TPA Article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
There's an article in the Tele regarding 3rd party spending by clubs. I dont have a subscription but would be interested to know where we sit. Anyone a subscriber?

Which club do you think has the lowest TPA's at only $26,000? The Tigers? Newcastle?
It can't be Manly, if reports are correct, because we have a grandmother providing TPA's of $80,000 or so.

This sums it up:

"But, if a wealthy club director, plays a golf game with a prospective recruit and bets him $100,000 he can't sink a 5cm putt, there is nothing the NRL can do."
What would be the consequences if the prospective recruit missed the shot ?

Which club do you think has the lowest TPA's at only $26,000? The Tigers? Newcastle?
It can't be Manly, if reports are correct, because we have a grandmother providing TPA's of $80,000 or so.
According to a report i heard this morning , the Dragons .

Because the rest is in a brown paper bag.

Which is why what the article reports is a farce, where for example is the Thoroughbreds money??

Can’t be a TPA because they aren’t a business.

Can’t be at arms length, because they recieve significant benefits.

It just “ appears “ in a players bank account.

Complete and absolute utter FARCE!

The NRL not seeing an issue with TPA's show just how weak and corrupt they are.

Greenslime has his head in the sand hoping like hell it all goes away.

He’s being absolutely hammered on Twitter about this and the Lodge / Broncos issue and he’s just gone into hiding.

Then I saw a photo of him at the Fox League launch sipping on Champagne and Caviar and arriving in his BMW chauffeur drive.

What a gig hey, do **** all, watch any game you want from a corporate box and earn a lazy Million a year.

The nrl have just gone... You know what? stuff it...we don't even need to sweep it under the carpet. Let's just say there's no problems with it. what are the fans or anyone going to do about it?

They've gone total 'dictator/president for life' mode on us. What else can we think after that article (and the fact they can have a 2 year Manly investigation because greenburg hates us.)

Totally unacceptable...but what will happen? The brown shirts of the game are in charge.

The NRL absolutely blow me away.

Acording to this NRL.com article the Melbourne Storm have $788,000 on TPA's. Broncos and Panthers sit at 2 and 3 on the list with $550,000 (bs broncs) while the 4th team is outside of Sydney. This means the highest place Manly could be is 5th on the list at $200,000 which is still highly unlikely.

So in saying all that. They will investigate a club with $200k of TPAs and attempt to significantly fine them, when there is another club in the competition on 4x that amount in TPAs.

It doesnt make sense in the slightest. It is the single largest blight on the modern game and it needs to be scrapped or capped.

The situation is untenable.

I understand that the players, as public identities, should be able to leverage that celebrity into off field earnings. None of us would feel happy about being told we couldn't maximise our income.

But the clubs know that the maximum spend is set. The game in its entirety can't afford to have 2 or 3 strong clubs year in year out. It will become boring and predictable.

But the clubs won't keep out of these "non football" streams of income. There's just no way these can be fairly administered unless every single one goes through the governing body. And even then, the Donkeys, Rorters etc will STILL find some way the get around it.

With all the systematic and blatant cheating that goes on, the investigation into Manly is so trivial, it's no wonder everyone here feels we are being victimised. And that farce of a situation with Maloney's KENO money just proved how the NRL just sits on its hands while certain clubs just blatantly flaunt the rules.

And they're surprised the fans are disillusioned ? Give me a break. Delusional idiots.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4