Trent Barrett - Adversity will strengthen our resolve

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Perfectly stated.
What a load of garbage. He’s got a MUCH better squad than Toovey had at his disposal when he finished one win outside the eight. Tooves also had to deal with a similar injury toll, and his back up players were reserve graders. This guy is holding on by his fingernails and praying for the the type of luck that will see the side fall across the line. Completely clueless.

It seems the elephants in the room can no longer be ignored.
The statements by TB to resolve some lingering controversies was a long time coming....(precipitated by Watmoughs outburst no doubt)..... and in particular the frustrating unrest of us fans.
Aside from the injury toll addressing the Hastings debacle and the impact it clearly has had on the team needed to be said.
In my opinion restoring Hastings would have been the logical thing to do, maybe heal those festering wounds along the way, besides he does have NRL experience. (albeit without much success)
The other elephant in the room was Dce ....but ! TB has come out and made a statement about that also, the negative perceptions,affirming Dce as captain, the team etc, and moving forward.
Very very good I thought, props to TB for dealing with it the way he has.
It almost feels I can cop losing peacefully at this point ....mmmmm nah.
I totally agree with TB rebuilding core group idea at least they're committed.
Taupau ,Easts or us? ..I hope he commits to stay.
For all the **** some of us have heaped on Dce whether deserved or not.
You have to admit he is a gun player.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/15/barrett-cherry-knows-how-we-feel-about-him/

It seems the elephants in the room can no longer be ignored.
The statements by TB to resolve some lingering controversies was a long time coming....(precipitated by Watmoughs outburst no doubt)..... and in particular the frustrating unrest of us fans.
Aside from the injury toll addressing the Hastings debacle and the impact it clearly has had on the team needed to be said.
In my opinion restoring Hastings would have been the logical thing to do, maybe heal those festering wounds along the way, besides he does have NRL experience. (albeit without much success)
The other elephant in the room was Dce ....but ! TB has come out and made a statement about that also, the negative perceptions,affirming Dce as captain, the team etc, and moving forward.
Very very good I thought, props to TB for dealing with it the way he has.
It almost feels I can cop losing peacefully at this point ....mmmmm nah.
I totally agree with TB rebuilding core group idea at least they're committed.
Taupau ,Easts or us? ..I hope he commits to stay.
For all the **** some of us have heaped on Dce whether deserved or not.
You have to admit he is a gun player.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/15/barrett-cherry-knows-how-we-feel-about-him/
He used to be a very good player, who at times was exceptional. However, the lack of evolution in his kicking game has seen him plummet a significant way as far as halves are concerned. Look at Reynolds kicking game last night and you will see a seven who has developed his game, passing by DCE in the process. Good halfbacks apply pressure with their kicks, and it’s been a long while since I’ve seen Cherry do just that. His long kicking game still has the potential to be top shelf, but when it’s the fifth tackle and he gets the ball anywhere between the halfway and the twenty T the attacking end of the field, he’s terrible. Basically he just hands the ball back to the opposition and they get to begin their sets from about 25 metres out. Surely there won’t be a repeat of the last two weeks tomorrow, whereby our six and seven look for the touch line when we’re chasing points. That tactic is beyond reason.

Last edited:
He used to be a very good player, who at times was exceptional. However, the lack of evolution in his kicking game has seen him plummet a significant way as far as halves are concerned. Look at Reynolds kicking game last night and you will see a seven who has developed his game, passing by DCE in the process. Good halfbacks apply pressure with their kicks, and it’s been a long while since I’ve seen Cherry do just that. His long kicking game still has the potential to be top shelf, but when it’s the fifth tackle and he gets the ball anywhere between halfway and the twenty, he’s terrible. Basically he just hands the ball back to the opposition and they get to begin their sets from about 25 metres out. Surely there won’t be a repeat of the last two weeks tomorrow, whereby our six and seven look for the touch line when we’re chasing points. That tactic is beyond reason.
I concur.
your analysis of Dce is a fair appraisal, I think, given how things have gone this year Dce would cop that.
I bet you'd still go with Cherry instead of Reynolds though,
This year has been great for Reynolds, especially behind there forwards, but had a shocker for Souths last year.
Since your making comparisons, I would say Dce had a better last year then how Reynolds is going this year.
Dce's kicking game, fifth tackle options, sinking the Warriors to get us into the finals was in complete contrast to how things have gone for us this year.
But !!! He can still redeem himself all we have to do is win these remaining games.
..........I feel oxygen thinning.......just thinking about it.

FMD .... that photo .... loose a few more teeth, get "**** the pigs" tattooed on your forehead and you could mingle in with a crowd of Parra fans and not stand out ......
Hey, you're no Canadian sunset either china plate

"Short term, you are thinking about this session, this week and getting the two points but some of the experience our younger players are getting now and the adversity they have had to go through will benefit them longer term."
Well that's one way of looking at it I suppose.......personally I wouldn't mind us going on a winning streak and bugger the long term benefits of getting thrashed every week.

Seriously, he's a fken clown if he can see some positives from this season. It will be one of our worst seasons ever and he can see some positives? Love some of those drugs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7