[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
When they've gone once the chance of a recurrence is increased, so we just have to live with it and work around it. I think we are on the right track by getting more fast players in the squad and getting another general (Foran). Basically we just have to be less reliant on Turbo and make sure we're ready to go all the way and win the comp when he's healthy!

It will, and if he is out for most of 2021 then hard decisions have to be made. Wouldn't be as bad if he was on 200-300k but 1.2m means superstar and needs to be on the field. Same as any workplace.
As much as i love Tommy and the hard work he puts in and his amazing ability, he has to perform consistently.
Chronic injuries really suck becuase you can go from feeling better than ever to majorly incapacitated in one second.
I wish him well and i dont think its selfish but id tell him to take the next year or two off rep footy.

When they've gone once the chance of a recurrence is increased, so we just have to live with it and work around it. I think we are on the right track by getting more fast players in the squad and getting another general (Foran). Basically we just have to be less reliant on Turbo and make sure we're ready to go all the way and win the comp when he's healthy!
Yep he has to be managed now. Can't be the go to man every single set. He's got to pick his moments to attack, be less involved and more selective. Quality not quantity now. Needs to be rested from selective games and NO,NO,NO,NO SOO.

The body does not benefit from being rested

The body is at its peak performance when it is worked

I am not a fan of this half hearted stuff

It is all or nothing !!!

We should not play and live in fear. We should just be fearless

If it is meant to happen it will happen regardless

We should have a plan B and B/happy
FearLess.jpg

Last edited:
Mate i have a whole heap of those cards somewhere.. if i find them ill post a few pics

My memory is all the Manly players who went with the long pants ending up leaving! Jack, Chris Ryan, Ivan Cleary. Only Danny Moore forged on!

Once the NRL clubs realise its a way they can add sponsor space to the team strip, the long pants will be back!

l_1994%20series%20sub%20set%20card0023.jpeg

I find it funny how not one player today wears shoulder pads or chest guards or Torpedoes... I wonder why and when did it change?
Obvs Spud and The Chief were big on the pads. Sirro snr and blocker had pretty big pads if i recall correctly....
when did they disappear from the game?

Didn't the whole St George side in the late 90's wear those Torpedoes ?? I think they were supposed to stop corks in the thigh weren't they ? Quick fad that died out after a couple of seasons
They would be useless today ad there are no leg tackles.

I find it funny how not one player today wears shoulder pads or chest guards or Torpedoes... I wonder why and when did it change?
Obvs Spud and The Chief were big on the pads. Sirro snr and blocker had pretty big pads if i recall correctly....
when did they disappear from the game?
Shoulder pads is an interesting one, so many players these days get serious shoulder injuries. Maybe the pads were proved to be useless?

We have lacked real depth in our backs for the last few years so the new signings introduce, talent and real speed out wide. We can now move Walker back to his centre position and with Suli fit we have a great back line. Turbo hamstrings have been looked at by experts and are being managed as well as they can by the club. I hope Turbo stays fit but at least we have an effective contingency plan.

I am going to take the positive line with Turbo in that he can have a much better run with injuries and bearing in mind that it has not only been his hammies that have been a problem but also his shoulders both at the end of last season and 2019 . Just working on the premise that he is surely due for some improvement on the injury front . Not relevant now of course but even allowing for some select passing issues , Elliot actually was a very able back up when Tom was previously out , Funa has done O k , no idea with Saab but just have the impression that he is mainly wing suited , Tippytoes could be a bit more versatile , bit early for Weekes . Albert Hoppa could maybe have shaped up there but don't think that he will really be missed at all as things have panned out now .

Shoulder pads is an interesting one, so many players these days get serious shoulder injuries. Maybe the pads were proved to be useless?
I remember the Bulldogs pack of the late 80's were accused of wearing the hard fibreglass ice hockey style shoulder pads. Would put a bit of extra sting in the hit

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10