Trent "Yair No" Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
unnamed.jpg

It is actually quite a clever way to respond to most if not all questions, starting with a positive- yeah then slipping in a nah, as a sales crew we would practice these sorts of things and believe it or not it diverted the customers from being non responsive from recieving a flat out NO to being exceptive of your response and it almost become humourous, although admittedly it did become second nature and over used in everday conversation, it become a natural way to speak and respond although we never did have to face the national press.
I personally understand how he is subconciously responding to questions in that manner it took me years to get out of the habit.

I think it's a typical Aussie response. There are almost infinite amount of Aussie-isms.

We all use them, some more than others. "She'll be right," "Few cans short of a six-pack," "Fair dinkum," and so on. Brent Kite in 2008 when he won the Clive Churchill Medal, "Love youse all."

Some may annoy you, some you don't care about. If it annoys you, then I can understand that you hate hearing it from our coach.

Me? I just love youse all.

My stuckup religious sister pulls me up for it all the time. Of course that's akin to waving s red flag at a bull....I waited till her church friends were chatting in one room, and stuck the Housos DVD in the back room....then pissed off down the back to the brother in laws tool shed. He didn't help me out. He's a bloody priest!

Last edited:
Yeah/nah aside, Barrett's promotional value as a coach with screen presence is clearly not lost on the club. The videos so far are a very good innovation and Barrett has carried it off beautifully.
If he can coach as well as he performs on camera then we are in good shape.

As someone who takes great pleasure in looking down his nose at people for the way they speak, I really don't have a problem with yeah nah.

As killerspud said, it's a way of saying no without being too blunt.

"Yeah, I understand your point but nah, I don't agree with it."

It probably shouldn't be used all the time, but he is from the South Coast and not the Northern Beaches, so we need to cut him a bit of slack.

As someone who takes great pleasure in looking down his nose at people for the way they speak, I really don't have a problem with yeah nah.

As killerspud said, it's a way of saying no without being too blunt.

"Yeah, I understand your point but nah, I don't agree with it."

It probably shouldn't be used all the time, but he is from the South Coast and not the Northern Beaches, so we need to cut him a bit of slack.
Aah. But if you look at the team announcement, he seems to say it when he means Yes. Intriguing.

Trent do you have your hair done at Trendy Hair, Camperdown?
...Yeah. Nah.

Trent did you give the players a clear game plan against the Tiges?
Yeah.. Nah

Trent do you have any good reason for selecting some players fans don't rate (Wiliame/Green/Brown/Vave/Myles/Koroisau/Lussick/etc etc ect
Yeah/nah

Do you know your arse from your elbow?
Yeah/nah

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7