Trbojevic Bros

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dinga

Reserve Grader
Channel 9 news had breaking news during the Sports section tonight stating it looks like Manly have re-signed the Trbojevic Bros on long Term deals with an announcement to be made as early as tomorrow.

If true it puts into perspective the decision to re-lease Jamie Buhrer early, BUT as all of us True Manly supporters we wish we released Lewis Brown or Nate Myles instead.

Hope this info is True and an official announcement is made by the club within the next 24hrs.

GO MANLY !!

Here it is from Weidler!

Manly Sea Eagles secure $6 million men Jake and Tom Trbojevic for next four years
October 8 2016
Jake and Tom Trbojevic are Manly's $6 million men — one granite, the other a diamond — the strength and brilliance that Manly will build around for the next four years.

After weeks of negotiating, Sea Eagles boss Bob Fulton has secured the pair until the end of 2020 and given Manly a chance to rebuild into a club that can again challenge the best in the game.

Fulton spoke at length with the boys' parents and grandmother and was struck by the family bond.

And here's a bonus for Manly fans. The club is hopeful of signing a third Trbojevic, younger brother Ben, a Steve Menzies-style back-rower.

Jake and Tom are managed by Paul Sutton and he always felt Manly were the best fit. That far-sighted attitude was important in the negotiations.

The pair have upgraded deals for 2017 and cashed in for the following three years. Jake's new three-year extension is worth about $2.1 million, while Tom's deal is for $2.7 million. Throw in the upgraded deals and you have a solid investment.

Both will play Origin and are sure to challenge for higher honours.

As well as being great talents, they are from good stock and there have been few more important signings for Manly in recent times.

That's around 750k each a season. A lot of money early in their careers. I wonder how much of that is on the cap??

Where does 6 million come from? 2.1 + 2.7 = 6? No wonder our recruitment is all over the shop.
Thats for 2018-2020. Doesn't include next year upgrade . Not sure how much they will be on next year. Toms extension is for 900k a year for 3 years! Jake 700k a year for additional 3 years

Last edited:
Sorry to upset you Bob Fulton supporters,but this deal was done a month ago.Weidler and the boards lap dog, Dean Ritchie,have been orchestrating this for a while.Sack a much loved and honest player in Buhrer,get fan backlash,create panic by suggesting another club,Dragons of course because they're after everyone,are chasing them,then make Fulton look the hero by staving off others and re-sign them.Its great news they've re-signed,but let's not get carried away with the efforts of Fulton

Yeah good for Fulton, he re-signed obvious talents that never wanted to go anywhere else. What a coup. He's still a ****wit in my opinion.

But yes, of course I'm stoked to keep these boys. and I don't think that's stupid money either. Both are worth every penny. Go Manly.

Have plenty of our best locked up long term now like dce, tapau and the turbos. Makes it all the more likely that we'll have a few good years to come seeing that we can build a side around a number of players of which will play the role of the core for us

Last edited by a moderator:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6