Triple M Footy Forum on Friday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/blog/triple-ms-friday-footy-forum--have-your-say/20110307-blv5.html

get on and post a comment and add STs url as well
http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?board=2.0

This Friday, Triple M's footy-mad breakfast show The Grill Team is inviting the NRL's biggest decision-makers on the show for a frank round table discussion centred on the future of Sydney's beloved footy game, the mighty NRL.

"The Triple Mooty Forum is the perfect opportunity for Triple M to have all the big hitters from Sydney's most popular game in one room at the one time to answer all your questions," Triple M Sydney's Grill Team host Mark "MG" Geyer said of the Footy Forum.

Triple M's most passionate footy fans will be in the audience and will have the chance to approach the NRL's power brokers, air grievances and make sure the NRL know what matters to the most important players in the game - the fans. Join the conversation at the Grill Team's Facebook page.

Triple M's first ever Footy Forum will feature:

Dan Ginnane - Dead Set Legends & Monday Night Football host
Mark "MG" Geyer - Triple M's Penrith Panthers legend
David Gallop - CEO, The NRL
Todd Greenberg – CEO, The Bulldogs
Greg Florimo – Boss, Central Coast Bears
David Garnsey – CEO, NRL Players Association
Paul Kent – Sports Journalist, Daily Telegraph

What would you change about the NRL? Comment below!

Captain Kickass says
My idea : The re-introduction of a pre-season comp.

- Sell the rights to it off as a separate package - Money to be used to fund operations and prizemoney.

- Pool 32 teams in a knockout format. Include invitational regional teams (like Atherton roosters), include NSW/QLD cup teams, include a "Combined WA", include PNG, and other expansion areas.

-Comp goes for 6 weeks : 3 during the pre-season. 3 during Origin weeks when NRL clubs have scheduled BYES to address "burnout"

- Instead off dead rubber trials, fringe NRL players have something to play for, and clubs do not risk injuries for nothing.

- NRL can capitalise on market areas otherwise not targetted. PNG has 6million people alone. Perth has 1.6, Adelaide 1.2, Fiji 800K, Christchurch 550K, Wellington 480K.

- Aspiring NRL clubs at 2nd tier level can 'test the waters' of viability with a level of national exposure.

Imagine teams like Central Coast Bears, Perth Reds, Adelaide Rams,
Wellington, Christchurch, Redcliffe Dolphins, Cabramatta Blues, Umina Bunnies, Young Cherrypickers, Toowoomba Clydesdales, Ipswich Jets, Newtown Jets, etc etc all vying for a shot to knock off the big guns with TV coverage and prizemoney ???

Cheers
Damien
:)

http://www.captainkickass.weebly.com

Posted Wednesday 9 March, 2011 9:31 PM
Pacey says
1) Two Conferences Of 9 Teams
i) Randomly Selected each year or Sydney based teams and regional teams
ii) play your conference twice and the opposite conference once - adds more derby's to the calendar.
iii) top three go thru to the finals from each conference + the top two teams after them from either conference
iv) No preseason football.

2) Allow mid season trades - similar to american sports.

3) Under 23s

4) Time limit video ref to 45 seconds
If the video is inconclusive , refs call or benefit of the doubt to the attacking team

5) If a player has been at your club since he was under 20 years of age, 50% of the players salary will only count to the teams salary cap.
This will help teams keep there juniors who they have produced as you could pay them twice as much as other clubs.
Posted Wednesday 9 March, 2011 9:37 PM

Mandy says
I think the salary cap has affected player loyalty to their clubs. I grew up in Newcastle and was spoon-fed league from birth. I went to every Knights home game from 1988-2000. I started to get dis-heartened during that season. The last game of league I went to was the following year. Once we had lost Matty Johns and other players we had since they were juniors were forced overseas to finish their careers, I lost intrest not only in my club, but the code in general. I moved to Sydney a few years later and was taken to an AFL game. I've now been a fully paid up Sydney Swans member for the last 7 years and continue to recruit friends from league fans to the AFL by educating them about the differences in recruiting and retention of players and also the culture.
Posted Wednesday 9 March, 2011 9:42 PM

Nathan says
Stop the clock when the ball is dead. This allows the fans more action for their money. Between watching players line up for kicks, walk back to scrums/kick offs, theres 10 minutes of wasted time. Also, a more consistant game. A drop kick can take ages in the first minute of the game and yet must be taken fast in the final ten. Same with kick offs. Just give both teams as much time as they need by stopping the clock when the ball is dead.
Posted Wednesday 9 March, 2011 10:12 PM

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299704035[/time]

edit

My comment just got posted too

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299785170[/time]

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/player

Mandy says
I think the salary cap has affected player loyalty to their clubs. I grew up in Newcastle and was spoon-fed league from birth. I went to every Knights home game from 1988-2000. I started to get dis-heartened during that season. The last game of league I went to was the following year. Once we had lost Matty Johns and other players we had since they were juniors were forced overseas to finish their careers, I lost intrest not only in my club, but the code in general. I moved to Sydney a few years later and was taken to an AFL game. I've now been a fully paid up Sydney Swans member for the last 7 years and continue to recruit friends from league fans to the AFL by educating them about the differences in recruiting and retention of players and also the culture.
Posted Wednesday 9 March, 2011 9:42 PM

Shane link said:
God i hate AFL morons

Agree Shane. Especially AFL morons that post on a rugby league forum or issue. If they dont like league or dont follow it anymore or never did then piss off as I dont want to hear their crap. Mandy why do you come onto a league blog/forum and give us this ****. Piss off to AFL and bother league anymore with your ****. You imbecile Mandy and all your other imbecile AFL friends especially those 2 idiots Hunt and Folau.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4