Trbojevic asked to be fined for sprint session

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
This is the untold story of the aftermath to Tom Trbojevic’s sprint down Manly Corso when he lost out to a young mystery man named Harry after a day on the drink to celebrate Brad Parker’s birthday.

In terms of rugby league incidents, it was very low on the misbehaviour scale, but it was high in terms of impact on a football team.

It left Trbojevic – one of the game’s genuine good guys – embarrassed, not because Harry beat him, but because Tommy Turbo had let down his club, his teammates and all of those who invested so much time and money in getting him fit for the 2021 season.

Trbojevic doesn’t like letting people down. It’s a strong family trait. His brother Jake has been known to cry after losses.

And now we can tell you the tale of Tommy’s tears. He knew he did the wrong thing that night on the Corso, and he knows no one believes he slipped in the bathroom the morning after and injured a hamstring. He maintains the story of the bathroom mishap is true and that it wasn’t the first stride of the race that led to yet another hamstring problem.

Regardless, he wanted to make up for being out on the drink. In what may be a first in rugby league, he asked the club to fine him. He was emotional when it happened. He knew missing even a month of football would have serious implications for Manly’s season. And it has. The fine was Trbojevic’s way of saying sorry.

But that idea evolved into something else altogether.

It was decided Trbojevic, a legend of local league who cut his teeth with the Mona Vale Raiders, would put some of his salary towards junior players in the area. No one will confirm the amount, but it is believed to be in the vicinity of $20,000. The money will be given to the Sea Eagles Foundation with the instruction it will be spent on junior football.

However, Trbojevic wanted to do more. He told the club he would like to work in the junior league community; to give back to the kids he disappointed by setting a poor example. Again, no one from the club will give us his schedule, but they say the story is correct.

Trbojevic also wants to make it up to the rehab staff. He has done that by being as diligent as he can be. His scans last week were encouraging. He has been doing contact work at training. He is ready to return this week against the Titans in Mudgee. And that’s his chance to make it up to his teammates and the fans.

Coulda just given me a call, and we'd call it quits.

lol

I see where he is coming from, but if was just a f/up in the shower then he doesn't need to ...er.... beat himself up too much about it.

Anyway, players over 600k a year should all consider giving a bit back to junior footy. (the nrl should do more as well).

The biggest admission of guilt yet!!

No one believes the bathroom story , no one !!

He’ll learn, he’s young , but never lie as it lives with you for life!!
I suspect it was the clubs idea to roll out the bathroom story.If he went to the club that day and told them of the bathroom story,why would he offer to fork out some coin?I presume he was quite willing to admit the truth that he was attempting to take out the Corso 100,but in typical League style,the spin doctors took over once word got around there was a video about to be released

I believe him and don’t think he or his family would continue to support a fabrication that would tarnish their reputation

like some one said
It is how you will be remembered and he us a very genuine young man

But I also found Easter eggs in my garden and always found two bob in a glass of water when I lost a tooth

go figure

Should have given the money from the fine to Silvertails, to help us drown our sorrows caused by watching a Turbo-less Manly get hammered all month.
But then drunken Silvertails might have challenged each other to sprint sessions and that could have led to post- racing shower mishaps.
How scandalous!
Maybe then one of us would need to do volunteer work at The Kennel. Oh the shame.:giggle:

I believe him and don’t think he or his family would continue to support a fabrication that would tarnish their reputation

like some one said

But I also found Easter eggs in my garden and always found two bob in a glass of water when I lost a tooth

go figure
I actually don’t believe he spun the story , that’s come from the club.

BUT, he perpetuates it!!

like some one said

go figure

Someone was saying they leave $10 -$20 for a tooth now days. Born to early, methinks.

I believe him as well.

from the article:

He maintains the story of the bathroom mishap is true and that it wasn’t the first stride of the race that led to yet another hamstring problem.
So it was the first stride he blew it... he had no chance to win then. :talking:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6