• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is is possible that all new members who sign up to Silvertails only be allowed to make 1 post on the day they sign up maybe only to the Welcome and Introductions Forum.

We are going to get hammered when/if we get beaten in the next three weeks.

We have thought about this, but decided its a hindrance to people that do want to actually contribute. For every troll we are also getting a bunch of new members. Making it more difficult to post is not the answer. The answer is for people to ignore the trolls.

We are working hard at keeping them to a minimum and removing their voice as soon as is possible. It is however a large and difficult task, so please bear with us, and do you best to just ignore the troublemakers.

We need to remember we have a lot of members who are perhaps not as technologically savvy as the rest, and placing road blocks in their way to sharing their thoughts and comments is ultimately not going to help the issue.

Lets just keep talking footy and keep talking Manly and foster the atmosphere and community that we want to be a part of, free of hatred and vilification and then that will simply spread.

The leadership team are doing a fantastic job at a thankless task so far

Well, it's thankless 'cause we dunno who they are!

:p

On another note.... the list of who's online at the tops of the forums has disappeared.

Something I did, or you guys?
@[Daniel]

globaleagle said:

On another note.... the list of who's online at the tops of the forums has disappeared.

@[Daniel]

Something I did, it adds overheads to the pageload times and I thought looked a little ugly.

I will get a team page up for the leadership team so you know who they are but roughly

ManlyBacker
Jatz Cracker
Jethro
niccipops
Fro
Chip & Chase
Clontaago
Canteen Worker
Matabele
Kiwi Eagle

I think that's everyone

Daniel said:
globaleagle said:

@[Daniel]

Something I did, it adds overheads to the pageload times and I thought looked a little ugly.

I will get a team page up for the leadership team so you know who they are but roughly

ManlyBacker
Jatz Cracker
Jethro
niccipops
Fro
Chip & Chase
Clontaago
Canteen Worker
Matabele
Kiwi Eagle

I think that's everyone

Cheers for that. Most of the time I am on, I'm almost all alone anyway as aust needs it's sleep.

Plus - my thanks to the guys and gals of the above list! :)

and you are the one that needs the most regulating too...we need to fix this. Thought Police get in here.

:) j/k

hahahaha

*the revolution is now brothers*

ooops.

Feels weird not seeing who is on but I understand the 'programming'

I think a vote to kick troll button could be handy and after x amount of votes a moderator would review and if found to be trolling just boot

Report is to much effort for most

People consistently post and whinge about the trolls and reply to them, yet reporting the posts is too much effort? That's fairly flawed logic. The onus isn't on us to constantly monitor everyone

I thought reporting a troll = 1 click of a button? That's not too much effort.

What stops me is when I know there's an obv troll but hasn't been too bad (yet) I tend to let them be.

I don't know whether its kosher to report them when they go "we're gunna beat you lol @ manly" -because I usually don't when they just do that. I'm prob going to post gifs of ban hammers or;

When they obv cross the line then everyone usually reports them anyway.

Dan's right, it's not up to his onus to monitor us, that's the Govt's job!

Whats the go with the total random posts from new members.
The post above for example and susanlewis?? audrey someone is another.

Clint said:
Whats the go with the total random posts from new members.
The post above for example and susanlewis?? audrey someone is another.

These are spammers, their goal is to get in, put what sounds like a normal post in and get the link put into the post. Basically the idea is permanently get a link on a high PR site like ours.

So anytime you see them please report them and I will get rid of them

ok mate.
They appear to lob into the "welcome & introductions" area first.

I will keep an eye out.

yeah that is where I pick them up.

The reason they post in there first is due to post restrictions on the other forums. They need to have 2 posts before posting in other forums and need several posts before their signature appears

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2