso incident, which was well publicised, and [Manly physio] James Rahme has really got it up and running. The best thing is this program has not only got Tommy back playing and free of injury, it’s also got him playing bloody well.”'

Does anyone else see the cracker fact in that quote? If of course its a factual word for word quote of course.
And the fish tale was ---- drum roll....

At least we now know that the Trbojevic family no longer have a bathroom hazard.

That's rather astute of you to pick that up. Yes, I'll pay that one....

this thread should only scare people if the title changes from:

Injury Injury healthy update to...

Injury Injury healthy injury update!

So you're good. haha cough

and Gibbs speaking highly of Rahme, who'd of thought Buzz was f.o.s!!!! (everyone)

and Gibbs speaking highly of Rahme, who'd of thought Buzz was f.o.s!!!! (everyone)
Didn't the Booze piece report that it is Donnie and Gibbs that don't talk, not Rhame?

I would imagine a club doctor would have a lot of interaction with the club physio but maybe even none with a conditioner anyways. Who knows? We definitely know Booze is full of crap and I can't imagine anyone at all at MWSE even talking to him. Zorba is another matter.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6