Training strategy speculation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

AndyVXI

An interesting exchange on Triple M Sydney Rush Hour tonight, it was put to Joey speculation that our training intensity had ramped up significantly a month out from the finals to time peak performance benefits during the finals, and that might explain the recent short term drop in form.

Joey evaded with some "I don't know"s and "I'm not commenting". Sounded to me like there might be some truth to it.

Interesting theory. Might have some merit I guess, but I'm no expert.

sounds about right.

I also can't see 2v risking a lot of the players for the last match. Maybe the cowboys will get one over us.....so we're fresh for the month after...? !

I think that sometimes you win games, sometimes you don't, we have had some tough weeks and that is the result

Beat Penrith to ensure a top 2 finish and then rest several for the Cows game. Doesn't matter if we finish 1st or 2nd or who we play in week 1. Just be fresh and ready for the finals.

I mentioned this in another thread last week sometime. Each year at around this time we seem to have a short period where we go through this spell, it has been happening since the Des days. I think it has to have something to do with training, too much of a coincidence for it to be the scheduling. Can't see any reason why 2V wouldn't continue with it, after all, he did his apprenticeship under one of the guys who has taken the coaching in this sport to new levels science wise.

Lifting training intensity at this time of the year isn't that revolutionary a concept. Although it probably more common in AFL where its probably more aerobically based. Perhaps with our top 4 position effectively in the bag the club might have gone a bit harder than normal. Time will tell.

Nothing new at all usually around six weeks from the end of the regular rounds.

Raising intensity is more about shorter training periods but performed at a higher intensity.(not regular training with the same length of time and workload performed at higher intensity)

The odd week the team might be flogged for an extended period if they feel safe in the four around 3-4 weeks from the end of the regular season, the last 2 weeks it gets tapered down gradually.

I'm sure it is partly to blame but the losses we have had all season have had a worrying pattern to it so lets not overstate it this year.

We will be sharper and play with more intensity for the Semis.

mickqld said:
Beat Penrith to ensure a top 2 finish and then rest several for the Cows game. Doesn't matter if we finish 1st or 2nd or who we play in week 1. Just be fresh and ready for the finals.

can't agree with this. If it came down to a choice, and we could choose playing Penrith week 1, or the Roosters, I know which I would be choosing every time.

If we end up playing the Roosters (our home semi), can we opt to choose ANZ over Allianz? Would be an absolute mess if we play them in our home final at their home ground.

mmmdl said:
mickqld said:

can't agree with this. If it came down to a choice, and we could choose playing Penrith week 1, or the Roosters, I know which I would be choosing every time.

Premierships are set up in week 1. We must focus all our current energy after this Sunday to that purpose. IF we beat the panthers then the cows game is irrelevant, in fact we may still finish first even if we lose to the cows. Beating 1 of our biggest threats in week 1 (vermin or rorters) will set that up. It will virtually eliminate 1 of them and will put the other in the opposite side of the draw from us.

hahagold said:
If we end up playing the Roosters (our home semi), can we opt to choose ANZ over Allianz? Would be an absolute mess if we play them in our home final at their home ground.

I believe so mate

Stevo said:
hahagold said:

I believe so mate

Or the Bunnies..... imagine if we had to play the Bunnies.. Anz or SFS.. both their home grounds. Just bull****.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6