Trbojevic a bolter for Kangaroos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Trbojevic a bolter for Kangaroos
By Greg Prichard
September 25, 2016

JAKE Trbojevic may be part of a hot Prime Minister’s XIII side for Saturday’s game in Port Moresby, but if he makes the Australian squad for the end-of-season Four Nations tournament he’ll be shocked – because he gives himself no chance.

“I got to play for the Prime Minister’s XIII last year and I’m lucky enough to do it again,” Trbojevic tells RLW.

“It’s exciting. They’ve picked a really good team and I’m looking forward to being a part of it, so I’m going to go out there and have fun playing”

Read more:
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/trbojevic-bolter-kangaroos/

If they have room in the squad Jake certainly deserves to be there for the Four Nations. Would be a great experience for him. Since he'll be our skipper next year he'll learn a lot being in a professional footy environment too. (Let's hope the shock doesn't kill him lol) Hes obviously very well regarded so if there's a bolter it could certainly be him!

Come on now...plenty of time for that at the 'Five minutes to midnight' moment..

I mean, when have our recruitment and retention people ever let us down?
They're sitting at a cafe somewhere, thinking that they should trade him for Ben Hannant or some other equally over the hill type.. Maybe that Tony Williams fella he was good 5 years ago remember? I hear that Corey Parker is off contract this year as well...

Indeed. Hannant's a Mormon too! Look how well that worked out with Will Hoppa? Who knows, we might be able to leverage off Hannant's presence to attract that loyal local product home, on a suitably inflated sign on fee of course.

Give him time. There are plenty of props ahead of him for the Australian team, and that's his best position imo.

Give him time. There are plenty of props ahead of him for the Australian team, and that's his best position imo.
He's a lock and has been for a year now and won't get selected as a prop. He's up there as one of the top 5 locks in Aus.

He may have been selected in our dis-functional team of 2016 as a lock, but that doesn't mean it's his best position. I give you Doors Walker as another example.
I believe he is a prop in the mould of Matt Scott.

He may have been selected in our dis-functional team of 2016 as a lock, but that doesn't mean it's his best position. I give you Doors Walker as another example.
I believe he is a prop in the mould of Matt Scott.
Yeah I tend to agree here. I think he may develop into a limited mins prop when he 'fills out' properly. Not that it's far off. We are light on second rowers/locks though so perhaps that's where he will play on next year.

Yeah I tend to agree here. I think he may develop into a limited mins prop when he 'fills out' properly. Not that it's far off. We are light on second rowers/locks though so perhaps that's where he will play on next year.

I think if Jake gained too much more weight it'd just slow him down and make him generally less effective offensively and defensively. I don't know why everyone wants to make him a prop.. He's only going to be physically up to that if he gets fat ffs. Play him on an edge in a Glen Stewart type role - instead of fattening him up get him even fitter!! He has a huge engine, has great hands and is a brilliant defender - our edge defensive was abysmal in 2016. Get some huge one dimensional monsters to do the argy bargy stuff up the guts and save Jake for the classy stuff.

I think if Jake gained too much more weight it'd just slow him down and make him generally less effective offensively and defensively. I don't know why everyone wants to make him a prop.. He's only going to be physically up to that if he gets fat ffs. Play him on an edge in a Glen Stewart type role - instead of fattening him up get him even fitter!! He has a huge engine, has great hands and is a brilliant defender - our edge defensive was abysmal in 2016. Get some huge one dimensional monsters to do the argy bargy stuff up the guts and save Jake for the classy stuff.
Hard to disagree with you. For mine, he has that more stocky prop type build naturally as opposed to your second rower/lock type. He's not the fastest bloke on the paddock too. Not suggesting we fatten him up, he will naturally get stronger but prob not faster. Didn't he play prop for aussie school boys? Anyway, type of bloke who could play 30 in the middle then the last 30 of the game

Hard to disagree with you. For mine, he has that more stocky prop type build naturally as opposed to your second rower/lock type. He's not the fastest bloke on the paddock too. Not suggesting we fatten him up, he will naturally get stronger but prob not faster. Didn't he play prop for aussie school boys? Anyway, type of bloke who could play 30 in the middle then the last 30 of the game

I'd be interested in where the man himself says he wants to play... Wherever he's happy, I'd be happy tbh

especially if we move Jamie Buhrer on .... incidentally I thought he was a Bozo favourite after getting picked for NSW a few years back!

especially if we move Jamie Buhrer on .... incidentally I thought he was a Bozo favourite after getting picked for NSW a few years back!
I really can't see him being moved on. Baz thinks very highly of him. They know the fans want to keep him. He's not getting paid overs and he started to come real good late last year. I think Jamie will be there next year and beyond.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7