TPAs - Serious Question

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blucky

Reserve Grader
So if TPAs are supposedly at "arms length" from the club, then they are really a direct contract between a player and a third party. How then can they be included in the players contract with the club, and registered with the NRL ?

So the conversation with new player could go something like this:
Player X - "I want $1 million a year to play for your club"
Club - "how about $700k and you arrange $300k with that entity over there ?"
Player X - "How about 1 million, and I go and arrange an extra $300k with that entity over there ?"

If the TPAs are nothing to do with the club, then how does this work ? And what about the NRLs (previous) instance on players playing for their contract values. Does this include the TPAs or not ? Because if it doesn't then every player who has a TPA is technically playing for under their value ?

Confoosed.

They have to be approved by the NRL in some fashion, I don’t think the nitty gritty but there is a board that reviews TPAs and provides approval or denies request

So if TPAs are supposedly at "arms length" from the club, then they are really a direct contract between a player and a third party. How then can they be included in the players contract with the club, and registered with the NRL ?

So the conversation with new player could go something like this:
Player X - "I want $1 million a year to play for your club"
Club - "how about $700k and you arrange $300k with that entity over there ?"
Player X - "How about 1 million, and I go and arrange an extra $300k with that entity over there ?"

If the TPAs are nothing to do with the club, then how does this work ? And what about the NRLs (previous) instance on players playing for their contract values. Does this include the TPAs or not ? Because if it doesn't then every player who has a TPA is technically playing for under their value ?

Confoosed.

Add to that ... a TPA cannot be team specific ... so if I want to throw a TPA at say .. young Hoppa ... I can't make it conditional on him playing for Manly ... How fukked up is that ...

Add to that ... a TPA cannot be team specific ... so if I want to throw a TPA at say .. young Hoppa ... I can't make it conditional on him playing for Manly ... How fukked up is that ...
Yeah, it does highlight how transparently stupid the whole TPA masquerade really is. If anybody with half a brain sat down and actually thought it through they would realise the theoretical rule does not match the reality.

Oh, and in response to the last part of your comment... just ponder how amazing it is that the players who attract the majority of TPAs just so happen to play at the same clubs. It's an astonishing coincidence

The whole contract/TPA/player agent axis of evil/inconsistent and incompetent NRL is a real mess. Needs to be tightened up and fixed. It’s pretty obvious it’s not working the same for everyone and can be circumvented too easily.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8